Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull Are A Joke.

Here's a story I found where Christian Horner claims that both drivers are still in the hunt for the title. He also claims that IF daniel was much closer and seb mathematically out of the hunt, they would help dan, but it's a long shot he said. Wtf? Seriously, since when do teams go "ok we might go for the title if where mathimstically in for a chance" hypocritical just abit and in the one interview, lol. What a clown, is seb doing something behind closed doors with them or something? Because it seems no matter what or who beats him, the still favor seb. Should have let dan past in Singapore tbh.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/501835/Red_Bull_retain_title_hopes__Horner/

They made their decision in Abu Dhabi 2010.

Yeah, lol you mean turkey and Britain 2010?

Here's a story I found where Christian Horner claims that both drivers are still in the hunt for the title. He also claims that IF daniel was much closer and seb mathematically out of the hunt, they would help dan, but it's a long shot he said. Wtf? Seriously, since when do teams go "ok we might go for the title if where mathimstically in for a chance" hypocritical just abit and in the one interview, lol. What a clown, is seb doing something behind closed doors with them or something? Because it seems no matter what or who beats him, the still favor seb. Should have let dan past in Singapore tbh.

http://www.gptoday.c..._hopes__Horner/

Oh man why do I have to keep disagreeing with you so much recently!

I see no favouring of Seb here. If they told Seb to move over, that would be massively unfair, there would be uproar and rightly so. It's clear neither RBR driver has a realistic chance of the title although mathematically they're still in it (and that's all Horner said but the article obviously creates a headline out of it), so to move Seb out of the way would be ridiculous IMO.

I have to disagree, Dan is in a position to challenge and they have to. Who else can otherwise? I can't Beleive Redbull and Horner said something like this. Whats different to 2009 or 2010? Nothing and if they had this attitude then, they wouldn't be as succesful now. Just boggles my mind with a driver only a couple wins away from the lead and with the double points, arnt getting behind this. Have the final race results already been drawn out of a hat? Because that would be the only moral reason not to pursue the title. Yeah if there out of contention, but there not, especially dan. Absolute joke IMO. With that attitude, why did Redbull continue after Melbourne? Once the new how fast merc were, what would be the odds then that ricciardo would have won three races so far? See my point?

I'd say in 2009 and 2010 they were right in it, whereas in 2014 it's a massive longshot.

And they might work in the same way mclaren always did/do, which is that they will only apply team orders if the other driver is mathematically out of it.

I do see your point but I'm glad RBR aren't being like Ferrari used to be, cos it means the best guy wins on the day. If Dan is to be WDC then he needs to beat Seb too, it wouldn't be ideal to have him gaining free points from team orders

It just seems like Redbull are almost embarrassed by Daniels success.

Really? I disagree, Horner's been singing his praises all year, why would they be embarrassed by his success? Do you mean cos he's beating Seb, the golden one?

Yeah and there bending over backwards and making all sorts if excuses to protect sebs image, they have alot of drinks to sell you know and Australia is a tiny portion to Europe and the Americas.

Me neither, and it's only right that they should protect Seb, he's one of their drivers.

If there had been a team order to get Seb out of the way, then instead the world would suddenly speculate that Dan is suddenly the super-favourite within the team, it just wouldn't be fair. Seb beat Dan on the day and deserved his 2nd place.

If Dan ends up losing this WDC by 3 points then RBR may look silly but that is a very, very remote possiblity.

It's the "well see how we go" attitude that's had me gob smacked. I would agree in this situation if dan had not won any races. But he has and that has prooves that he will be the one to beat if the mercs run into trouble. Now don't you think with the issues that have already arrived let alone the possiblity of more, you don't think Redbull are playing to safe? I certainly do.

I think Horner's being realistic, which is that although both drivers have a mathematical chance of the title, it's hugely unlikely to happen.

I've not seen any pundit/driver question the fact that RBR didn't apply team orders in singapore, and I wouldn't expect to.

Plus we've seen earlier this year, and last year, what kind of reply RBR will get if they tell Seb to move over for a team-mate!

Seb never got booed until the "multi 21" incident, he acted like a dog there and this is what iam getting at comes into play. After a week or so, Redbull started backing seb stating they need all the points they can get for the championship. But he must have forgotten that they would finish first and second anyway. Now they say its hugely unlikely, that is true but IMO, you have to fight hard all the way till the end, reguardless the situation and outcome. If this was earlier in the season maybe I might agree with you guys, but with what,6 races to go and dan looking like he could do a kimi 07. IMO I would've let dan through as there wasn't much seperating and I even think dan was catching him. If the gap was bigger, then hold positions, but when there is a chance dan could be within 50 points of the title come Abu Dhabi, bet they would be kicking themselves if he was 53 and to make matters worse both mercs retiring is that so out of reach? I don't think so.

Fair points, although I think it would've been pointless asking Seb to move, he would've replied saying 'are you crazy? no!' and if they'd met before the race and said right if Seb is ahead of Dan near the end, Seb must move over, again Seb would've said noway why on earth should I do that? And in that scenario I'd have to agree with him.

In multi 21 he was an arrogant sh*t who should've been punished but the order that day was made to prevent a crash. RBR's 'mantra' has always been to let their drivers race, they would've caused a storm if they'd tried telling Seb to get out of the way. The F1 circus would be sympathising with Seb.

And even Kimi in '07 had far more of a realistic chance than Dan does this year, he's been best of the rest all year but he's still a long way behind

It's also there past, turkey 2010 which IMO was vettel's fault, webber gave him plenty of room while using the normal line coming out of the corner. Yet they sided with seb. Silverstone 2010, again sided with seb and then multi 21, where he self appointed himself to team boss and did what ever benifited him, yet walks unscathed, he did far far worse and got nothing compared to nico and the spa delema. That's what makes me deep down loathe Redbull I only support them because of my countrymen.

I do admit all those past episodes annoyed me at the time too - especially multi 21! They stuck up for him despite him directly refusing their orders and risking a collision. Behaved like a child.

But singapore, I still don't agree that he was being protected, favoured, or anything else. I think you'll struggle to find many here who will agree that there should've been an order to let Dan through.

Like Andy said, to have done so would be hugely demotivating for Seb when he needs all the support he can get, and would be a huge blow to the guy who has just won 4 titles on the trot for them, and all over 3 points - not worth it!

Yeah true, or the other possiblity is they know dan will get them back over seb anyway? Still it doesn't fit right. Dan was struggling with car issues and seb with severe tyre wear yet seb could still slowly pull away. At that point is when they should hold position. But was it the right thing to do right at the end when ricciardo was right with seb and could have had the possiblity of being passed by alonso all over 3 points that could've turned into 6. That's why I Beleive Redbull should've let him through. Again if the gap was bigger then yes, hold position, but not when seb is basically holding dan up , risking getting overtaken by alonso when he alone is 60 something points behind ricciardo, let alone Rosberg and Hamilton. That's my point iam trying to make but it's all good.

Another thing, who cares if its going to be a kick in the guts to him, have people forgotten what Redbull and Vettel did to webber in the past? See seb wants people to sacrifice for him but he won't return the favor. That's what I learnt from multi 21 and the time he spent with Webber.

I suppose if Dan was at risk of losing 3rd and was being held up, then that does change things a bit.

I hadn't noticed that - but I had to make do for just a highlights show, seeing as stupid BBC gave up half the 'live' rights to Sky a couple of years ago.

He was right with vettel at the end, separated by tenths and alonso was right on the back of dan.