Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Hamilton - Classic Primadona

Lol doesn't want to drive now the title is already wrapped up? I don't think anyone will top the commitment from Mark Webber in Fuji 2007. Sick as a dog and still raced, even threw up in his helmet and kept driving.

Here's a clip of webbers best radio comments and some are quite surprising lol.

excellent audio there as only an Aussie can do it.

Loved it when the Williams let go in Monaco " NO FVCKING THROTTLE" lmao.

He's not sick, he was in a motor accident in Monaco on Monday. Maybe he's OCD and won't leave town until its fixed, or he hit someone and thus couldn't leave the country until various legal issues were sorted.

At any rate, NOTHING this idiot does, when he's in trouble, makes things better. He seems to have a habit of not telling the truth.

This is another example of WAY over the top harshness on Lewis from the most simple of things. First of all he hasn't said he isn't going to race, he's stated today that he is, and can't wait for the GP. He's the most 'racery' driver out there, can you really imagine him not being up for a race? There is nothing prima dona here at all. He flew out a day late because of a road accident, and as usual the press (and gptoday forum) uses any excuse to go to town on him.

This is another example of WAY over the top harshness on Lewis from the most simple of things. First of all he hasn't said he isn't going to race, he's stated today that he is, and can't wait for the GP. He's the most 'racery' driver out there, can you really imagine him not being up for a race? There is nothing prima dona here at all. He flew out a day late because of a road accident, and as usual the press (and gptoday forum) uses any excuse to go to town on him.

Absolutely. He always wanted to race. Even in the conditions when other drivers dare to race he has said lets race.

Yeah I do agree with that as I have also heard him always say lets race. He is world champion and unless he is Squeeky clean so to speak, everything will get blown out of proportion. But he also asks for it also, why post what your doing on social media for a start. Who gives a fvck? I don't, that's why I don't read social media. Look at Vettel for example, he has kept his private life away from racing, we hardly know anything about Seb away from f1 and that alone makes Seb look a hell of a lot more "professional" as we all know it's all about appearance, you only have to look at Lewis's hair for that lol. But seriously, that's what his downfall is. If he wasn't Lewis Hamilton, would we care what he does, no? So IMO with all the money and toys he has, he is still bored and is able to find time to post crap. He needs to be more professional of the circuit IMO and it will gain a lot more respect.

But what's he done this year off the circuit that's unprofessional? He certainly shares his off-track life with his fans A LOT on social media, some of it a bit weird (like him dancing in a Barbados carnival) but nothing wrong with that, and I wish more f1 drivers would show their human side like he does. We should be grateful for it!

P.S. regarding Vettel, you HAVE to google 'vettel trolling mercedes' & watch the vid, it's a compilation of Seb basically making jokes at the merc drivers' expense throughout 2015 and I have to say it's really endeared me to him, it's a shame most of it doesn't happen on TV.

You guys know Vettel has been a lifelong fan of Monty Python and other great British comedy. He's not your normal regular staid, stuffy German, he's a hoot. He's got a wicked sense of humour and yes I've seen him trolling the Merc guys in the after race interviews this year lol. I'll have to checkout the video to see the rest. It's quite funny because Nico and Hamilton just seem so tense all the time and here's Vettel having a go, trying to muck about in a nice sort of way haha.

What happens before a F1 race and after it is hardly ever seen by most fans. I think honsestly the F1 coverage, the whole format needs shaking up. It's so stiff and regulated. Drivers can't even celebrate and soak in a win anymore. They are rushed to final weigh ins, have like 30 seconds to towel off before being pushed onto the podium. Then endure quite often a stupid Q&A session with a celebrity or ex F1 driver. And we get the press interviews which are so freaking boring.

Maybe if we're lucky we get a few voice only interview type things with the guys who have crashed out of the race. It's normally Button lol. Kimi doesn't seem to be a fan. But that's ok, he's Kimi. Alonso sometimes after he's finished totally trashing the team trailer.

At any rate, it's so processional and at no point do you really feel like you're enjoying the moment, rather being pushed and shoved through a list that needs ticking off, and quickly, because the broadcast is ending....

But what's he done this year off the circuit that's unprofessional? He certainly shares his off-track life with his fans A LOT on social media, some of it a bit weird (like him dancing in a Barbados carnival) but nothing wrong with that, and I wish more f1 drivers would show their human side like he does. We should be grateful for it!

P.S. regarding Vettel, you HAVE to google 'vettel trolling mercedes' & watch the vid, it's a compilation of Seb basically making jokes at the merc drivers' expense throughout 2015 and I have to say it's really endeared me to him, it's a shame most of it doesn't happen on TV.

IMO, that's what I hate, who really cares what he does away from the circuit? It's only his status that makes people follow him. If he wasn't famous, who would care what he does. I should sign up to Facebook and post my every move. " this morning I had a really good sh17, better out than in"

I can't really relate to your view - I mean, 90% of big-name sports stars, singers, actors etc have active social media accounts. The amount of people following Cristiano Ronaldo is just outrageous. I follow Button on facebook and he posts a lot of pics of what he's doing; obviously it's a lot different to the stuff Hamilton does, but that doesn't mean 1 is right and the other is wrong.

Plus I've said a lot before, why do you not like that for once an f1 driver is showing he has some sort of personality? F1 is always too 'closed' from the public and social media is one of the few ways that the fans can be let in.

Because I only care about racing, I honestly couldn't care who it is, what driver, I just want to watch racing. I don't want to know what he is eating or what he doing or whatever. Just seems he is trying to take control of f1 and even button thinks so aswell. There is obviously a certain "code of conduct" that they have to follow and Lewis has overstepped it. I just feel with so many people wanting to do the job they do, if you get a seat in f1, you should be fully focused on what your doing, not have time to post pics topless at a carnival after problem slamming down God knows what. That's how I feel, but it's just me, if your not ready to sacrifice everything to be a driver then you shouldn't be one. But each to there own, iam not on Facebook,Twitter,Instagram or anything, just don't see the point. I honestly don't care if he has a page dedicated to race results and such, but to post just everyday stuff is just stupid IMO.

I can't really relate to your view - I mean, 90% of big-name sports stars, singers, actors etc have active social media accounts. The amount of people following Cristiano Ronaldo is just outrageous. I follow Button on facebook and he posts a lot of pics of what he's doing; obviously it's a lot different to the stuff Hamilton does, but that doesn't mean 1 is right and the other is wrong.

Plus I've said a lot before, why do you not like that for once an f1 driver is showing he has some sort of personality? F1 is always too 'closed' from the public and social media is one of the few ways that the fans can be let in.

hey, from your man hey

But Hamilton’s former McLaren teammate Jenson Button warned: “He’s pretty quickly becoming arrogant.”

Bild newspaper said Button was referring to the fact that Hamilton reportedly claimed he is “complete” as a driver, only failing to win races when he makes mistakes.

“None of us is complete,” Button insisted. “If we had his car, we could beat him.

“He is very talented and doing a great job, but he also has weaknesses,” the 2009 world champion said.

In my view he was always a little arrogant, it's just coming to the fore more now that he wrapped up his 2nd and 3rd titles...

Bar the things he said about Vettel when he was winning, very childish remarks from Glamilton and the emperor those days...

True but those things are unrelated to the social media argument. all the drivers have lives away from the circuit, but Lewis chooses to publicise his a lot more than the others. I wouldn't say that doesn't mean he's focused. All the drivers will be 'relaxing' in their own ways. And lets face it, however Lewis lives his life is obviously working because he's calmer and happier than ever, and thrashing everyone else - so why change!

True but those things are unrelated to the social media argument. all the drivers have lives away from the circuit, but Lewis chooses to publicise his a lot more than the others. I wouldn't say that doesn't mean he's focused. All the drivers will be 'relaxing' in their own ways. And lets face it, however Lewis lives his life is obviously working because he's calmer and happier than ever, and thrashing everyone else - so why change!

yeah, I suppose he's done HIS job. He's beaten his teammate and won the WDC. But he just need to stay humble, in my view...

and distractions aint good in any profession

If I was a driver I would use any spare time I have to improve, weather it be looking over data or practicing steering techniques at home or training, that would be from sun up to sun down. The second you feel you don't want to do it anymore or wish you could do this or that, is when it's time to stop. But this is just my opinion. As I know from my karting days that if my mind isn't on the job even in that category, you might miss something and that could mean the difference to winning or not. That's just me but, I needed all thoughts to leave my head and focus souly on the job at hand other wise I would find myself on a "Sunday drive" out there. You also need that mentality that your the fastest out there plain and simple.

Every single day of the year? Sportsmen are human they have to relax and be totally away from their profession sometimes, in order to be 100% when they are competing, is my view

Michael Jordan is a classic example, he was so bloody good and miles ahead of the rest simply because he put in the work when others didn't want to and yes "every day" of the year. He also had a contract from the Chicago Bulls stating he wasn't allowed to do any activities or play other sports in leasure time as it may injure him. He had to fight tooth and nail just to be allowed to play a round of golf and include that into his daily fitness regime. I use Michael Jordan a fair bit when comparing thins because IMO, he was the ultimate athlete, everything he did was "textbook" for his sport and it showed. He was just on another level compared to other players and still to this day, no one even comes close to his complete dominant playing style. F1 doesn't have this professionalism anymore and I honestly feel Lewis is mostly responsible for that. Other drivers like Vettel, alonso or button for example are the closest. You only here about them at the track and it makes them look a lot more professional and committed to the sport. I know Lewis says that's not the case but Lewis has to look at from another angle instead of just defending himself all the time.

Bah what would jenson know? He only spent three seasons working side by side with Lewis. That's not enough to make a judgement of character. Now people on this forum can, they know more. Lmao.

Bah what would jenson know? He only spent three seasons working side by side with Lewis. That's not enough to make a judgement of character. Now people on this forum can, they know more. Lmao.

loljump.giflolroll.gifsurrender.gif

Iam waiting for Lewis to come out and say "where's the black guy" even though he is half cast.