Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Ricciardo Not Ruling Out Ferrari

Yes, but they can afford to buy out Bottas' contract. Ricciardo's contract will be more expensive and RBR don't need the money as much as Williams do.

Having said that, RBR do have a bit of a problem with a backlog of young talented drivers, Max and Carlos aren't going to stay at STR for long. So if Dan moved on, it would make it easier for them.

Yes, but they can afford to buy out Bottas' contract. Ricciardo's contract will be more expensive and RBR don't need the money as much as Williams do.

Having said that, RBR do have a bit of a problem with a backlog of young talented drivers, Max and Carlos aren't going to stay at STR for long. So if Dan moved on, it would make it easier for them.

Dan isn't getting paid that much, I think he is only on like 3.7 mill or something and Bottas a tad over 1 mill so I don't know where Williams got the 16 mill buy out figure from. If I was Bottas if be asking for that 16mill next season if I was to stay at Williams. If these figures are close to correct, ricciardo would be the better value.

Williams can name whatever price they want. Obviously if they want 16 then thats the value they place on a year of his service, plus whatever they can rort Ferrari for. He's not that great anyway so easy to replace.

RBR have put a lot of money into Dan through his junior years and the young driver program so they would want some compensation for that.

Something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. The entire basis of our economy and stock market is based on that.

RBR have put a lot of money into Dan through his junior years and the young driver program so they would want some compensation for that.

Something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. The entire basis of our economy and stock market is based on that.

Well webber helped build the team into a championship contender and they didnt favor him much.

Well webber helped build the team into a championship contender and they didnt favor him much.

Yes, but he didn't go through their young driver program, they inherited him when they bough the team.

Both incorrect, Redbull debuted in 2005 and webber was with Williams in 2005 and 2006. It wasnt till 2007 he joined Redbull and would have won his first race in the rain soaked Japanese Grand Prix that year if it wasnt for bloody Vettel running in the back of him and taking him out. Webber said " bloody kids, you do all the hard work and the fvck it up" webber was also sick that weekend and threw up in his helmet during the race.

Well I stand corrected. However, he still didn't go through their driver program, which was the original discussion.

Well I stand corrected. However, he still didn't go through their driver program, which was the original discussion.

True but how loyal are Redbull with there drivers that have been through there program? Only Vettel and ricciardo are the only ones that have come through with a decent career. They turfed alguersuari,Buemi,liuzzi,speed,doornbos,klien just to name a few and they were decent talents, well decent enough to earn a fully fledged scholarship from redbull. When they let them go from either Redbull or toro rosso, they don't even place them in any feeder categories, they totally wash there hands of them. Now if they can "waste" time,money and talent like that, then IMO ricciardo can be brought out, they just have to get the dollar ammount right.

Yeah but thats because they didnt have the development F1 drivers yet. He was the dust that they had to get rid of once they were ready.

You must not think highly of Australian talent. Afterall webber has been the most succesful Aussie since Alan jones, even more succesful than ricciardo at the moment.

Yeah but thats because they didnt have the development F1 drivers yet. He was the dust that they had to get rid of once they were ready.

Utter rubbish, RBR hired Mark to do a specific job in pulling the team forwards, and it can be well argued that he did just that.

Red Bull already had junior drivers in the works when they bought Jaguar, Klien, Liuzzi, Doornbos and Vettel were already on the payroll by then.

I think the present situation for Ferrari is that they want someone who will offer a challenge to Seb, but maybe not outright outpace him on a consistent basis, and I would naturally assume that he would'nt be too much in favour of having Dan back in the car next door with the potential risk of being made to look pretty ordinary in a car designed around his likes once again, no matter how well they get along.

With Bottas I think the jury is still out somewhat, he can be unbeatably quick on his day, but Felipe is keeping him honest, and that won't be lost on the Ferrari hierachy at all.

Really it comes down to who is available in the next 12 months, both Dan and Valtteri potentially are, but then again they do have other options besides them, they could well keep Kimi if they feel there is no other viable option, they could plump for Grosjean, unlikely but he IS available, and does have some speed, even if the Lotus hasn't, though there would be a general feeling that his star has waned considerably, there's also Hulkenberg, but for internal political reasons Ferrari would be hesitant to run two Germans.

You've also got to consider that Ferrari's own young driver program has had a massive hole punched in it by Jules Bianchi's injuries, he was the star pupil, being kept race sharp and race fit at Marussia before the inevitable "call".

Totally agree with your post. I've always said that this Ferrari seat was bianchis and at the end of the day I don't think Ferrari would really care if seb doesn't want dan there. They have to look what the best opportunity for Ferrari to close the gap to Mercedes and challenge for the title and with the current lineup, they can't do that. I mean the car doesn't help but seb is showing how much can be extracted from the car compared to kimi. There is a strong possiblity that if dan went to Ferrari he would beat seb again and is that really a bad thing for Ferrari? I don't think so, it would raise vettel's game once again and they would have basically an unbeatable lineup if the car is built to that level.

I don't know, grosjean is not the same driver that he was 2-3 years ago. He has some genuine pace and has achieved a few podiums. Remember when they recruited eddie Irvine, he wasnt as succesful as grosjean has been and he got the drive. I know it's different times but hey, it could happen. They gave Nicola Larini a seat.

Kimi beat GRO at Lotus. So Ferrari will replace Kimi with GRO? As I said it's not going to happen ever. What has GRO done in the last few years? He doesn't crash as much. But he's been invisible. There is no way this will become a reality.

He was more than an even match for kimi towards then end of 2013. Out pacing kimi quite often in the closing stages of the 2013 season.

nah

Yeah, lucky mark turned down that Ferrari deal otherwise kimi wouldn't have had a seat lol.