Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Vettel Explains 2014 Issues

So I must comend seb here, he simply is telling the truth. Seb has stated his lack of form is not be ause he hasn't got used to the car. He is simply struggling to drive a real race car so to speak from the way he describes how they handle. Atleast he is admitting it. Well done seb.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/501156/Vettel_explains_2014_struggles/

Well smarty pants you didnt have to comment that you already know, you just wanted us to know you did, didn't you?

In fairness to Seb he has kept a brave face all year long. And the fire still burns, after quali he was really disappointed cos he thought he could get pole.

Yeah that's right and I honestly felt sorry for seb, after the race in Singapore he came on the radio and said he did all he could possibly do. I respected that as it was honest and it was a very mature thing to say. Much respect over that one comment, he could easily let this get to him as he was basically in every podium in the last four years, but to take it like a win as he was just as satisfied after he did his absolute best,well done seb.

Ohh and one thing I might like to add, that's the first time I can remember seb not making a mistake while chasing, he did at one point towards the end due to worn tyres but in the past and especially a few races back at spa, seb makes this little but costly errors when he has to go all balls out to catch someone. Singapore he did real well and the early pace he had to stick with lewis was impressive.

Kimi's total lack of performance will always be one of the stories of 2014.

At singapore in quali he was finally up there trading times with Alonso and then something happened to his car I think which meant he couldnt do a final run. He was strong at Spa too. I'm not a huge fan but would love to see one of the 'big names' back up there, and rattling Alonso's cage too

Yeah but these are circuits kimi is naturally good at, that's his only strong point if the season so far.

If Spa is one of your strong circuits then you must be a good driver! Well we all know how good Kimi is, we've seen several seasons and several brilliant drives.

I know one theory is that he's simply not as good as we thought he was, but based on previous years we know he's not THAT bad!

Ohh no he is good, but not as good as some once thought and I always wondered what the fuss was about kimi tbh, never took to him, not even in his debut season when there was so much hype, because that sauber he drove wasn't a bad car either.

It's not really a surprise to learn that the only difference between ricciardo's and seb's car is "the nut behind the wheel". (ditto for kimi/alonso).

It's not really a surprise to learn that the only difference between ricciardo's and seb's car is "the nut behind the wheel". (ditto for kimi/alonso).

I'm not sure what you mean? Sorry I'm blonde.

Ohh no he is good, but not as good as some once thought and I always wondered what the fuss was about kimi tbh, never took to him, not even in his debut season when there was so much hype, because that sauber he drove wasn't a bad car either.

He was good in '01 but Heidfeld was better. In '02 Kimi was still being shown the way by DC most of the time but in '03 he really stepped up, dominated DC and came agonisingly close to his first WDC. Then in '04 he dragged the horrendous mclaren to the top step of the podium, whilst again DC struggled. We all remember '05, and in '06 he again made a winner out of a bad car.

In Ferrari it started going downhill (despite the WDC!) but at Lotus he was so consistent, was even in the title hunt for a while, just looks an entirely different driver. I'm still convinced he does have the ability to take the fight to Alonso. What I'm not sure of is whether he can be a*sed

This all comes down to the flexibility he had I Beleive. Ferrari would be so strict where as lotus would be bowing down to even have his sevices.

I think Raikkonen is coming to terms with the car. As Jem said, he was close to Alonso last weekend until something broke.

My problem is I do not see one more season in F1 motivating him.

Indeed, hence why I question whether he can be bothered to give as much as he did in years gone by.

Publically his comments sound like he's retiring after 2015. And will he be WDC in 2015? Very unlikely! It's like he needs a kick up the bum, but that may be a very harsh judgment, it's hard to know what goes on in Kimi's mind

So it's ok now to question kimis motivation? I thought about this ages ago and it only ruffled feathers when I mentioned it.

So it's ok now to question kimis motivation? I thought about this ages ago and it only ruffled feathers when I mentioned it.

I think that person just hasn't read this thread yet lol

I think that person just hasn't read this thread yet lol

Good point lol.

I'm not sure what you mean? Sorry I'm blonde.

He was good in '01 but Heidfeld was better. In '02 Kimi was still being shown the way by DC most of the time but in '03 he really stepped up, dominated DC and came agonisingly close to his first WDC. Then in '04 he dragged the horrendous mclaren to the top step of the podium, whilst again DC struggled. We all remember '05, and in '06 he again made a winner out of a bad car.

In Ferrari it started going downhill (despite the WDC!) but at Lotus he was so consistent, was even in the title hunt for a while, just looks an entirely different driver. I'm still convinced he does have the ability to take the fight to Alonso. What I'm not sure of is whether he can be a*sed. from memory in 2006 there was 5 winners, Michael, Fernando, Fisi, Massa and JB, Kimi did not win one race in 2006, Just puttin my 2 cents in, lol, Kimi is past his hey day, in 05 I think he was the fastest driver on earth, and the way he put JPM to shame was real impressive, his comeback has been a success however, but how well would have the lotus been in Lewis's or fernando's hands? I guess we will never know