Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Button And Williams

We all know the 2014 McLaren is not fast. Dennis knows that, he has said so.

Button: best qualifying, P3, best race finish, P3. 68 Championship points, 31 more than his well regarded team mate, near enough double. 6th at Spa. 8th in the WDC in a car that clearly sucks.

I wish I was that spent.

That, of course, is ignoring the other things he brings to the team. I will not explain that, if you need an explanation you clearly do not get F1.

I was not a fan way back, I never saw him as a front runner, but in recent years I like the way he conducts himself and his results are generally better than the car deserves, except for 2010, which was a weapon in the first half of the season. He scored more points 2011-2013 than Lewis Hamilton, so I guess Hamilton is past it, too.

All in all, there is life in the old dog yet.

Same here, I never really saw him as a constant front runner until he was a handful for lewis and on a regular occassion. He has established himself as a fantastic all around driver, which I doubt anyone would mind having in there lineup.

What for ? Button got nothing left in his tank. He's SPENT

Oh no not this again loljump.gif

Same here, I never really saw him as a constant front runner until he was a handful for lewis and on a regular occassion. He has established himself as a fantastic all around driver, which I doubt anyone would mind having in there lineup.

Not even in 2004 when he was the only guy troubling the Ferraris?

I think he'd be an asset to any team but a setback might be his giant salary which several teams won't be able to come close to. He did take a big paycut for Brawn though

Yeah 2004 was Button's breakthrough year IMO. Dicing with the incredibly fast Ferrari's that season was great to watch as a 10 year old and he was only a second away from getting his 1st F1 victory, which went to Trulli that day at Monaco.

Jenson is still gold and more than capable of winning another WDC in the right car. Money is not important, staying in F1 and winning is. I have an idea that he may be heading for management id he can't drive. He did set up a company with his manager for that sole purpose two years ago.

That article is based on a comment made by Button which began with 'if.' It then makes a mountain out of a molehill.

The other if is Alonso. If Ferrari do not finish 3rd in the WCC, If he plays the get out card, if he thinks McLaren will be more competitive in 2015 than Ferrari and if he and Dennis can bury the hatchet, he might sign with McLaren.

If all that comes to pass, I think Button might be on a sticky wicket, but it is a hell of a lot of ifs.

Honestly, Mclaren would be brain dead to let him go. This is going to be a transition period for them, they need all the driver feedback they can get, I don't KM is all that experienced to deliver feedback to improve on what they already have, what has he got to compare it to? If Jenson has to go, it's injustice, to keep Massa on and loose Jenson all together. He has beaten every Mclaren team mate he has had.