14 replies to this topic

#1 WebRic

WebRic

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 1,565 posts
  • Interests:Formula One-gotta love it

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

This is a joke how often do we see this? As you all know iam a huge fan but its a sure test of loyalty with this repeated flaw in his starts. It has been a trademark of his for years now, it can't be the car because no matter what he drives, it's like Fred flinstone trying to find grip with his feet. How many possible good results has he ditched due to his rediculous starts? Why don't they found out what he is doing different from seb and go from there?

Ad what did Vettel do to his hair? He looks like a kid from little erection.

Edited by WebRic, 26 August 2013 - 12:30 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Massa

Massa

Terry Labonte Retired

• Pit Crew
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Well, clearly Vettel has ordered the team to sabotage Webber's...just kidding. ;)

I am no expert on the start of a Grand Prix, but I can pretend to be an expert on Vettel's hair and offer this:

No style is universally liked.  The only thing with widespread appeal is self-confidence.  So, you style your hair in a way that makes you feel good, because then you present yourself in the best way you can.  I assume that is what Vettel has done and if he personally likes it, he's doing hair the way I think hair ought to be done.
My avatar is not my work, but is in the public domain.  Releasing things into the public domain is a very nice thing to do if you ever can.

#3 WebRic

WebRic

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostMassa, on 26 August 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Well, clearly Vettel has ordered the team to sabotage Webber's...just kidding. ;)

I am no expert on the start of a Grand Prix, but I can pretend to be an expert on Vettel's hair and offer this:

No style is universally liked.  The only thing with widespread appeal is self-confidence.  So, you style your hair in a way that makes you feel good, because then you present yourself in the best way you can.  I assume that is what Vettel has done and if he personally likes it, he's doing hair the way I think hair ought to be done.

Ok then, lol
Posted Image

#4 Rainmaster

Rainmaster

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

I think Vettel's hair is awful and he could be equally confident with better hair :P That's all I have to offer.

What is "little erection"? Other than a problem Andrés has?
"He has the speed of Casey [Stoner] but the brain of Valentino." ~ Honda's Livio Suppo describing Marc Marquez.

"Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright, it is not yet the end." ~ Paulo Coelho

Over the years the racing car has changed and the necessity for the sensitive and precise handling of the faster, lighter grand prix cars of the post war era, emphasised the need for a more subtle and controlled driving technique. Fangio, with his iron self-control and uncanny skill, met this demand with contemptuous ease, to set a style that raised the art of racing driving to the height of a new science. 20 years earlier in 1937, that great French driver Jean-Pierre Wimille, then at the height of his fame, said of Fangio "I have seen at Buenos Aires a brilliant new driver, the day he has a real racing car to drive, he will perform miracles”.

#5 Quiet One

Quiet One

The balding avenger

• Senior Members
  • 11,090 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostRainmaster, on 26 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

I think Vettel's hair is awful and he could be equally confident with better hair Posted Image That's all I have to offer.

I wish! :eusa_think:

As for Vettel's hair, he is what you'd call a suicide blonde: dyed by his own hand.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the Universe, and it has a longer shelf life" - Frank Zappa

"Great drivers are the ones who win the races they're not supposed to" - K.Chandhok

"On the rare occasions that I play a racing game I often think ‘you know what this needs? A boss battle or two.’ A Formula One game in which, suddenly, everybody else has a monster truck and their sole desire is to squash you. A street racing game with a tank or two blowing the roads and buildings to bits. A Nascar game with a track that occasionally bends to the right" (Adam Smith - RPS)

#6 WebRic

WebRic

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostRainmaster, on 26 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

I think Vettel's hair is awful and he could be equally confident with better hair :P That's all I have to offer.

My version of one direction. Sorry lol
Posted Image

#7 WebRic

WebRic

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostQuiet One, on 26 August 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

I wish! :eusa_think:

As for Vettel's hair, he is what you'd call a suicide blonde: dyed by his own hand.

I bet there's something else he does with his hand than just the bloody finger he puts up his bum. That's why he shows us all the time "yep this is the one, wanna smell?"

Edited by WebRic, 26 August 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Rainmaster

Rainmaster

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostWebRic, on 26 August 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

My version of one direction. Sorry lol

:lol: That makes sense. Although I didn't realise they were that famous in other countries. Shame.

As for Webber's starts, I don't understand it either as you would think it is something that is not that difficult to fix, or at least a problem that can be worked on in a sort of logical way (i.e. comparing to Vettel, trying different things, etc). Considering they must have identified it as an issue and want to fix it, I guess it must one of those cases where our intuition is not enough to make up for our limited knowledge. In other words, it must be a very difficult problem indeed in ways we (or at least I) don't understand.
"He has the speed of Casey [Stoner] but the brain of Valentino." ~ Honda's Livio Suppo describing Marc Marquez.

"Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright, it is not yet the end." ~ Paulo Coelho

Over the years the racing car has changed and the necessity for the sensitive and precise handling of the faster, lighter grand prix cars of the post war era, emphasised the need for a more subtle and controlled driving technique. Fangio, with his iron self-control and uncanny skill, met this demand with contemptuous ease, to set a style that raised the art of racing driving to the height of a new science. 20 years earlier in 1937, that great French driver Jean-Pierre Wimille, then at the height of his fame, said of Fangio "I have seen at Buenos Aires a brilliant new driver, the day he has a real racing car to drive, he will perform miracles”.

#9 WebRic

WebRic

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostRainmaster, on 26 August 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

:lol: That makes sense. Although I didn't realise they were that famous in other countries. Shame.

As for Webber's starts, I don't understand it either as you would think it is something that is not that difficult to fix, or at least a problem that can be worked on in a sort of logical way (i.e. comparing to Vettel, trying different things, etc). Considering they must have identified it as an issue and want to fix it, I guess it must one of those cases where our intuition is not enough to make up for our limited knowledge. In other words, it must be a very difficult problem indeed in ways we (or at least I) don't understand.

Just doesnt make sense I mean a driver with the experience he has in driving in two different eras in f1, should be on top of it. He is the only one out of the entire field,including the rookies who has this issue.
Posted Image

#10 rodders47

rodders47

F1 Ace

• Members
  • 1,135 posts
  • Interests:Fishing/boating, motor Racing and Model car R/C Racing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

I did hear over team radio that Mark had a small clutch problem as he left for the warm up!!  But yeah his starts are probably why he has not won a championship. After he gets going he drives like one of the best out there...
If you can't be replaced  ---  You can't be Promoted

#11 WebRic

WebRic

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

View Postrodders47, on 27 August 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

I did hear over team radio that Mark had a small clutch problem as he left for the warm up!!  But yeah his starts are probably why he has not won a championship. After he gets going he drives like one of the best out there...

When doesn't he have a problem? Kers,clutch,rebooting telementary. He drives like a beast but so many good results have been lost.
Posted Image

#12 KoolMonkey

KoolMonkey

F1 Ace

• Members
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

David Coulthard was talking to BBC Sport's Andrew Benson
http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/23844376

Mark Webber's chances of challenging for the victory in Spa were wrecked by another bad start. He was on the back foot from then on and ended up finishing fifth.

Mark has had a sequence of poor starts going back quite some time and I have to believe he is a factor in that.

Starts are defined by software and driver reaction. That's it. Clutch contamination and preparation are variables but it makes no sense for Red Bull to give Webber a different clutch from Vettel.

I remember back in my Formula Three days, Brazilian Rubens Barrichello couldn't start and I could. Same car; same clutch. The only variable was the driver.

When we interviewed Webber before the race, he was already worrying out loud about the potential for a bad start.

He was psyched up for it already. Whereas I always believed I was going to have a great start. And I'm sure Alonso is the same; it's no accident that he keeps having brilliant first laps.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out from things that have happened and stuff that has been said this year, that Webber is not that happy with Red Bull team principal Christian Horner at the moment and vice versa.

But that has no bearing on the technical performance of Webber's car, or his engineering staff and mechanics.

Red Bull chief technical officer Adrian Newey takes it personally when a car is not performing. It just does not enter his head to think something like: "The lead car has won, who cares about the other one?"

Newey looks at every detail. And Adrian likes Mark; Mark likes Adrian.

It's just like my time at McLaren alongside Finn Mika Hakkinen. At no time did I think I was getting second-rate equipment. I just didn't think I was getting preferential call on pit stops, or the psychological support and so on.

And on the odd occasions when there was one engine that had a bit more power, then it made complete sense for them to give it to Mika. The vast majority of the time, though, that did not happen - in fact we used to pick the engine numbers out of a hat to ensure it was completely random.

I'll take David's view over most of the opinions here. Every time Webber moans about his starts, others have to post here to remind his supporters that he's had bad starts for years. And with different teams as well. Thus you can't get more concrete proof that RBR are not out to get him, to sabotage him, rather he simply has not got down the method of starting a F1 race. That's not RBR's fault.
"He's a f**king idiot. I want to hit him when I see him!"

"Obviously I am pleased to have many fans. Who would not want? But to be honest, I have no idea why people like me."

"Do you really think I would be here if it was just about money?" Raikkonen hit back.  "I do enough fun things in my spare time than to have to listen to this bullsh*t."

"There is always a lot of talk about the motivation but nobody really knows what I do or what I think except for myself, so I don't really care about what people say."

"There's always talk about my motivation, written by people who don't know me and couldn't have an idea on how strong my motivation is. If I didn't feel I had the motivation, I would stop. My feeling is that I probably drove some of my best races in my last season in Formula One and I was very happy with my performance. I've never had any issues with motivation."

Vodka, ice-creams in the garage, rallying, snow-mobile racing, gorilla suit connoisseur, hitched to former miss Finland, James Hunt appeal, a vacant stare, talks like a Dalek, 1970s caps, Elton John glasses and some people call this guy boring? I wish we had more characters like him in F1 Posted Image

#13 WebRic

WebRic

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostKoolMonkey, on 31 August 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

David Coulthard was talking to BBC Sport's Andrew Benson
http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/23844376

I'll take David's view over most of the opinions here. Every time Webber moans about his starts, others have to post here to remind his supporters that he's had bad starts for years. And with different teams as well. Thus you can't get more concrete proof that RBR are not out to get him, to sabotage him, rather he simply has not got down the method of starting a F1 race. That's not RBR's fault.

Exactly, but you would think why have Redbull allowed it to go on for so long? Why don't they help him rectify it? Can't be hard. Gett Vettel and webber in the simulator practising starts and compare what Vettel is doing that webber isn't, that's what I would do if I had two drivers I wanted to win, not just one lol.
Posted Image

#14 KoolMonkey

KoolMonkey

F1 Ace

• Members
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

I don't know WebRic. I half get the sense Webber is a glass full kind of guy, as in don't tell me what to do... I already know it!!

It's interesting to note that Coulthard said Barrichello wasn't able to get a handle on starts either, and this would have been in the period when TC was allowed, so that's even worse.

The reality is, F1 won't miss Webber just as it didn't miss Barrichello. Some of his fans will however, but the show will go on. Having said that, I do remember when people really did miss JV. The whole "No JV, No F1" I remember that. People missed Kimi too. People don't miss JV now however, but people would still miss Kimi.

As for Webber, he's a prickly b#####d and one I just don't feel truly integrates well into a team. He looks to brood most of the time, and if he truly believes RBR have purposefully wrecked his cars, then he's delusional. There is so much money involved in F1. RBR are not going to wreck his car on purpose. Probably one of the best theories on why he's had alot of breakdowns, is his height. Meaning they have had move around components to other areas of the car Vettel's card doesn't have to.

Be that as it may, some drivers just can't get on top of things. Just watch Massa in the rain and see the circus unfold. Or his ability to totally spin out a car, even going in a straight line.
"He's a f**king idiot. I want to hit him when I see him!"

"Obviously I am pleased to have many fans. Who would not want? But to be honest, I have no idea why people like me."

"Do you really think I would be here if it was just about money?" Raikkonen hit back.  "I do enough fun things in my spare time than to have to listen to this bullsh*t."

"There is always a lot of talk about the motivation but nobody really knows what I do or what I think except for myself, so I don't really care about what people say."

"There's always talk about my motivation, written by people who don't know me and couldn't have an idea on how strong my motivation is. If I didn't feel I had the motivation, I would stop. My feeling is that I probably drove some of my best races in my last season in Formula One and I was very happy with my performance. I've never had any issues with motivation."

Vodka, ice-creams in the garage, rallying, snow-mobile racing, gorilla suit connoisseur, hitched to former miss Finland, James Hunt appeal, a vacant stare, talks like a Dalek, 1970s caps, Elton John glasses and some people call this guy boring? I wish we had more characters like him in F1 Posted Image

#15 WebRic

WebRic

F1 Ace

• Senior Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostKoolMonkey, on 31 August 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

I don't know WebRic. I half get the sense Webber is a glass full kind of guy, as in don't tell me what to do... I already know it!!

It's interesting to note that Coulthard said Barrichello wasn't able to get a handle on starts either, and this would have been in the period when TC was allowed, so that's even worse.

The reality is, F1 won't miss Webber just as it didn't miss Barrichello. Some of his fans will however, but the show will go on. Having said that, I do remember when people really did miss JV. The whole "No JV, No F1" I remember that. People missed Kimi too. People don't miss JV now however, but people would still miss Kimi.

As for Webber, he's a prickly b#####d and one I just don't feel truly integrates well into a team. He looks to brood most of the time, and if he truly believes RBR have purposefully wrecked his cars, then he's delusional. There is so much money involved in F1. RBR are not going to wreck his car on purpose. Probably one of the best theories on why he's had alot of breakdowns, is his height. Meaning they have had move around components to other areas of the car Vettel's card doesn't have to.

Be that as it may, some drivers just can't get on top of things. Just watch Massa in the rain and see the circus unfold. Or his ability to totally spin out a car, even going in a straight line.

Mate, you made absolutely perfect sense there. You hit the nail on the head with webber as mr know it all, I'd picture that exact scene you mentioned playing out in my mind and I Beleive you got it spot on. You mentioned his height which be a resonable explaination when you think about it. As a webber fan myself, I can honestly say, I won't miss much as I thought when I first heard his announcement. Iam just over my loyalty being continuously tested by his flinstone starts. If there wasn't another Aussie in there, I might feel different, iam more looking forward to ricciardo in the Redbull next year as I Beleive ricciardo will get more consistant podium results.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.