Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mclaren Have They Really Found It?

Found a story that is apparently floating around the f1 paddock and that's Honda have made over a 220hp gain on last years engine. Wonder if it's true? I do expect a major improvement but there talking like a "brawn" like comeback and coming from nothing to be right at the front. Only time will tell but like I said I do expect an improvement and all the excuses to be explained by more excuses of people who think Mclaren are already done.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/552006/McLarenHonda_to_get_220_BHP_boost_for_2016/

All season Honda kept saying their next upgrade will bring further performance, yet it never did. So I'm sceptical about any noises McLaren-Honda make. I think they may bag a podium or 2 with the drivers they have, but can't see them suddenly jumping to the front

Well that's right, but with how bad 2015 was, it can't possibly get any worse, so it has to improve, just the scale of improvement is what we're all waiting to see.

They said they don't know how much improvement will be, but if they improve ICE 60HP and ERS can give 163 HP as it should through full lap, you can get number of 223 HP!

Honda have already confirmed today that this rumour is a load of rubbish

Could they be playing it safe? If the engine is a massive improvement they can say "we told you so" but if it fails again they can say "we told you so" also, they playing safe or "sandbagging" if you will?

Well they have to had gained something, it's impossible to have the same mediocre season.

Seems like there's a lot of clicks to be had by reporting unsupported claims that they've "found it", i think mid-field will be all they can hope for this year.

Every year there is all this speculation, then every year we get to Melbourne and every year no-one has been on the mark. I guess its fun to have hope, but you can't know, until the chequered flag at the first race.

Plus we all know Kimi will win that race.

Wouldn't that be good? Defiantly unexpected and it would rattle Vettel being so early on as well.

It'd be great although I don't remember Kimi ever really being great at Melbourne, even back when he knew how to drive f1 cars

Watch out Jem this years Ferrari is better suited to Kimi, just like 2015 was as well. Lmao.

Someone mentioned before that probably someone from Honda said '' We gained TWO TO THREE horse powers '', and people heard it as '' 2 2 3 HP ''!

Thats more like it, keep the faith brother!

Might be a car similiar to this rendition Kimi does it in....

If that drawing holds any weight, much nicer and tidier front end than last year.

Even if they did gain 223 hp...

...the article mentions they were down 70 hp on the engine and 163 hp on the ERS when compared to Mercedes. That's 233 hp down.

So, they'd still be 10 hp behind Mercedes. Even if they did. Which they didn't. Honda in motorsport is just depressing.

Someone mentioned before that probably someone from Honda said '' We gained TWO TO THREE horse powers '', and people heard it as '' 2 2 3 HP ''!

:lol:

Even if they did gain 223 hp...

...the article mentions they were down 70 hp on the engine and 163 hp on the ERS when compared to Mercedes. That's 233 hp down.

So, they'd still be 10 hp behind Mercedes. Even if they did. Which they didn't. Honda in motorsport is just depressing.

:lol:

They are not bad at Moto GP !

PS I don't follow other motor racing series!

The NSX was a force to be reckoned with in the Jap touring cars. It's disappointing as Honda don't build any turbos, there experts a NA tuned cars.

lolz

Yeah I'm feeling it. Kimi for the Win!!

bring it