Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Hamilton V Rosberg - Act Ii

As I'm sure you know, Hamilton was put out of the race on lap 2 when Rosberg punctured his rear tyre & put Hammy down the pecking order. Mercedes say that Rosberg was unacceptable to race Lewis very closely only 2 laps in & he was even booed on the podium! Is Rosberg getting the stick he deserved or are the Mercedes staff & fans being too harsh on Nico? Also, with Nico & Hamilton's relationship at a seemingly all-time low pre-race, what's going to be the fallout from this latest scenario?

Yeah I hold nico at fault there. For starters he wasn't even alongside of lewis and second,should've backed out, is it just me or is Nico getting a tad bit big headed now? After his body language on the podium.

Rosberg's fault but Hamilton claiming that he admitted it doing it on purpose is too silly for words.

It will affect Hamilton's psych, he knows now Risberg will race him.

Nico at fault for sure Cry Baby Hammy just spat the dummy BUT Nico has re-signed.........Haven't seen any thing about Hamilton re-signing !!!

Nico was re-signed 6 months ago. Nothing from Hamilton since. I had a strong feeling from the moment they announced Nico's resigning, that the lack of any news on Hamilton was interesting to say the least. He's not worth $20m a year, let alone $50 based on his lack of desire to drive a car.

I would imagine all his emotional rantings are not going down well at MGP and Mercedes itself. If MGP were keen to hang onto Hamilton, surely they would make a move to lock him in?

Interesting weekend that. I've been rooting for Rosberg for a few years now. He's usually not got a case of red-mist\nutjobbiness\call-it-what-you-will and the events from Spa really looked to me like a case of him being tired of being the one to swerve when Lewis takes the racing line without much regard to where Rosberg is (Though it sounds like the current iteration of the rules support this?).

Rosberg would , of course, have been better served if he'd just held on to his pole position. But I find it a little funny that fans of Senna and Schumacher, both of whom displayed just this same tactic (I'll put the car where you'll have to make the call about causing an accident or not) , thought the two legends were displaying maximum commitment, but that Rosberg was being a gherkin smile.png In defense of all you fine people , you guys seem like equal opportunity bashers biggrin.png

At the end of it all, I must admit, I rarely get a surge of confidence when I see Nico coming up to pass people. He's fast in Qualifying, but the overall impression I've been getting of him this year is that he doesnt really do well in traffic. Thots ?

Agreed, he seems quite tentative in his passing. Usually! I am not sure whether that is just his style/skill or whether he is being overly careful. He seemed to move through the field well after the stops, but in a car which is vastly superior to most.

On thing that has not been mentioned is that he was genuinely faster than Hamilton going into Les Combes, which is unusual. I have read that Hamilton made an error at Eau Rouge, but that was a long way prior.

I think he has found some more pace and aggression. Neither of which is good news for Hamilton. Or Wolff's blood pressure.

Nico was re-signed 6 months ago. Nothing from Hamilton since. I had a strong feeling from the moment they announced Nico's resigning, that the lack of any news on Hamilton was interesting to say the least. He's not worth $20m a year, let alone $50 based on his lack of desire to drive a car.

Absolutley, nico has proven, like Ricciardo lol, to be extremly good value, they can win with more than half the money they have "wasted" on Lewis. He's finished this year, heck Dan can catch him now.

Stop teasing!

Hamilton knows now that Rosberg is fast and will not be pushed around. Add that to the apparent destabilisation of his relationship with his Cougar. He made a big noise about her being in support at Grand Prix and how much it meant to him, but her career seems to be more important these days.

I am predicting a meltdown of epic proportions. At Monza.

As in you want him to win or expect him to win? Both, I guess.

Yep, his is going to be mega quick there, I said this a while back and now Martin agrees, lol is he a member here? Lol nah it's obvious they will be quick and even though Nico believes Merc will be quickest I don't Beleive they will be. Ohh I can see Massa and his hideous mouth making a reappearance. Massa and Bottas will be 1 and 2 and Massa will hit Bottas and say its Valtteri's fault. Does that sound about right?

Sounds familiar. I am going for a MGP P1/P2, a tussle at the start, both cars wrecked and the Honey Badger kicks some Mercedes arse again.

Hey, this is my dream, you can have one, too.

Merc are a shambles. To easy to say I told you so, but then booting Brawn did have consequences. Wolff had no experience leading a team, let alone a superstar team like Merc with all their high profile designers and technical crew, and the drivers, and Paddy had never run a team either. This would not have happened under Brawn, ever.

Lewis has played the dirty game many times in the past, ignoring team orders, pushing Button off track several times, and he cries like a baby when a racing incident happens. At this rate he'll end up at Force India and it will be a well deserved earning at that.

Sounds familiar. I am going for a MGP P1/P2, a tussle at the start, both cars wrecked and the Honey Badger kicks some Mercedes arse again.

Hey, this is my dream, you can have one, too.

I like this scenario much better

Merc are a shambles. To easy to say I told you so, but then booting Brawn did have consequences. Wolff had no experience leading a team, let alone a superstar team like Merc with all their high profile designers and technical crew, and the drivers, and Paddy had never run a team either. This would not have happened under Brawn, ever.

Lewis has played the dirty game many times in the past, ignoring team orders, pushing Button off track several times, and he cries like a baby when a racing incident happens. At this rate he'll end up at Force India and it will be a well deserved earning at that.

He has literally crashed and burned since his sensational debut season where we saw this unbleivable driver. Seems like his farther was the only one who could sort him out. But your right "Monkey" he doesn't like it when the shoe is on the other foot does he?

I dont even know how to reply to this, Nico crashed into Lewis virtually taking him out of the race, and yet you all then criticise Hamilton??

And even say Merc are wasting money on Lewis because Nico is showing he can get the job done himself - wouldn't you agree that had Nico not driven like a Formula Ford teenager, there's a pretty strong chance Lewis would've won that race?

So far there have only been 2 races where the Mercs have fought each other for the win, and Lewis has won them both.

Even Jenson Button said yesterday that previously he'd always said the driver who wins the WDC is the guy who's done the best job on the circuit, but now he can no longer say that.

That's because Nico's contract runs out this year, Lewis's doesn't.