Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Is There Any Data About Team Budgets?

Is there any data anywhere that points to how much budgets have reduced since the new bs regulations came in to restrict testing and development?

I would bet that they haven't reduced team expenditure one cent. Would like to see the data.

1. Red Bull Racing (€266m + €35.7m + €167m) = €468.7m

2. Mercedes (€122m + €212.4m + €133m) = €467.4m

3. McLaren Honda (€144.5m + €216.5m + €104m) = €465m

4. Ferrari (€208.5m + €34.5m + €175m) = €418m

5. Williams (€52.5m + €22.9m + €111m) = €186.4m

6. Lotus (€69.5m + €13.6m + €56m) = €139.1m

7. Toro Rosso (€68m + €9.45m + €60m) = €137.45m

8. Force India (€49.5m + €12.2m + €68m) = €129.7m

9. Sauber (€44m + €9.25m + €50m) = €103.25m

10. Manor (€0.5m + €32.5m + €50m) = €83m

https://infogr.am/team-f1-2014-budget-and-employees

Need older data

I'd love to see that comparison. Adjusted for inflation of course, but I have no doubt the years where testing and development wasn't banned were still cheaper.

Make an engine, it lasts a race and goes boom. No big deal. Rebuild it, refine it, carry on. They have to make 4 power units a year now. They have to spend so much money to make sure it all lasts. More money than say just replacing the whole thing like in the past.

Cost cutting has NEVER worked. It will NEVER work. Yet the fools will continue on this path until the drivers are forced to wear one pair of underpants, one race suit, and one drink bottle for an entire season. And no, you can't refill the bottle!

oh dear look how much McLaren are spending! Incredible that Manor are even able to show up with 2 cars given their budget.

I'd bet expenditure has not only NOT reduced, but has even increased.

Off course it wouldn't and now for next year they want to add an additional exhaust just for waste gate gas only as they think it will add more sound. This is the problem, they go ahead and make stupid decisions like this that will only cost more money when simply then only have to allow them to run at full rpm. That's the sound, fvcking clowns.

It also needs to be of the right sound. Even a soft vuvuzela is still a horrible noise, let alone a loud one. Thus having louder vacuum cleaners and leaf blowers doesn't solve the problem until we get that knarl and screaming banshee sound back.