Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Bottas

What a season this guy is having. I know Ricciardo is taking the headlines as the young pretender this season but Bottas is proving to be very solid throughout this season so far. I reckon in a few years time him & Ricciardo could be dicing for the world championship. What do you guys make of Bottas? Could he become the next Hakkinen? Will I have to change my username to bottasthegreat2?

post-1411-0-54326600-1406746179_thumb.jp

Definatly Bottas has stepped up to the plate this year and driving on pure pace to. 55 points ahead of his much more established and well known teammate and won't be long IMO before he takes the top step. Defiantly a star of the future and I have nothing but high praise for him. Wtf is that pic btw? Lol

Hahah lol does to, sorry didnt watch friends, I was a seinfeld man.

His not is he? Just keeps to himself and lets the racing do the talking.

His so focused to and driving very maturely. Start of Hungary showed that, as he stuck to the outside of turn one, worked out very nicely.

He's got what it takes to dice with the frontrunner, that's for sure. Won't be long before he wins one for Sir Frank and co. Canada last year was a true foreshadow of this guy's talent - his driving reminds me a lot of Alonso. I remember watching Peter Windsor's interview with Bottas last year and thinking that if this guy has Peter's attention, then, well he ought to have mine too.

My money is on Bottas to take Williams back to the front of the grid this year. He and good ole' Dan will be pulling the weight of their teams later this season, hopefully to capitalize when Merc implodes.

That's it, he is miles ahead of Massa in the standings and its not all just down to luck either. Iam going on a limb and saying it now so you can all bow down and praise me when it happens. Bottas to win at Monza. You heard it from me first.

Good shout. Williams have been the fastest in a straight line this season & Monza is all about top speed. Match made in heaven really.

Yeah, bet there real quick at spa to.

Eh, Merc's have a serious advantage with high-speed turns. Spa has a bunch of those.

It could be anyone's race really especially factoring in weather.

Monza, well, you may be right about that one bud.

Stick with monza then. Bottas to win, Massa to crash out in turn one by not even braking, taking out a few cars and blaming them for slowing down.

Stick with monza then. Bottas to win, Massa to crash out in turn one by not even braking, taking out a few cars and blaming them for slowing down.

"I was going to brake, and then the other guys all blocked me from going straight through [the chicane]. Some of these other inexperienced guys from GP2 have got to learn by, you know, going for it...yeah, going for the gap...the turn, I mean the turn."

"I was going to brake, and then the other guys all blocked me from going straight through [the chicane]. Some of these other inexperienced guys from GP2 have got to learn by, you know, going for it...yeah, going for the gap...the turn, I mean the turn."

Lol exactly.

Latest on Bottas, don't know how true it is but possibly of to Mclaren.

http://www.gptoday.com/details/view/496548/Silly_Season_Latest_Bottas__to_McLaren/

Lol exactly.

Latest on Bottas, don't know how true it is but possibly of to Mclaren.

http://www.gptoday.c...as__to_McLaren/

Now that is a rumor I believe. McLaren will sign anyone these days so to see that they want someone in their second season could actually happen IMO.

Well mags in his first and ATM Bottas is alot better driver than mag, experience plays a part there though.

McLaren are very indecisive in recent years with regards to their constant changes in driver line ups. For years they had the solid pairing of Mika & DC, then along came Kimi for a while. Since 2007 they've been switching the drivers around too much, thinking 'well if we revolve around one driver (Hamilton/Button) then that's us sorted' while constantly brining in a young number 2 that isn't who he's hyped up to be (Kovalainen/Perez). Shame the Hamilton/Button partnership didn't last long as they were very good together.

I've always thought webber and button would have been good to.

Ugh no. Two whingebags on the same team together? No thanks. I like them both individually but as a team it'd be like pairing up two ex's.

No way, they would work so well together, but like web and dc, both similar personalities to an extent and both have an "old school" approach about them, they would get on very well.

Webric I have to respectfully disagree. The only way Button would work with an equally as experienced teammate would mimic DC and Hakkinen.

Macca is the only team I'd trust to pair inexperienced teammates. Even with de LA rosa's Rosa and Kovi they knew any positive results would means success. Such is their rule going forward...yet the current crop of talent is much more secure (Bottas). Why not go for it?