Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Mattiacho Want Engine Freeze Lifted

Doesn't change anything. There's always going to be only a few teams able to win Grand Prix or titles and every few years the tide turns and other teams might enjoy some success. Doesn't really matter. Just a big circle.

True, but freezing PU development does not allow other teams to catch up. It was clear from the AGP, Jerez, that MGP were streets ahead and that was seasons's end, really.

I can do MGP being dominant for one season, probably because they are doing their best to c#ck it up, but two more?

That's true to, no one has a chance to improve. Bring back the days of "qualifying"engines,unlimited tyres and refuelling, heck just bring back the 90s

Ferrari's got a comparatively poor engine. It's easy why they want regulation changes. But they got themselves into this mess because they supported this regulation fever bullsht to begin with.

It is a mistake to now ask for more regulations or to ask for a change of existing regulations when the objective, again, is to improve the "show".

I think the key is that, in general, regulations meant to improve the "show" have ended up degrading racing. Well, here is a thought. Racing IS the show and if someone doesn't like racing, they can pick up the remote and change channels.

Ferrari's got a comparatively poor engine. It's easy why they want regulation changes. But they got themselves into this mess because they supported this regulation fever bullsht to begin with.

It is a mistake to now ask for more regulations or to ask for a change of existing regulations when the objective, again, is to improve the "show".

I think the key is that, in general, regulations meant to improve the "show" have ended up degrading racing. Well, here is a thought. Racing IS the show and if someone doesn't like racing, they can pick up the remote and change channels.

yep agree, Ferrari were one of if not the first team to back this new turbo era. Ferrari seem to be a victim of making there own rules then getting caught out by them. Wasn't it Schumacher who started the whole one move to defend and one move to return to racing line, then gets penalised for weaving? Can't remember, but this post made a bell ring but can't quite put my finger on it.

My thoughts exactly maure. Racing is racing, not something you pay to see at the West End. Futile trying to convert non-racing fans to racing via gimmicks. I literally do not know anyone who has started watching f1 in the last 5 years because it's more interesting than it used to be thanks to Kers, DRS, double points etc.

Honestly, it really lost its racing "appeal" when the new cars came in for 2009. Only thing good was the return of slicks.

I've ALWAYS hated with a passion engine freezes. At least with the aero side, all teams have a chance to try this or that new package. They might not get it right the first few races, but at least they can try and improve over the year. With engines it's all over red rover before the season even started. It's stupid. Ferrari make engines, Renault make engines, they make those engines for their own cars, and other re badged situations. It does not save money to freeze them. It hurts us as the fans to see a one horse race most of the year, and how can there be any excitement knowing what will most likely happen at the next GP. I'm glad Nico and Lewis are at war, at least I got something to look forward to at the next race.

Engine freezes are total BS. The teams have been spending more money trying to eek out minimal to no gains at all on the aero side of things, they are still spending the money, but it's giving them no returns because the narrow operating area they can work with is paper thing. I urge anyone to tell me how it's good for the sport for a company to be up 80-100hp in an engine over the others, and there being no chance in hell the other teams can tweak, modify, upgrade their engines, and tell me it's good for the sport, the fans and the show. That's why they have handicapping in horse racing, to at least try and attempt to level the playing field a small amount.

I Beleive they can modify to an extent but it very minimal.

Only the grounds of reliability. Thus if they have a bad design, or something keeps breaking, they can modify it.

Simply put, what are the teams supposed to do, to get any better? Paint the car in different colours, try only turning left when they walk in the garages. I mean the engine mechanics have little to nothing to do, whilst the aero guys are probably all riddled with ulcers and stress related illnesses.

Give the teams something, but going 12 months stuck with a bad design doesn't help anyone. Well done to Merc for building a good engine, but seriously this is so unbalanced. Something needs to happen to give the other teams a chance. And there's every possibility Merc could make an even better, faster engine, but give them all a chance to do something about it.