Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apples127

Is Hockenheim's Poorly Attended Crowds A Sign?

Couldn't agree more. Big gap to fill with no USA team that's why.

It's like a mini-olympics for a random selection of countries, and undoubtedly the rest of the world pays no attention to it.

Being commonwealth champion of your sport is just being able to say 'ok i'm the best of all the countries which at some point belonged to an Empire which disentegrated about 70 years ago' - seems pointless to me

I don't Beleive it's pointless as anytime people from all over the world can gather together and get along like brother and sister (well except our d-head weightlifter but anyway) is wonderful. It's a small time of part world peace IMO and the message of togetherness and peace should be spread. Iam not a hippy, just over today's society and things need to change. "It's on us to do what we gotta do to survive" - Tupac Shakur, incredible man.

Well said!

I think there is more overtaking, well, I am sure, but a lot of the overtaking moves are false, being DRS assisted. I used to love the absolute balls out hard braking manoeuvres put on by the likes of Senna. Hang on, there is no-one like Senna, but you get my drift. Other than when a car is obviously superior, either due to tyres or just the package, the overtaking moves have become void of excitement to a large degree.

That has a twofold effect. Firstly, the overtaking manoeuvres are not truly contested, or cannot be contested. The second is that there is no incentive to attempt a 'proper' overtaking move when it is easier to wait for the next DRS zone.

That was one of the many reasons I enjoyed the dice between Ricciardo and Alonso, both drivers doing what we all want to see, actually racing, rather than relying on artificial aids.

Anyway, we get some new tinkering rules next year, standing re-starts and sparking skid plates come to mind. Oh, hang on, the skid plates is a safety issue, right?

F1 should remove DRS soon.

It's cheating the fans for REAL overtaking. It's LAME !