Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Alonso Now To Redbull?

As I said elsewhere on this forum, I expected Alonso to move to RBR with Kimi going back to Maranello. Kimi will never live with Vettel but Nando is a strong character and will survive there. KR is a huge fan of Allison. Brawn will take the reins at Ferrari to encourage a change in the bone deep concept of a No.1 driver. If LdM wants a WCC both drivers need to go hard at it - period. If Lotus survive financially, they may go after Button, Di Resta or even Sutil. Massa should be replaced by the Hulk and slot into the vacant Sauber seat if they survive. all things seem possible today.

There were very heavy rumors that Adrian Sutil will join Porsche's LMP1 program, as Mark Webber and Neel Jani already have from "outside" the Porsche factory driver roster. Nick Heidfeld's rumored there, too, I believe. Now, I'd love to see him at Lotus, of course, because I think he's deserving of an F1 drive, and it would be really a good way to put the whole Eric Lux incident behind him to join that particular team...

Do you think Jean-Éric Vergne will be Alguersuemi-ed by Toro Rosso, Sean? That is, out of F1 and still forced to wear a Red Bull-branded helmet for three years despite receiving no funding. I had kind of hoped that maybe Total, Lotus partner that they are and apparently the only reason Grosjean stays, would have an interest in Vergne for the Enstone team. I guess my expectation is there's no way he stays at Toro Rosso if Ricciardo doesn't get the Red Bull seat, and it's obvious Red Bull doesn't want that. They are always quick to force people up, and António Félix da Costa has gotten lazy in WSR, just as Ricciardo did before being promoted. So, they're going to move da Costa up (Sainz will go to WSR)...if Ricciardo's still at STR, someone has to take on Vergne. I really believe he and Ricciardo are both better than Alguersuari and Buemi were.

I'd like to see a shake-up without totally ruining the "five WDCs at five different constructors" element we have now. It's apparent that it will be down to four constructors if Red Bull have their way, with Lotus least likely to have one when it all settles.

Plus, do we get a name change (and consequently a livery change) from Lotus now? We had the two Loti; can we get Infinity-Renault to battle Red Bull-Infiniti?

Hmm. Maybe that means da Costa will be doing Fridays and just replace Vergne mid-season, instead. :P

Thanks; hadn't paid close enough attention.