Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Russian Gp

Pretty good race, good battles towards the middle of the pack. Especially with Perez,Ricciardo,bottas and raikkonen. Wtf was Kimi thinking dive bombing down the inside of bottas? Bit of desperation, he was never going to make that. Feel sorry for Ricciardo and bottas.

If you think that was good and fair, then schumi did nothing wrong in Jerez 97. Kimi had an awesome race up until that point. What was Kimi thinking? A man of his experience would know that bottas is going to have to turn in at some point. Stupid move and then to try get away with saying its a racing incident, bah no way, bottas has the corner and was already turning in. Same happened in Adelaide 94, that's why hill didn't get the title.

Great race by Kimi. Not so great final pass. But having said that, Bottas KNEW he was there. Just like Hulk and Massa a few races back. This naturally could have been avoided, but Bottas should have also have better spacial awareness too. I don't put 100% blame onto the Kimster but figure 70% is certainly a fair amount.

WebRic, What the Schu did to JV and Hill doesn't compare. Those were championship deciding races. Critical moments. Kimi and Bottas where fighting for a podium and nothing more. Secondly, Kimi was guilty of coming into the corner too fast, even if there was a small gap. The Schu purposefully turned in on JV and Hill. Those incidents are unique and right up there with the Senna vs Prost ones.

Sad for Nico. But what can you expect from his team. I know they aren't messing with his car, but it sure feels like they aren't supporting him too much. We'll never know if he could have gone onto win, or would have been passed by Glamilton™.

Highlight of the race was seeing Emporer Alonso'san wearing his best Karate Kid headband, and clearly forcing his entire crew to suffer through wearing them as well. Wax on, wax off.

Booooring. I regret not watching something else like MotoGP or going out to watch The Martian. Stale, tired, unexciting and processional. It's too tempting now to simlpy give in to the dark side and say F'it and stop watching this rerun alltogether.

I thought it was a strong showing by Kimi but even a move like that doesn't work on gran turismo let alone real life. I think Kimi thought there was more space than there actually was and why does bottas need "spacial" awareness? Kimi was no where near him when he started turning in. It ruined what I thought was a race Kimi really did well, if he wasn't trapped behind cars earlier on, he had the pace to stay with Seb all race.

As for Adelaide 94, that was all hill IMO, he was going for a gap that wasn't there also, what he expect? Schumi wasn't going to turn in? He also went half of the circuit to try pass Schumi down the inside also.

well I am always GLAD that I record the F1 races. THEN i can just fast forward all the boring Sh#t, read like most of it, sure beats watching some 2 hours of BOREDOM.

It was a good race mate, the battles mid pack were good to watch, I just think people don't know what they want anymore.

Took Kimi and bottas a while to get past Ricciardo with Drs didn't it? How long has Drs been around for now? And your still here complaining about it, if you stuck by your word, you would have stopped watching a couple years ago. It's the same old argument with everyone, hate the Drs or ers. I for one don't like them either but it's this era of f1, doesn't mean we can't and won't have good races with Drs. It's never really been an issue, it's only been highlighted as extra ammunition in the "I hate turbo" era. We had quite a few good seasons with Drs, wasn't it a few years ago everyone was carrying on about how good the season was with 7 different winners in as any races? People would be complaining more without Drs IMO, Mercedes would even be harder to catch, even for Ferrari.

Yeah I know, but for now there's nothing that can be done so might as well enjoy what we can, there has been some epic battles mid field but people are to focused on merc and Ferrari and complaining about the sport. We have to make do with what we have ATM IMO.

Took Kimi and bottas a while to get past Ricciardo with Drs didn't it? How long has Drs been around for now? And your still here complaining about it, if you stuck by your word, you would have stopped watching a couple years ago. It's the same old argument with everyone, hate the Drs or ers. I for one don't like them either but it's this era of f1, doesn't mean we can't and won't have good races with Drs. It's never really been an issue, it's only been highlighted as extra ammunition in the "I hate turbo" era. We had quite a few good seasons with Drs, wasn't it a few years ago everyone was carrying on about how good the season was with 7 different winners in as any races? People would be complaining more without Drs IMO, Mercedes would even be harder to catch, even for Ferrari.

Hmm actually I said when Kimi stops, I will stop.

This coming from someone who cant even watch it.

Wtf? Man your a tool. It's people like you that cause all these right protection issues online, millions of people with the same attitude as you ruin it for everyone who does the right thing.

You wish I was a muppet, just so you could put your hand up my a$$ hey? Your a sicko mate, you related to Dennis Fergusson by any chance?

Highlight of the race was seeing Emporer Alonso'san wearing his best Karate Kid headband, and clearly forcing his entire crew to suffer through wearing them as well. Wax on, wax off.

laugh.pnglaugh.png eish the emperor and his ways

Webric my mate, if you're unhappy with the Kimi move, Ric did exactly the same to him i Monaco, and got away with it!!!!!

Racing incident in my book!!!

Don't pluck arrivebene quotes out mate, it's hardly the same, dan didn't dive bomb from five car lengths back and end kimis race did he?

9v8lmo.jpg

Lol, not even close. What ever happened to admitting a mistake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDLpyZ1MjxU&feature=youtu.be

quite fair if u ask me from that angle

Better from this angle, tells the whole story and how others don't call fair when they see it. C'mon guys you do know how the sport works don't you?

I never get anything for complimenting Kimi do I, least I do, you guys are to arrogant to see past your own noses.

Don't pluck arrivebene quotes out mate, it's hardly the same, dan didn't dive bomb from five car lengths back and end kimis race did he?

9v8lmo.jpg

Lol, not even close. What ever happened to admitting a mistake?

It concerns me HIGHLY that Bottas did'nt know he was there.......HIGHLY. There's something wrong with that dude as a racing driver if he did'nt know Kimi was there on the inside when he left open the door....

Now does this picture I attached look familiar....anyone??

post-1015-0-30672300-1444739628_thumb.jp

Also Webric,

Please don't compliment Kimi for the sake of complimenting to get into Kimi fans good book and get something from us in return...tongue.png We ok if you think Sh#t of him or not. You can't like every driver we understand

Left the door open, he was like 5 bloody car lengths back, dan wasn't and it was Monaco a totally different track, there running a lot closer as its a tighter circuit (didn't think I would have to say that as its obvious but anyway) therefore it's a lot easier to misjudge and Kimi didn't go spearing if into the barrier either. If what bottas did was leaving the door open then how far back does the driver behind have to be to determine a "divebomb" move, 10 car lengths back, heck might aswell take every corner wide in case someone from 4 corners back tries to overtake. You know what, I thought this would be the time to see if Kimi fans would actually admit it was a stupid move and to my shock horror, very few have, yet anyone with a tiny bit of experience about f1 or racing in general, knows he just got desperate and made a stupid move, to expect bottas wasn't going to turn in is a joke, or should've he run wide of the circuit to allow Kimi through? Give me a break. I even said he had a brilliant race and if he wasn't held up earlier in in the race, he could have kept up with Seb. People don't see I tell it how it is and play it from both sides, they just want to remember what suits them. Iam in shock I really am, he got what he deserved, a penalty. And besides if you look closely at your pic you posted to mine, Ricciardo is a lot further up the inside of Kimi, than Kimi was to bottas, the rule stipulates, if the front wing of the car behind is past the rear of the car in front, it's deemed an overtaking attempt therefor room has to be left and that's why dan got no penalty. See it's just common sense if you don't have a biased approach.

Also Webric,

Please don't compliment Kimi for the sake of complimenting to get into Kimi fans good book and get something from us in return...tongue.png We ok if you think Sh#t of him or not. You can't like every driver we understand

It's got nothing to do with that as I could give a rats a$$ what Kimi fans think, it just mind boggles me how some people can be so blind and biased, yet claim they know what there talking about, it's freaking hilarious it's like they have split personalities from a brainwashed cult.

I k

It concerns me HIGHLY that Bottas did'nt know he was there.......HIGHLY. There's something wrong with that dude as a racing driver if he did'nt know Kimi was there on the inside when he left open the door....

Now does this picture I attached look familiar....anyone??

Yeah I mentioned that too. Bottas KNEW he was there. Just as Hulk admitted after the fact he knew Massa was there a few races back when he turned in on him.

I know Bottas doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, but Kimi was hounding him for a few laps. He knew he was there.

Good comparison I think with Ricci in Monaco. But the best thing is that Arrivabene seems happy and said he felt it was a racing incident. Happy days finally. He backed up his driver for once!