Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Is F1 Getting To Soft?

Remember those epic wet races when it was actually wet? Spain 96, Monaco 97, silverstone and spa 98 are a few that come to mind. Nowadays it's red flagged before it gets to that extent, do you think it's getting to soft?

Well, yes and no.

Yes, in the respect that I remember some crazy races especially in Brazil.

No, I remember what happened to Bianchi.

Well, yes and no.

Yes, in the respect that I remember some crazy races especially in Brazil.

No, I remember what happened to Bianchi.

Bianchis was just a freak accident though and those unfortunately happen from time to time. Even Senna's fatal accident could happen today as he would've walked away if suspension debris didnt pierce his helmet. I don't think bianchis accident really has much to do with the weather in the nature of the accident.

who cares if they crash, they need to drive slower. if they drive slower, they wont crash. the same thing can happen in the dry, if they drive to fast they crash and die. why is it suddenly different when its wet. bl00dy ridiculous logic.

who cares if they crash, they need to drive slower. if they drive slower, they wont crash. the same thing can happen in the dry, if they drive to fast they crash and die. why is it suddenly different when its wet. bl00dy ridiculous logic.

Exactly, um, well put I guess lol.

I just dont get it. DRIVE TO THE CONDITIONS. These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world and they stop racing when it rains. Does you grandma stop driving when it rains? Mine doesnt.

I just dont get it. DRIVE TO THE CONDITIONS. These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world and they stop racing when it rains. Does you grandma stop driving when it rains? Mine doesnt.

Yep totally agree mate, good post.

webric why you go and confuse me with your name change?

Yea F1's been too soft with wet races for several years. One aquaplane and Charlie tells everyone to come home for a cup of tea until it stops raining outside. Standing starts in the wet are ancient history so we're robbed of that spectacle too.

F1 is dangerous, and part of its appeal is the danger. Drivers know and accept this. Spa '98 happened because of one driver's mistake, not just because it was raining. So now we have to have safety car starts when its raining and Bosh there's one of the weekend highlights gone already.

I just changed my name to my usual Internet and forum name I've used for years and besides MC are my initials so yeah. Still the same old good handsome bloke though lol.

Do I mean so much to you guys you want me to revert back to my original name? Lol

Yes please, I don't know who Emmcee is, but WebRic was a total tool whose posts of mindless garbage were of great amusement.

I like your honesty but I might stick with this, see how we go.

lol.

Its just not the same.

Lmao, man you crack me up, sometimes I wonder why disagree like we do, you're clearly not a deuchebag lol.

Nah, Im just an a$$hole

Iam fine with that, everyone has one so its only fitting you act like that from time to time lol.

I just think you guys on your islands down in the south are all weirdos. You have weird animals and weird accents and the outback is not somewhere I'd ever want to go although I must admit as a lord of the rings fan I wouldn't mind going to see Middle Earth.

I just think you guys on your islands down in the south are all weirdos. You have weird animals and weird accents and the outback is not somewhere I'd ever want to go although I must admit as a lord of the rings fan I wouldn't mind going to see Middle Earth.

I've got nothing, as iam part pom I can't say anything bad about your place lol.

Ah there's nothing wrong with England at all. Except the chavs, the weather, the greyness of all the cities, the constant sporting underachievement, to name a few.