Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Keep It Simple Stupid

Why? why? make the qualifying format even more complicated? It does not carry any championship points!

All it is - Is whoever is the fastest , goes in front of the grid !

It's that simple !!!

Why make a new format that event the F1 drivers themselves can't understand fully, let alone the F1 "fans" if there are still real fans left.

Keep it SIMPLE Stupid Bernie !

Because there bloody clowns mate, but this has been the way for a while now, instead of fixing issues they go ahead and make more.

Why? why? make the qualifying format even more complicated? It does not carry any championship points!

All it is - Is whoever is the fastest , goes in front of the grid !

It's that simple !!!

Why make a new format that event the F1 drivers themselves can't understand fully, let alone the F1 "fans" if there are still real fans left.

Keep it SIMPLE Stupid Bernie !

Presumed benefit of this idea is to induce randomness into grid, thus neutralize predictability who will be on the poll, and drive away. Bandage solution helping to no one. I do not like it, and I do not like even current qualification format, as I prefer the old format - you have one hour, fastest lap counts, but, that's what we have and must live with it (for now). F1 is so deeply entrenched into cost down measures, that one single change around edges is going to fix it. Misstep with premature homologation in 2014, and cutting down on track testing for past many years with restrictive development will haunt us for years, killing sport right before our eyes.

Yep exactly but it's not going to change anything as the fastest cars will be at the front anyway. I'd love for the old one hr session to return along with the extra practice session they cut and Sunday's warmup. Isn't that what fans go to gp races to see? Not just a few session of f1 and the rest of the day filled with lower race categories to try keep you "entertained" for 3 hrs until the cars come back out. If they really wanted to fix f1 all they need to do is go back to 1997, as I firmly believe this product we have today is the snowball effect of the first massive shakeup in 1998.

Yep exactly but it's not going to change anything as the fastest cars will be at the front anyway. I'd love for the old one hr session to return along with the extra practice session they cut and Sunday's warmup. Isn't that what fans go to gp races to see? Not just a few session of f1 and the rest of the day filled with lower race categories to try keep you "entertained" for 3 hrs until the cars come back out. If they really wanted to fix f1 all they need to do is go back to 1997, as I firmly believe this product we have today is the snowball effect of the first massive shakeup in 1998.

They (actually I have no idea who those people are) are pushing for unpredictability, yet it seems that every decision they make interjects even more predictability. Take current qualification format. Sometimes people had traffic, or wet patch, problem in the garage, or whatever, got stuck in Q1, and Q3 was a borefest. With the old format, there was quiet, and then furry of activities. Suspense for 62 min who has made it to the pole, and nothing was taken for granted. I used to do my manicure during qualification session, but not now.

Yeah very true, the old one hr format atleast sprung a few surprises especially wet sessions. Just as long as they don't go back to that one lap crap from what was it 2003?

+10

I say 45 Minutes of full qualy action open to all cars and the fastest gets the pole !

That's simple but more exciting withOUT BS.

Bernie should die soon !

I say 45 Minutes of full qualy action open to all cars and the fastest gets the pole !

That's simple but more exciting withOUT BS.

Bernie should die soon !

Lmao, straight to the point hey mate?

You would think with the money he has, he would do something about that bloody hair. The bowl cut is long gone and unless he is looking for the part on dumb and dumber 3, it looks hideous.

For me, qualifying was the one thing they didn't need to change, now all they've done is make it much more complicated and harder to follow. Well done to them on that one. Saying that, once we see it in action we might find we prefer it, somehow I doubt that though.

What is the point though? It doesn't shake anything up as fastest cars will be at the front anyway, atleast with the old one hour format it was open to some battles anyway.

For me, qualifying was the one thing they didn't need to change, now all they've done is make it much more complicated and harder to follow. Well done to them on that one. Saying that, once we see it in action we might find we prefer it, somehow I doubt that though.

Very true, no harm trying, however with caveat they can pull back, if after a few races team owners, and drivers have evaluation meeting, and vote by simple majority against it. Problem is, they won't pull back. Strategy group was also on probation (comment I heard from Ross Brawn), and now there is no way to get rid of it.

You would think with the money he has, he would do something about that bloody hair. The bowl cut is long gone and unless he is looking for the part on dumb and dumber 3, it looks hideous.

loljump.gif

Simple is best. It's racing so all we need to see is the fastest cars on the grid and during the race. How hard do they want that to be?

F1 is becoming more than a boring way to spend the weekend...

Radical I've been watching a lot of 95,96 and 97 races I've got on old vhs and one thing I pick up straight away besides the awesome sound of course is the authenticity it has, it's amazing,

Today's form of racing is so far away from this that its so very sad. I've re-seen epic epic battles that only seem like a dream to today's fan, murrays commentary, it had it all. Then you look at the cars,a lot wider,faster,gripier, the onboards are amazing and I certainly beleive almost every driver on the grid wouldn't even possess the neck muscles to drive these as there heads moved around so much, still I miss those days, you could actually see when a driver was on the limit with the car twitching on exit.

Here's a short clip of Schumacher,onboard spa 97 and just look at the cornering speed mid speed and exit, the sound and just how much his head moves about and I can't believe how late he leaves it to brake for the old bus stop chicane.

Emcee

That's exactly what I'm taking about. That's the real deal !

Qualy these days is like Fashion show !

Racing these days is a boozer. The engine sound puts me to sleep !

Just go back to this type of configuration, I know the shakeup in 1998 was to reduce cornering speeds but circuits are a lot safer now compared to then when they ran these monster machines. I have no doubt in my mind with the run offs we have today that a car of this style and ability could run safely and we would have an authentic series back again. You watch the onboard and you see schumi fighting the car in quite a few corners, well back then this was a good setup but today if it's not in rails, it's no good, this is the solution right there, it has never felt authentic for me since 1997 and due to the shakeup in 1998 I firmly believe formula one has never been the same.

Just go back to this type of configuration, I know the shakeup in 1998 was to reduce cornering speeds but circuits are a lot safer now compared to then when they ran these monster machines. I have no doubt in my mind with the run offs we have today that a car of this style and ability could run safely and we would have an authentic series back again. You watch the onboard and you see schumi fighting the car in quite a few corners, well back then this was a good setup but today if it's not in rails, it's no good, this is the solution right there, it has never felt authentic for me since 1997 and due to the shakeup in 1998 I firmly believe formula one has never been the same.

Some people like always to point finger away from themselves, these days towards two teams. I could be out of mainstream, but I think two people responsible for current state of F1 are MM/Whiting, and Ecclestone. This baby wasn't born yesterday, but its embryonic stage goes back number of years. Can this be fixed? Depends what the goal is. Of course it can, but who has patience to wait another 10 years? Quicker would be to let it die first, and start over next day. Let go people with "experience", and replace them with people with brains and ideas who has gone through Lesson Learnt, and won't repeat the same mistakes twice.

Some people like always to point finger away from themselves, these days towards two teams. I could be out of mainstream, but I think two people responsible for current state of F1 are MM/Whiting, and Ecclestone. This baby wasn't born yesterday, but its embryonic stage goes back number of years. Can this be fixed? Depends what the goal is. Of course it can, but who has patience to wait another 10 years? Quicker would be to let it die first, and start over next day. Let go people with "experience", and replace them with people with brains and ideas who has gone through Lesson Learnt, and won't repeat the same mistakes twice.

Bernie can die tomorrow for the sake of F1

If a public stoning was still legal id be down for that.

Imagine that if they buried him with just his head showing, he would look like a dead shrub, with that hairstyle.