Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

What's Your Dream Team?

Found this interesting article on Lewis on his "dream team" so let's fantasise about the possibilities. Mine would be:

Drivers: Senna,Schumacher

Car: 1997 Ferrari

And Ross Brawn to head the show. I picked the 97 Ferrari as it would be epic to see both senna and Schumacher driving that weapon, sliding all over the place.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/534954/Hamilton_reveals_his_dream_team/

The only interesting driver showdown of the last decade has been Alonso vs Hamilton in 07 but it was brutally twisted and spoiled.

If one is kind to Hamilton, that showdown is still the only one that matters.

Perhaps in a few years we will get extraordinary drivers again...

For the time being, Ferrari could team up Vettel with Ricciardo or Hamilton just for laughs.

My dream team

Drivers: Taki Inoue, and Jean Denis Deletraz

Car: 1997 Lola T97/30

And the team boss to be Andrea Sassetti, the man who ran the very successful Andrea Moda team from 1992

That's my dream team :-) enjoy

My dream team

Drivers: Taki Inoue, and Jean Denis Deletraz

Car: 1997 Lola T97/30

And the team boss to be Andrea Sassetti, the man who ran the very successful Andrea Moda team from 1992

That's my dream team :-) enjoy

Lol if where being like that then I'll go

Drivers: Chanoch Nissany,Giovani Levaggi

Car: 2011 HRT

And the man running the show would be Cosmo Kramer, lmao

Giovanni Lavaggi or Johnny Carwash was a cult hero back in Italy

Gaston Mazzacane's last name literally translates to "Kill the dog".

Mine:

Michael Schumacher / Ayrton Senna, Luca Badoer as my test driver.

Car: Ferrari 412 T2, it was the last of the V12 Ferrari's, and a far better car than its results showed.

A team of my favorites...

Race drivers: Take your pick of my honest, serious favorites -- Scott Speed, Tiago Monteiro, Christijan Albers, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Marc Gené, Giedo van der Garde, Jean-Éric Vergne, Charles Pic, Takuma Sato, Romain Grosjean, Pastor Maldonado, Sébastien Bourdais, Jacques Villeneuve, and, ah, well, yeah, Felipe Massa. If we can add those who never raced F1 to it, we'd be here all day, so I stopped myself short of a Jimmie Johnson/Kyle Busch F1 pairing. But in that same style of thought, how cool would Sébastien Loeb/Valentino Rossi at Toro Rosso have been in the roaring oughts? And then I'd have to admit my favorite rallyist is Travis Pastrana and my favorite rider is Dani Pedrosa, so I better not go down that horrid, horrid road.

Reserve: Robert Wickens -- a driver who is only good in the wet, but sure is polite and charming.

Test: Here, I place some of my favorites who have no business in F1: Bobby Santos, Simona de Silvestro, Dane Cameron, Hideki Mutoh, Vítor Meira, Michel Jourdain Jr., Dany Suárez, Bobby Labonte, and Felipe Giaffone. They'll all get to drive an F1 car in some session somewhere. And then you'll say, "you know, even at 40 years old and racing big rigs in Brazil, Giaffone's probably better than all the guys I listed for race driver options." And you'd be right.

TP: Two-ply minimum, always (the joke, you see, is that Team Principal and Toilet Paper happen to...oh, never mind)

Team Principal: Martin Whitmarsh, if only to get social media buzz. Hiring Whitmarsh would make us an instantaneous meme among British fans. Good for our sponsors. Or lack thereof when you see below that I chose a car covered in blue and green algae.

Vehicle: The Renault R25 and McLaren MP4-23 are pretty special, and the Red Bull RB3/Toro Rosso STR02 is about the nicest looking thing there was, but I unapologetically choose the Honda RA107 out of a love for 1) the livery, 2) Honda's various racing programs, and 3) the time the Hondas were the only on-track action at Indianapolis in 2007 after Hamilton had firmly established himself ahead of Alonso (a decent race, in hindsight...the kind I'd love to see today).

...and a team of the best...

Race drivers, in their primes: Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel.

Reserve: Kamui Kobayashi sure made an impact as a reserve at Toyota.

Test: Pedro de la Rosa...while Kimi and Juan Pablo don't know what a photocopier is (the old guard will remember), Ole Pedro sure does, and he's happy to help Fernando and Mike photocopy a 2007-spec rear wing (the old guard will remember) off a Ferrari. What more could you want?

Team Principal: Bernie Ecclestone. Wouldn't you think a team led by Bernie Ecclestone would do pretty well in a series run by Bernie Ecclestone? I do.

Vehicle: The Force India VJM01. This is about livery, right?

Mazzzacane's name, yes actually I remember reading that on the F1 rejects website

Oh, here I go, posting some big long post no one reads and then having the audacity to reply twice in a row.

But you know that "cane" is dog and Massa is very near to Mazza and my username Massa has a dog right under it and now you've figured out that all along I've been paying tribute to Gastón.

Race drivers: Take your pick of my honest, serious favorites -- Scott Speed, Tiago Monteiro, Christijan Albers, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Marc Gené, Giedo van der Garde, Jean-Éric Vergne, Charles Pic, Takuma Sato, Romain Grosjean, Pastor Maldonado, Sébastien Bourdais, Jacques Villeneuve, and, ah, well, yeah, Felipe Massa. If we can add those who never raced F1 to it, we'd be here all day, so I stopped myself short of a Jimmie Johnson/Kyle Busch F1 pairing. But in that same style of thought, how cool would Sébastien Loeb/Valentino Rossi at Toro Rosso have been in the roaring oughts? And then I'd have to admit my favorite rallyist is Travis Pastrana and my favorite rider is Dani Pedrosa, so I better not go down that horrid, horrid road.

Reserve: Robert Wickens -- a driver who is only good in the wet, but sure is polite and charming.

Test: Here, I place some of my favorites who have no business in F1: Bobby Santos, Simona de Silvestro, Dane Cameron, Hideki Mutoh, Vítor Meira, Michel Jourdain Jr., Dany Suárez, Bobby Labonte, and Felipe Giaffone. They'll all get to drive an F1 car in some session somewhere. And then you'll say, "you know, even at 40 years old and racing big rigs in Brazil, Giaffone's probably better than all the guys I listed for race driver options." And you'd be right.

TP: Two-ply minimum, always (the joke, you see, is that Team Principal and Toilet Paper happen to...oh, never mind)

Team Principal: Martin Whitmarsh, if only to get social media buzz. Hiring Whitmarsh would make us an instantaneous meme among British fans. Good for our sponsors. Or lack thereof when you see below that I chose a car covered in blue and green algae.

Vehicle: The Renault R25 and McLaren MP4-23 are pretty special, and the Red Bull RB3/Toro Rosso STR02 is about the nicest looking thing there was, but I unapologetically choose the Honda RA107 out of a love for 1) the livery, 2) Honda's various racing programs, and 3) the time the Hondas were the only on-track action at Indianapolis in 2007 after Hamilton had firmly established himself ahead of Alonso (a decent race, in hindsight...the kind I'd love to see today).

Test: Pedro de la Rosa...while Kimi and Juan Pablo don't know what a photocopier is (the old guard will remember), Ole Pedro sure does, and he's happy to help Fernando and Mike photocopy a 2007-spec rear wing (the old guard will remember) off a Ferrari. What more could you want?

Team Principal: Bernie Ecclestone. Wouldn't you think a team led by Bernie Ecclestone would do pretty well in a series run by Bernie Ecclestone? I do.

Pastrana is the same as block, although good, put them in an actual wrc competition with the best rally drivers around the world and they won't even crack the top 10. Ken block proved that a few times.

Vitantonio Liuzzi...and then I stopped reading. EVERYBODY would want VL. While people still babble about Ayrton this and Senna that (and let's be frank here, everybody rooted for Senna because the other option was Prost, a guy that can spoil milk just by staring at it) VL has managed to jump from being on a beach in Miami to jumping into a Formula E car that he never drove before. And still coming out in front of Trulli. And let's not forget that Trulli is the driver that was kicked out by Flabby Flav because he was so much better than Nando and would make him look bad, as he proved during the rest of his illustrious motorsport career.

I don't even know who these are. You probably picked these names randomly from a phonebook.

Har, har, har! I don't get it.

Not bad. But I would choose a Whitmarsh/Briatore combo. Just to watch Briatore making jokes that Whitmarsh won't get. Like "Our TP should be two-ply, minimum! Capisce, bambino Whitmarsho? Har, har, har!)

I see....No. You won't get VL in one of those. Just no.

Oh puhleeze!!! And no Fernando??? That's what you came back for? Begone!!!

Oh, I got those! I am old guard yayyy!

No, I win!

(The old guard will remember)

man you would give me a rim job if I let you hey? Your obsession is starting to freak me out.

Man give up on kimi, if he was in a minardi he would get outpaced by Ukyo Katayama.

Pastrana is the same as block, although good, put them in an actual wrc competition with the best rally drivers around the world and they won't even crack the top 10. Ken block proved that a few times.

So...that makes Pastrana and Block every bit the equal of Kimi Räikkönen then? :)

Vitantonio Liuzzi...and then I stopped reading. EVERYBODY would want VL. While people still babble about Ayrton this and Senna that (and let's be frank here, everybody rooted for Senna because the other option was Prost, a guy that can spoil milk just by staring at it) VL has managed to jump from being on a beach in Miami to jumping into a Formula E car that he never drove before. And still coming out in front of Trulli. And let's not forget that Trulli is the driver that was kicked out by Flabby Flav because he was so much better than Nando and would make him look bad, as he proved during the rest of his illustrious motorsport career.

I don't even know who these are. You probably picked these names randomly from a phonebook.

Har, har, har! I don't get it.

Not bad. But I would choose a Whitmarsh/Briatore combo. Just to watch Briatore making jokes that Whitmarsh won't get. Like "Our TP should be two-ply, minimum! Capisce, bambino Whitmarsho? Har, har, har!)

I see....No. You won't get VL in one of those. Just no.

Oh puhleeze!!! And no Fernando??? That's what you came back for? Begone!!!

Oh, I got those! I am old guard yayyy!

No, I win!

(The old guard will remember)

+1 agree

And, yes, I did use a phonebook. Same one Massa sits on to drive our RA107 so he can see over the steering wheel. Of course, then he can't reach the pedals, but we don't really want him to reach the pedals, either, because he's not much good at operating them.

What a disaster. More TP needed.

Blaspheemer! Thou shall never address Kimi and Minardi in the same sentence.

Lol Iam only stirring.

So...that makes Pastrana and Block every bit the equal of Kimi Räikkönen then? :)

Yep just about but you don't see pastrana or block hit the same tree two years in a row and say it's a throttle problem lmao.

Gymkhana is legendary. Block and Pastrana are both legends. It goesn't matter as much if they didn't do so well in WRC, they are still incredibly talented drivers.

So...that makes Pastrana and Block every bit the equal of Kimi Räikkönen then? smile.png

+1 agree

And, yes, I did use a phonebook. Same one Massa sits on to drive our RA107 so he can see over the steering wheel. Of course, then he can't reach the pedals, but we don't really want him to reach the pedals, either, because he's not much good at operating them.

What a disaster. More TP needed.

Yeah, you can have Ant Davidson for the pedals. And I bet tehre's still enough room to squeeze in Cristiano da Matta, for ballast and fist waving to other drivers.

Gymkhana is legendary. Block and Pastrana are both legends. It goesn't matter as much if they didn't do so well in WRC, they are still incredibly talented drivers.

Ohh most defiantly. What they can do behind the wheel is amazing but the point I was making is yeah there good at what they do but that's it. In terms of actual rally competition on the world stage, there mediocre, glock seems to do well in the rally cross but again the calibre of drivers there aren't at the current wrc level. If where talking about drivers like this then one that springs to mind might shock many but it's Piquet Jr. He has shown to be reasonably quick in god knows how many different styles of motorsports. He raced half decently in F1, raced in NASCAR, formula e champion, 4th in last seasons global rally cross not to mention Le Mans, a1 GP, Indy lights. Man guy is seriously under rated.

He also pushed Hamilton all the way for the GP2 title. I don't think his F1 stint was really representative, given he was team-mate to He Who Must Have Everything