Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Haas Confirm Grosjean.

One can only assume that he's happy to spend a season fighting with the Manors with the hope that he'll be in pole position (excuse the pun) for a 2017 Ferrari seat

All I always think about when it comes to the second seat is what might have been with Jules Bianchi.

Or that Polish driver who may or may not have had a shot. That's life I guess.

Good move by GRO. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he's stuck in there and become a better driver than he used to be. But he's not exactly smashing MAL is he. That means then that possibly, I can't believe I'm saying this, MAL isn't as bad as we make him out to be, or GRO is middle of the pack and will remain there for his career. I don't see him going to Ferrari. Gutiérrez will get the nod before he does.

IMO Grosjean has totally dominated Maldonado, Lotus effectively only has 1 driver. Bar the last race of course, but the fact that we were all a little surprised that Pastor had a solid race says it all really.

Exactly, he has scored like 95% of there points. Another overlooked driver IMO.

Oh really? GRO has done that well then. Well humble pie eating for me then. I honestly have not paid any attention to anything Lotus have done this year. But I have remembered quite a few races where the two Lotus driver are next to each other. That was the sold basis on my clearly expert commentary on the matter lol

He has 44 points compared to maldonados 16 and is a ahead of hulkenberg and Perez with a podium at spa to add to the list. Very solid year for Grosjean given what he has. Iam very impressed.

And moreover he doesnt take part in most of the first practices but still comes and beats maldo in quakifying. I would say grosjean has had a very good year.

And moreover he doesnt take part in most of the first practices but still comes and beats maldo in quakifying. I would say grosjean has had a very good year.

Yeah good point, he has had had to give up his seat for jolyon palmer a few times instead of taking pay driver marinaras and still out drives him over the weekend.

Interesting. So MAL really does suck then. Good to see the universe has reached balance again.

Lol if you put them both in the same overalls and and same helmets and had them both on track you wouldn't able to tell who's Maldonado or Taki inoue.

Palmer deserves a drive, but probably wont get it because Palmer-Maldonado will be the weakest line-up on the grid whereas Grosjean-Palmer would've been a good balance. Probably another year on the sidelines for Jolyon. And what of VanDoorne? I reckon he'll be McLaren reserve driver, with Magnussen getting tossed in the trash.

Palmer does deserve a shot from what I've been reading on him but he isn't as good as Grosjean. Better than pastor but not Grosjean. As for Magnussen, Mclaren has already missed the cut of date to renew Magnussen for 2016. They apparently had a 2016 option to activate with his current contract and the refused so I think kevin said he will have a crack at indycar if no f1 seat.

Vandoorne, I think he will turn into another Gary Paffett.

I bet K'Mag is going bananas right about now. Based purely on my superior speculative intellect, I had a feeling he might have been asked to sit out this year to keep Button in the team with a "promise" the seat would be his in the next couple of years. Turns out McLaren opted to run out his contract and let him go on a free. I guess nice guys just don't belong in this sport anymore.

But McLaren have Vandorne to find a seat for as well. Sometimes having too much talent means just like RBR many drivers better than 1/3 to 1/2 of the grid never get a proper go, or don't get a go at all.

Your exactly right mate, no matter what aspect of life or career choice. "Nice guys never win" that's why drivers like coulthard,Herbert,webber, never made that last step of being champion, there to nice, not ruthless enough. Every successful driver in formula one has had a streak of selfishness, that's the only way to win.

Grosjean beat Maldonado. So what? Hardly a feather in anyone's cap. Most of the time you just need to finish the race to beat Maldonado. And now GRO shafted himself by signing with backmarkers Haas before Renault stepped in. What a muppet. He's a little girl that bloke.

Haas are starting to come of like another struggling small team. They bragged about how they will easily make the grid with the car quite well developed. Now with this mock up 21 race calendar the fia has released for next season, sees the Australian GP start 2 weeks earlier i believe and now haas are sweating bullets saying they will struggling to make it in time. Classic mouthing off by a small team, that's there excuse now if they fall on ther faces.

The situation with Lotus, "Lotus" and Renault is beyond ridiculous. If this is the mess and length of time taken to decide if they are actually going to buyout the team, a team that is one of the doggiest in terms of who is running it, GRO made the right choice in leaving. Even if Renault come in, complete the buyout, the fact it's taken so long, and become so utterly complicated, when in reality it's not that hard for a big company like Renault who have plenty of finance behind them, only shows how bad the situation is. We know they are shambles when it comes to their engine, having not spent a single token. So this procastination and constant delay of, will they, or won't they buyout the team must be a total mind F for the drivers. MAL doesn't give a toss, because he's got very little options for a seat in F1, even with his huge sponsorship drug money backing. But GRO had options, and he's come out and said flat out, if Renault had got their sh*t together and completed the buyout, he would have loved to have stayed.

But how long could GRO wait? He could have been waiting for nothing. The buyout still hasn't happened. He actually made sense in the part where he said that by signing with Haas, he's one step closer to getting a seat at Ferrari. Whilst I think that will never happen, I have to give him credit for aiming high. He's said and knows it might not be next year, or the year after, rather just being with Haas means he's closer to Ferrari in a sense. So I hope he goes well more so for making a brave move to an unknown team. JV did this once, and it ended his career sadly. GRO isn't in JV's league though, so the risk is less.

Haas is no dummy. He doesn't have F1 experience, but they probably will be better than Manor at least and who knows, probably better than McLaren. I expect them to be fighting the Saubers pretty much.

I honestly think it all comes down to Renault sorting there crap out and actually start running at the front again. There probably terrified. "Crap we can't make a fast, yet reliable engine, how the fvck we gonna build a whole car" that's the honesty I see in it. Now lotus saying they have a few "tasty" options available to replace Grosjean. I'd like to know who because I can only think of palmer and Vandoorne.

The cars are quite hard to drive, I thought Kimi showed you that? Lmao. Martin brundle drove a force India recently and couldn't believe how difficult they are to drive at the lower rev range, the initial torque is something hard to master apparently.

They are harder in some sense. Alot more fiddling with the steering wheel. But way easier in other aspects. You used to be a greek God to be able to take Eau Rouge flat out. Now you can be a young euro prince pounce and do it with one hand whilst taking a selfie.

F1 is no longer biblical. The noise, the fear when driving the cars isn't there. I'm not talking about safety, rather they are just too point and squirt. Yes Kimi had problems with torque or whatever software gremlins was happening to him, but that's nothing compared to when the cars were so brutal, when they went to Turkey for instance, being that it was an anti-clockwise circuit, the drivers used to virtually pull their neck muscles because of it. Just look at old pics of F1 drivers, like DC and so on. They had very thick neck muscles. Now skinny jean wearing little dweebs are pulling it off. They are not fitter, rather the cars are just so much easier to drive with less lateral G's being pulled.

I so much want the biblical back in this sport.

Yeah in that respect, your absolutely spot on mate. I used to love watching them taking that turn 8 at Turkey but I was more in awe over the tyres. Yeah I know aero had a huge effect towards the grip but I couldn't believe that the tyres had the grip they did and it showed you through that turn 8 at Turkey. Mesmerising.