Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Honda Spreads Its Wings

He also said that the Honda PU will be well up to the speed of Mercedes. If Mclaren hasn't handed over a Mercedes PU to Honda yet id be very suprised.

Having worked in this area, I can tell you that would not happen on Ron's watch. Apart from the layers of confidentiality written into the Mercedes contract, It is not a. Honda's style and b. the 2007 'Ferarri-gate' fine [$100m] nearly ruined the company and team.

I honestly don't see why Ron would give a hoot about a company he will no longer affiliate with compared to who his future and success lies with.

all hyperthetical at the moment guys...... Honda COULD be a lemon !!!

Haha! You are joking, surely.

Actually, I'm not. Honda may have had data to look at but they do not need help building a V6 turbo. There are some protocols that are still respected, believe it or not.

Your faith in human nature is different from mine. One thing, so looking at the data is OK, but looking at the engine is not? Honda do not need help, obviously, but building one to compete with Mercedes is a different matter. Honda have a long history of building one other people's designs, ask the English motorcycle industry.