Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Australian Story Abc Tv 8.00Pm Tonight

Tune in tonight to hear Mark Weber air some dirty laundry.. should be interesting

Yeah I've already read about it but ill definatly be watching, thankx for the info.

Is there a encore? I fully missed it

Don't think so mate, maybe wait a few days and you might be able to watch it from google. Fingers crossed.

Hey web what's the go with the name change?

This is the name I've always used on my other forums and such plus MC are my initials so I thought to change it to something iam more used to that's all. It's the same old me, just wanted to refresh things that's all.

It should be available to watch on iView. I tuned into the second half tonight. I must say I respect Mark for not being a d#ck basically. Whilst he did talk about the struggles with Vettel, he ended things saying he gets on well with the guy now and I admire him for saying that. If anything his wife/partner seemed to hold a grudge more than he did.

At the end of he day, he had just as much chance to win the 2010 title as anyone else. It didn't turn out that way, but there wasn't any conspiracy surrounding it either. It was his to win just as much as Vettels.

I'm glad he's having fun in WEC. I still did not want him to leave F1 at the end of the day. It would have been nice to see him at Ferrari for a year or two or back at Williams.

It should be available to watch on iView. I tuned into the second half tonight. I must say I respect Mark for not being a d#ck basically. Whilst he did talk about the struggles with Vettel, he ended things saying he gets on well with the guy now and I admire him for saying that. If anything his wife/partner seemed to hold a grudge more than he did.

At the end of he day, he had just as much chance to win the 2010 title as anyone else. It didn't turn out that way, but there wasn't any conspiracy surrounding it either. It was his to win just as much as Vettels.

I'm glad he's having fun in WEC. I still did not want him to leave F1 at the end of the day. It would have been nice to see him at Ferrari for a year or two or back at Williams.

Yeah it was good, I think he was saving his best for his new book though. But we will have to wait and see.

Jem there are rippers to save the streams on iView. I'll look into saving the show for you and then post it.

EDIT: Here you go... https:// 1fichier.com/?4qci8whirj

HINT: Remove the space!

Bizarre comments from Webber.

Does he really think anyone will believe that RBR ever favored Vettel?

Conspiracy talk and nothing but from that wacko Webber...

Well Michael, aka emmcee I'm still gonna call u web Ric lol

That's fine bro.

Bizarre comments from Webber.

Does he really think anyone will believe that RBR ever favored Vettel?

Conspiracy talk and nothing but from that wacko Webber...

You serious?

2e01ee9d1ad2b81a2fd43a575d974c069ae18a509067eb33222dfe9e143ced0e.jpg

I think he might have interpreted focusing on = favoritism. What Webber didn't talk about was him only signing one year contracts with RBR. Add in his age, and you have to ask why he would have thought RBR would have then focused on him and not Vettel. Vettel had signed long term, he was young and hungry and put in fanatical amounts of time analyzing and working with the team. Webber was older and was only committing one year at a time. Thus even though he did stick around for some years, he could have just as easily walked away with very little notice. Teams don't form long term designs and strategies around situations like that. And it creates a situation whereby in some sense you're part of the team, but are also on the outer to a degree as well.

Naturally the documentary talked about Multi 21. But even Seb has said it was, in a way, payback for Webber's actions in Silverstone 2011 and Brazil 2012. People will choose sides, some will agree, some won't. But there was way more to Multi 21 than what we saw on the track that day in Malaysia. Webber's book will no doubt go into more detail, but it will only ever be half a story until Vettel writes a book of his own.

I don't feel Webber is as squeaky clean / or the innocent bystander as he likes to portray himself. He's certainly not on the level of Alonso's sneakiness however. But I think he truly believes hes never done wrong, and thus in his mind, in his view he's been hard done by. I can understand that. But I can't dismiss Silverstone and Brazil and just racing incidents either. I don't pretend to claim it's all at fault, far from it because it's not. But his own actions helped plot his course whilst at RBR.

And when it comes down to it, he could have still won 2010. Not Vettel, not Alonso but Webber. He had every opportunity in the last race to clinch it. So any talk about favoritism at that point was mute. It wasn't as though he was coming 2nd to Vettel's 1st, and Vettel was already out of the Championship, but wouldn't move over to give him the points needed to take the title. He had it right there as good as he ever was going to get and it just wasn't his day when it came down to it.

Ohh no doubt but I think webber was dirty and wanted payback ever since turkey 2010, no matter which side you pick, that was ultimately sebs fault and for marko to come out and back seb over that issue just showed how many brain farts that guy has and simply has no idea. IMO, it all boils down to that one occassion and when webber would have had the support, he didnt. That alone is the main reason for all the "payback" mentality, all the other situations just added fuel to the fire. I gurantee if it was seb taking the racing line coming out of the corner and defending ever so slightly like webber did and webber chopped accross the front of seb, marko wouldn't have backed webber, I can guarantee that.

I can't remember what race it was, but Webber did do a very dangerous dodgy chop in front of Vettel. What race was that?

Turkey was not a good day for RBR. But I certainly don't think Vettel had any intention of crashing, not did Webber. Seeing that footage, it just seemed to me like Vettel got sucked into a low air pressure situation that made his car appear to move into Webber. That old saying of wherever there is a vortex, it will be filled. But as to who was at fault, I honestly took the view it was both their faults. It was not deliberate by either of them. But Webber's other actions were deliberate. That's the crux.

Turkey = rash accident, could have been avoided but was not deliberate

Silverstone + Brazil = deliberate

Malaysia = payback time for deliberate actions

What Marko says, well he's Marko. He's just another Lauda type character. He must be good at something surely, otherwise why is he there? F1 teams don't just pay people to do nothing otherwise Raging Fat Flav would be in the pitlane!

I can't remember the race either but I think I know what you mean. As for turkey, it was plain and simply vettel's mistake, how on earth he was thinking of trying to pass in the outside I will never know and all webber did was carry the natural line out of the corner, he didnt even really defend, Vettel with his "I must do it now" attitude cost him some points and almost webber aswell, I know from karting if any clown tried that and we collided and he said it was my fault, he would get a knuckle sandwich. Just a stupid mistake by Vettel on his behalf. I hope that also cleared up what I was saying all along about the new front wing at silverstone, it went straight to seb while mark was in the position to recieve it first. It never had anything to do with mark liking it or not liking it and then kicking up a stink, that was all rumour to ramp up the situation.

Webber was on track to win the 2010 when the team had him (and him alone) pit, sending him into traffic while Vettel flew to victory without having to even pass him.

But, yes, Webber is scam (and Alonso far more than Webber) so Vettel beat the repugnant pair fair and square.

Webber was on track to win the 2010 when the team had him (and him alone) pit, sending him into traffic while Vettel flew to victory without having to even pass him.

But, yes, Webber is scam (and Alonso far more than Webber) so Vettel beat the repugnant pair fair and square.

I don't disagree with you much and I respect your extensive knowledge but I have to disagree on this one mate.

I thought Webber was brought in to cover Alonso's pitstop?

That's what I thought, to try and stop alonso under cutting him as they say, the damage was already done by then and webber didnt help the cause by making a rookie mistake and planting it into the wall in Korea. That was webbers weakness, pressure, he couldn't deal with it. He was basically toast once these pirelli's came in, he never got the hang of them, he should've beaten Rosberg at silverstone but he distroyed his tyres much faster than Rosberg did.