Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Where Is Everyone Posting?

There doesnt seem to be a thread on the race on the weekend (which I heard did go ahead so assuming it happened).

I also read Hamilton say he couldnt pass and that the finish order was the same as the start order for the top 5.

Therefore, Im not watching it.

It sounds boring as fvck.

Yeah Hamilton whinging his tyres were distorted because of the pace rosberg was running. Well if it distroyed his tyres to follow, why not distroy them atleast attempting a pass. That's because Lewis couldn't get close enough, rosberg just to fast and had beaten Lewis 3 races in a row now.

yea on the podium interview he said you cant pass on this track, but that's bull cos if you're in the DRS zone before the final turn then you'll get them into turn 1, but Lewis couldn't get within a second of nico. But yea, it was a pretty boring race. At least Button beat Alonso again lol. Oh and that sunbathing moment, highlight of the weekend!

At least 1 positive to take away from this last month or so is that Nico is finally giving us hope that 2016 will give us a much better title fight than 2015 was

I think 2016 will be abit of a shakeup anyway. Expect Ferrari to be very strong and even redbull and Mclaren up there IMO.

I can't believe I even attempted to watch this race. I had to watch the race on delay, but ended up just fast forwarding it all the way to the end from about lap 30. Vettel did great and Kimi did well too. He wasn't that far behind Vettel which is the pleasing thing.

Hamilton was the suck. He's had a go at Nico in the past because Nico called him out on his backing him into other drivers to ruin his tyres.... and there's this same hypocrite crying on the radio saying he can't follow because his tyres are being ruined. Attempt to pass to retire. I can't stand this baby sh*t from him anymore.

I'm sorry guys, but I cannot stand Lewis. I'm over him. The sooner other drivers like Nico start winning, we all win. He's only happy when HE wins. The perfect case of that is CR7. This fruitcake gets p**sed off when his own team wins and other team mates score. He's only happy when he scores, even if the team loses.

Come on Nico, win the next race, and start next year with a bang. Maybe fans will bother to watch the races again. But at present it's so utterly pathetic I can't honestly ever recall a time I purposefully fast forwarded a race. The limit has been met. F1 needs to improve fast.

Spiral, people aren't posting period. As in no one gives a flying sh*t anymore about this sport.

The world has changed. With the advent of 24hour TV, the internet, youtube, social media, boring a## spectacles such as F1 will not last because it can't even hold the attention span of fans who've watch it for 20, 30 or more years.

I don't think it's that, i still watch it but I think everyone is just so over this season. I don't like to critise the sport and try to be as excited as the commentators are lol. But like most have said, it's a bloody yawn fest. It's so quiet it's like watching some sport on sbs and you can barely hear any sound effects from the sport, all you can hear is a loud crisp voice commentator.

Any wonder its boring? Read this whinge from Nico after the team wouldnt let Hamilton try another strategy.

"It's a discussion we've had many times and it wouldn't be fair for the guy running second to go for another strategy and for it to turn out it was massively the better strategy," said the German after his second successive win and fifth of the season allowed him to seal the runner-up spot in the championship.

"And you win the race, just because of luck and the other strategy being so much quicker. That's the big problem with it. That's why it doesn't make sense."

FMD!

Oh and Nico isnt back, he just cant cope with the pressure of a championship and now drives faster, and Hamilton has drunk himself into several stupors recently.

Does anyone get the feeling when looking at Merc that you're not seeing a proper gasoline smell in the air racing team? All I see is Toto and Lauda and shirts. Like a corporate boardroom decided one day to just start a race team. I get no feeling they are passionate about anything. Thus how they make decisions, strategies seems to be solely for the purpose of selling more cars, or increasing share prices and things like that. Whereas Ferrari and Red Bull are racing because it's F1, not to sell anything, even though of course they do sell their own products and cars. Just a feeling I guess, but Merc feels to me like I'm looking at a wax dummy of a real racing team. A Williams or McLaren from years past.

There strategy calls are very similar to redbull back in there dominant years. Always "fumbling" Marks strategy.

Off topic but it's just occurred to me, that BAR team we were all mocking the other day are now the same team who are dominating and winning everything!

Theoretically same team but different spec cars, different personnel, it's like chalk and cheese. It's like saying minardi are regular point scorers now because of Toro Rosso when we simply know that's not the case.

Funny that in another thread though, you chastise Lewis for suggesting that they change things

There's context to that. Hamilton is only calling for change because in his mind he lost due to a team decision about pit strategies. But when it's benefited him countless times in the past, he's told Nico to suck it up and just enjoy being in F1. That's what irritates me to no end.

"Change" can imply many different things. I'm talking about taking F1 out into the paddock and putting a bullet between the eyes. Hamilton is only talking about getting his way so that he can control pit strategies. And we saw in Monaco that's not always the best way to win a race. Hamilton has not once voiced his disapproval of how boring F1 is, how Sh#tty the car sounds, how there is ZERO excitement anymore, no racing, fantastic duels. He's happy to be up front winning by 40 seconds. It's only when he's started to lose against Nico these last few races he's suddenly calling for change. Screw that.

It just doesn't make sense when he says he was distroying his tyres staying behind nico. Correct me if iam wrong but didn't he close up to 4 tenths at one point? I know karting isn't f1 but when I used to race if I was distroying my tyres sitting behind someone, I'd rather distroy them atleast by trying to pass them. Its a track you can't pass on is absolute bs. How many times have we seen races with drives like Vettel and schumis there? It's a track he doesn't do well at and its simple as that, every driver has a circuit that just doesn't work for them so they have to work harder to do it. Nico just wanted it more, simple as that.

I agree that Nico deserved the win and Lewis didn't, and you CAN pass at interlagos, but I disagree that Lewis loves winning with ease - he's said a million times this year that he'd love more competition from RBR & Ferrari

It just doesn't make sense when he says he was distroying his tyres staying behind nico. Correct me if iam wrong but didn't he close up to 4 tenths at one point? I know karting isn't f1 but when I used to race if I was distroying my tyres sitting behind someone, I'd rather distroy them atleast by trying to pass them. Its a track you can't pass on is absolute bs. How many times have we seen races with drives like Vettel and schumis there? It's a track he doesn't do well at and its simple as that, every driver has a circuit that just doesn't work for them so they have to work harder to do it. Nico just wanted it more, simple as that.

yeah, good post mate

I agree that Nico deserved the win and Lewis didn't, and you CAN pass at interlagos, but I disagree that Lewis loves winning with ease - he's said a million times this year that he'd love more competition from RBR & Ferrari

He would want stronger competition yes, as any racer does, but he does contradict a lot of things he says.

yeah, good post mate

Thanks mate, but it's true isn't it? Why would you sit so close within Drs rang and distroy your tyres? Would rather distroy them atleast trying to take the lead? Common sense IMO.

Ah yes, the old he said routine quoting Get Smart haha

Hamilton has a horrific history of saying one thing and contradicting it the next. More importantly his actions do not match his words.

If he was so keen to have competition, he would be congratulating Nico and saying ok mate, next round you're mine. I will beat you then. You won today, you were faster, but I will get you next time.

Hasn't happened. Instead he's found excuses. Nico has said as much. Instead he's blamed the car changing since Singapore. The pit strategies. Where in all of his, is his own effort? His own desire to go, ok mate well played, but I will try harder next time, I will find a way to up my game?

You have to remember Hamilton's actions never match his words. Saying you want competition, and actually wanting/desiring it are two totally different things.

Oh and in case you forgot, he had a go at Vettel some years back saying he, his holiness, would never want to be so dominant in his wins. Fact is he has. And anytime Nico has beaten him, he's appeared to lose it. Being beaten in Monaco two years in a row, that didn't go down well. The sourpuss, sore loser attitude of him on the podium, there are tons of videos.

You would think if anyone had this attitude it would be rosberg as he has been beaten on so many occasions but nope. He had come out and said in a recent interview when someone asked why he didn't have this form throughout the season like this and he said "Lewis deserved to win the title,simple as that, I made a few mistakes but at the same time I was abit unlucky to". That's how to loose with respect intact IMO. Lewis also sayes that he relishes the chance to race wheel to wheel with Seb. Seb would beat him and could you imagine the radio comments and excuses then? Like I said earlier, Hamiltons ability can't be denied as we have seen in seasons like 2009, he still extracts maximum out of the car. But it's his outside game that needs major work. To be a good winner, you need to be a good loser also. Not like a knocked out boxer who just managed to get back to his feet for a post fight interview and calls it a lucky punch. See Lewis doesn't realise that making comments like this just shows us he has put himself on this pedistool and has this fake image to live up to. Who cares, just drive the way you do, live your life and don't have to tell everyone about it either and it would be sweet. This guy is trying to be the Michael Jackson of f1