Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

British Grand Prix

So it's silverstone again, here's some classic footage of the 98 British gp with the battle of Schumacher and hakkinen.

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/videos/6438/silverstone-memories-schumacher-vs-hakkinen/

Whats your predictions? Can't go past Hamilton for the win. I go

1- Hamilton

2- Rosberg

3- Vettel.

Alonso to blow an engine.

Footage of Button coasting to a stop, cause of breakdown unknown at time of broadcast.

Kimi will qualify 6th and finish the race 5th.

A Renault will blow up again, for what team, honestly no one cares anymore.

Nico will win, Lewis will look glum.

Footage of Button coasting to a stop, cause of breakdown unknown at time of broadcast.

would be juicy for the championship if nico wins, but I think lewis will be out to get it. Maybe merc might have there first dnf this race, surely they can't go the full season without a retirement can they?

Alonso is replacing his engine as his previous one was damaged in the crash at Austria, but they're replacing it with an old engine so he doesn't suffer a penalty, so you may be right on the Alonso prediction.

Nico will win because Lewis decided not to turn up as he was hanging out with Pharrel Williams.

Hamilton will lead the entire race, then stop with 2 laps to go to check himself in the wing mirror, put on his stupid sunglasses and retarded chain, so he's ready for the podium.

Rosberg will trundle around after Hamilton, cry on the radio about being held up, cry on the radio about his tyres wearing out, cry on the radio about how he's finally realised he will never win the world championship, and finish second.

Vettel will trundle along after Rosberg, the commentators will try to make a big deal of how great the racing is, how he's in with a shot, how the tyres might swing in his favour, how exciting the racing is and he will finish 60 seconds adrift of Rosberg.

Massa and Bottas will take each other out on the first corner and Ricciardo will smash into the wreckage.

Kimi will f8ck up qualifying, then the team will put his car on the grid facing backwards by accident and Arrivabiene (or woteva) will loudly blame Kimi for everything until he looks at the data.

Hamilton will lead the entire race, then stop with 2 laps to go to check himself in the wing mirror, put on his stupid sunglasses and retarded chain, so he's ready for the podium.

Rosberg will trundle around after Hamilton, cry on the radio about being held up, cry on the radio about his tyres wearing out, cry on the radio about how he's finally realised he will never win the world championship, and finish second.

Vettel will trundle along after Rosberg, the commentators will try to make a big deal of how great the racing is, how he's in with a shot, how the tyres might swing in his favour, how exciting the racing is and he will finish 60 seconds adrift of Rosberg.

Massa and Bottas will take each other out on the first corner and Ricciardo will smash into the wreckage.

Kimi will f8ck up qualifying, then the team will put his car on the grid facing backwards by accident and Arrivabiene (or woteva) will loudly blame Kimi for everything until he looks at the data.

Wow, you could write a script for the FIA, better than they can.

Rain drops forecasted here in ye olde england for sunday (what a surprise).

Therefore, a Button victory obviously. Except the car will break down after 12 laps, so I guess Verstappen will take the win, he's got a natural talent that will see him charge through in the wet.

Rain drops forecasted here in ye olde england for sunday (what a surprise).

Therefore, a Button victory obviously. Except the car will break down after 12 laps, so I guess Verstappen will take the win, he's got a natural talent that will see him charge through in the wet.

Well thats how Vettel made his name.

No way Vettel would have won in monza if it was dry, let alone got pole. Maybe webber should've taken him out, then they would have been even for Fuji 2007.

Impressive though, his team-mate was nowhere (at Monza 08)

His teammate was no were in 2008 at all.

Gee how this circuit has changed. Last time I was there was 1988 for the British F3 race .

I was working for RALT cars at the time and was at the track with spares for the RALT RT32 F3 car.

A couple of F1 cars were there also just running as a crowd enjoyment. One of the drivers was Ayrton Senna and as I had the van of spares parked at the back of the pits I saw someone flying an R/C model aircraft , which I did any spare moment, so I wandered over and it was Ayrton flying a fully aerobatic aircraft, and as good as he drove the race car.

Fond memories of Silverstone.

We see Merc sandbagging as usual. Nice to see Vettel's comments about this too. Goes someway in explaining why these past few GPs the Ferraris have been mighty on Fridays, and then end up over a 1sec behind the Mercs in Q. Despite me liking Vettel's win this year, I think Merc turned their engines down too much that race weekend out of arrogance and got caught out in the race.

The silver lining is the Tour de France is on this weekend. Yay! At least that's not boring as you get to see the wonderful French countryside with the yearly cameos of the neighboring countries.

The silver lining is the Tour de France is on this weekend. Yay! At least that's not boring as you get to see the wonderful French countryside with the yearly cameos of the neighboring countries.

VIVE LE TOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

We see Merc sandbagging as usual. Nice to see Vettel's comments about this too. Goes someway in explaining why these past few GPs the Ferraris have been mighty on Fridays, and then end up over a 1sec behind the Mercs in Q. Despite me liking Vettel's win this year, I think Merc turned their engines down too much that race weekend out of arrogance and got caught out in the race.

Merc didnt turn down there engine in Malaysia, they got to c#cky with put strategy and got caught out.

I've seen references to it before that they did have it turned down for safety reasons and possibly due to the performance advantage they had over everyone.

I've seen references to it before that they did have it turned down for safety reasons and possibly due to the performance advantage they had over everyone.

Oh ok first I've heard of that, even merc themselves though said they were compromised by strategy so who knows what to Beleive.

Sorry I meant reliability, not safety reasons, but kind of the same thing really.

They are definately turning up the engine in Q and the race. Seeing how good Ferrari have been in the free practices, it must be demoralizing for them to see the huge gap once Merc turn up the wick.

That's one reg that should come into play, they must run at full capacity at all times. Gives everyone a better idea of who posses what.

Few big names seem to be struggling this weekend

Well at least Kimi beat Vettel. Obviously he's a superior driver.

[sarcasm]

Whats happened to Alonso, I thought he had the ability to DRIVE THE CAR BEYOND ITS LIMITS.

[ /sarcasm]