Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Manor Moving Up The Grid In 2016?

The gap is so big that I don't think it'll move them up the order, BUT it will bring them a lot closer to Sauber & Force India (and dare I say McLaren). Points in 2016 might not be such a miracle, but I still think they'll be on the back row at Melbourne. Lotus switching to Merc helped a little bit, but not a lot.

That would be like putting a V8 on a shopping trolley.

Lmao exactly.

Have your laugh now brad, they'll be back at the front sooner or later. There's probably more wishful thinking there than anything else at this stage lol.

Have your laugh now brad, they'll be back at the front sooner or later. There's probably more wishful thinking there than anything else at this stage lol.

U know Im joking right?

Mclaren surely cant be there forever

Yeah, i know, read my post again. I know Mclaren won't be at the bottom long but the million dollar question is will it happen before alonso's patience runs out.

McLaren need to remove Boullier from the team. Whitmarsh was better than this fool. He did well at Lotus, but I feel that was masked by how great a car Allison designed. Just like McLaren panicking and hiring Perez, that did the same with Boullier.

I can't see Alonso seeing out his contract. If Renault do end up putting Lotus out of their misery, though I'm still not convinced they have the will do actually complete the buyout, there will be an option for Alonso to goto. That is one of the "tasty" options Lotus have mentioned these past few days. Simply put, if Alonso leaves McLaren now, he will be forever exposed as the fraud he truly is. For years I've groaned and suffered through reading the countless nonsense on how Alonso dragged a supposedly dog of a Ferrari car around the track and how he keeps being mentioned as the best driver on the grid. Are we watching the same show? because I can't see it. At one point he was a great driver. But the facts are there to see for everyone. The Ferrari was not a dog of a car. But this lie that the Samurai Emporer through his will alone, I set my mind in motion, somehow achieved these performances in a Super Aguri or Manor, is laughable. Alonso would have had his 3rd Championship if he had simply passed Petrov. A pay driver. I can certainly see that the Ferrari's weren't always as good as the other cars during his Ferrari stint, but at no point where they ever crap. Not like the McLaren he's sitting in. Now that is crap.

But that's what he signed up for. That's what he's being paid for. And Ron said it quite clearly after the race in Suzuka. Alonso is being paid to be a professional. To develop the car, to be able to handle the fact that they are going to fail before they succeed. Whilst Alonso has his freakouts and then comes back to earth somewhat, I sense he just doesn't get it. McLaren would have been better served in retaining K'Mag and Button, and then bringing in Vandoorne in 2016 or 2017.

Can anyone here honestly say that Alonso's input and car development mastery has had any affect? Can he even develop a car? Ferrari seemed relieved he's gone. He won't complete his 3 year tenure at McLaren. By then Boullier might be gone, and who knows possibly Ron. But only a fool would question his ability to run a F1 team. And he's not the TD/TP either, he's the Chairman and CEO. So those people that call for his head aren't even aware he has larger fish to fry. Maybe if he pulled back from the other McLaren facets of his job and spent more time on F1, things would improve quicker, but he has to delegate and Boullier isn't cutting the mustard.

At any rate, it sucks seeing McLaren in this situation, but Alonso is not helping things at all. He's the highest paid driver isn't he, or in the top 2. Yet he carries on like a teenager. Let him leave and go rot at Renault.

Good post but all you have to do is look at the actually performance of last years Ferrari and look at his consistant results compared to Kimi. I know Kimi had a bad year but it goes to show just how hard alonso was driving that car week in and week out. I agree with you monkey, I'd be surprised if he sees out his contract but it won't change my opinion on alonso and what he has achieved, but that's just me.

A differing opinion is that last years Ferrari was a product of 5 years of design for the tastes and likes of one person, Alonso. I would expect nothing less than him doing well in a car that was built from the ground up for one person. Even back in his original Renault days, Alonso had very unique tastes in the car setup.

Kimi didn't have a good year last year. But by Alonso having a better one, of course he's going to drive the crap out of that car, I mean don't all F1 drivers do this? The difference is not how much effort and energy they put into the driving aspect, rather how comfortable they feel in the car to be able to push past that limit their own body tells them is getting into the dangerous territory. Hamilton was voicing his displeasure at being told to push during the last laps at the Italian GP, because I very much suspect it was at the limit he felt safe. That is as much to do with how a car is setup, as it is to do with a driver's skills.

Alonso beating Kimi last year, is as much about how each one felt sitting in the car, as it is about talent and skill. There are valid reasons and opinions for both sides and views on the matter. But my original point is that Alonso has never truly had a bad car until now. The second most likely being during his second stint at Renault. If things don't change, it doesn't matter what he's done in the past. It simply shows 1 of 2 things. His feedback and input to improve the car isn't up to the mark, or his feedback and input are not being taken seriously and thus are not implemented.

Ferrari looks like a better car this year. Allison has said it favours Kimi's style more. Kimi has had better results this year. Connect the dots and how a driver feels in a car, holds as much importance as how daring and risk taking they are to push past the limits of their own safety. Something we often like to label as talent and skill.

Again with alonso? Man, i have to say that you guys are sore that he is getting beaten by alonso then and now by vettel. He has improved this season.???? Oh come on. Just look at the points difference between him and vettel. 218 -119.

Spiral , i dont see any evidence or conflicts. I see that you guys are being ignorant for the fact that alonso is one of the best in f1 and he will be remembered like that.

Yes but sticking religiously to your beliefs when presented conflicting facts and evidence is your strong suit!

Funny coming from someone who souly posts on this aspect.

Again with alonso? Man, i have to say that you guys are sore that he is getting beaten by alonso then and now by vettel. He has improved this season.???? Oh come on. Just look at the points difference between him and vettel. 218 -119.

Spiral , i dont see any evidence or conflicts. I see that you guys are being ignorant for the fact that alonso is one of the best in f1 and he will be remembered like that.

I can think of many things he will be remembered for. Spygate, Crashgate, and a 2 time World Champion. One of the best in F1? Based on what? Winning 2x Championships 10 years ago? or for all drama and chaos he's brought to the teams he's driven for. The only way a driver can be considered a great without holding records like the Schu or Senna is if that driver sadly loses his life whilst racing. Then it's easy to hold that person aloft. I don't mean to be cruel in anyway, but it happens to actors/actresses/musicians as well. Suddenly when someone passes before their time, we're all reminded how they were the greatest. But had they lived, they would not have been given those same accolates.

Alonso is a great driver. But not even the stats backup that he is an all time great. I support Kimi. He has one lousy Championship to his name, but even he has a few records that others don't. 2nd on the all time fastest lap list, 3rd on the all time 3rd place list. That doesn't make him a great either, but at least there are a few stats to back up anyone that might make that claim.

Good post man. Agree with most of it, the other is opinion.

And that's why I don't take your posts seriously. Your like a bottle of milk, can turn bad at anytime.

And that's why I don't take your posts seriously. Your like a bottle of milk, can turn bad at anytime.

Milk doesn't go bad at any time. It goes bad dependent on age, temperature, biological and various other factors. Its not like some big mystery "oh when will the milk turn bad!??"

You've never brought milk that was bad even though the date said it was good? Because that's what your doing now lmao. Anyway forget it, let's go back to what the thread is. Apparently Manor also have landed Williams electronics for next season also and many teams think it will bring them up the grid even more so. What's your intelligent take on this?