Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Australian Politics

I thought I would draw attention to how classy our politicians are over here. She is getting slaughtered in the media. Many are asking what would happen if a male politician said a woman had to have nice boobs to be girlfriend material. All rather embarrassing.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/palmer-united-party-senator-jacqui-lambie-asks-a-22yearold-male-are-you-wellhung-on-heart-1073/story-fnndfy6b-1226997163380

Shucks, can't leave this post all on its own. Watched the vid and whilst she dropped herself in the sh1t a bit, seems like she went along with the 'laddism' of the interviewer/jockey - could've been through embarassment or other reasons - but something we'd expect to see occasionally from Oz, not in a bad way, I just think we're used to seeing straight talking from Aussies (from over here...). At least it was funnyish, better than the smarmy appeasing stuff we get from politically correct knobs here.

A vid to watch

What we really think of tony abbott

Ah, Australia, I miss the place. Lived in Sydney for 5 years , up until 2 months ago. Now I'm in the rolling plains of Texas, I wish there were back there. The stuff with Gillard was quite crazy too, wasnt there some dinner \ fundraiser where something on the menu was described as Gillards red box ? And then , there was the classic line I learnt from a co-worker which he said gave him a 50-50 shot at either picking someone up or getting slapped : Show us your Pink Bits love loljump.gif

Yep that's Aussie humour for ya. So you live in the states now and you prefer Australia? May I ask why? Besides the rediculous tax, rediculous laws consistantly being passed and not much to do, whats good about the place? I pay 30g a year in tax and cant het government help when i need surgery. I've always wanted to move to the states.