Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Sainz To Str

For me, this is a disaster waiting to happen. I am fully supportive of giving youngsters a go early in their career and Marko may well believe these guys are ready but are the rest of the field? A driver team with a combined age of 37 and zero F1 race experience is a serious safety hazard for all involved. The FIA is beginning to worry the crap out of me. I see carbon fibre and broken cars everywhere. I hope not. It does set a precedent though. JEV is a fine driver but he's in the wrong scheme. Is F1 become Super Kart? The whole bloody circus has turned into a massive comedy of errors with an ageing clown leading the ring. God bloody help us.

This sort of misunderstanding is common. For example, Hamilton won the title, that is, a British won the title, not the British won the title. Rosberg lost the title, that is, a German lost the title, not the Germans lost the title.

So TR will have a 17 and a 20 year old drivers.

This does not mean that TR will have any 17 and 20 year old at the wheel. Not even a representative from those age groups. Not a random pick either.

TR will have two specific individuals. And these individuals have been in motor racing for years. Their work is on the record.

Judge them by that record.

This sort of misunderstanding is common. For example, Hamilton won the title, that is, a British won the title, not the British won the title. Rosberg lost the title, that is, a German lost the title, not the Germans lost the title.

So TR will have a 17 and a 20 year old drivers.

This does not mean that TR will have any 17 and 20 year old at the wheel. Not even a representative from those age groups. Not a random pick either.

TR will have two specific individuals. And these individuals have been in motor racing for years. Their work is on the record.

Judge them by that record.

A generous philosophy and reasonable hypothesis. However, please remember that motor racing means racing a motorised vehicle not necessarily a F1 car with more torque that the Roadrunner on amphetamines.

Yeah it is getting a touch out of hand, I was very Critical of Verstappen but if he can option a licence and drive these cars which he has prooven in recent practice sessions and quite quick mind you, why not give him a shot?

Indeed.

The fact is that F1 has had some really, really bad drivers (gentlemen & gentlewomen drivers, pay drivers, etc).

I think these kids' record do them credit and puts them in a sufficiently worthy category. It is difficult to say if they will manage to survive but that is always a question with all drivers.

Anyway, I'm not blind to RBR's bottom line (marketing) and the manipulation of these young drivers to attract a certain audience. We've also seen far worse from the hype machine (and continue to see). But RBR also has a lot to lose if they screw up the selection. I reckon that covering their arses was their first priority. I could be wrong, of course.

What ultimately did it for me is the disastrous state of the field. An entire generation of drivers have been turned into hyped jokes. We need fresh blood. Literally.

Not in bernies eyes, he sayes he couldn't care less about young "new" f1 fans as they don't have the money to attend races. His senile brain has failed to realise that majority of the field is under 30 years of age. Like you mentioned before, there not going to throw just any kid in the seat. No matter there age, they have to proove themselves and Redbull/toro rosso's recent run of young drivers who turn out to be the sports next superstars, I think there picks are mostly better than worse. Sadly for vergne though, he only turned up the wick once he knew he could loose his seat. If he drove his career like the last few races of this season, he might have had a different outcome.

You know, I don't mind the "quick" turn around. In fact, there is a long list of drivers I would let go yesterday. F1 is a very small field and the talent pool is large. Let the new guys in to show what they've got. It is not as if it would, in general, make results any less credible than those we've got now.

Ecclestone has always been a ridiculous man. I wonder if he ever knew. It's too late now anyway and, frankly, no one gives a sht anymore.

I expect him to continue streaking across the paddock blissfully unaware.

You know, I don't mind the "quick" turn around. In fact, there is a long list of drivers I would let go yesterday. F1 is a very small field and the talent pool is large. Let the new guys in to show what they've got. It is not as if it would, in general, make results any less credible than those we've got now.

Ecclestone has always been a ridiculous man. I wonder if he ever knew. It's too late now anyway and, frankly, no one gives a sht anymore.

I expect him to continue streaking across the paddock blissfully unaware.

Sorry if it offended.

He does my head in, I can't understand how they can run under such a terrorist like regime. Why don't they refuse to race until he steps down? Even we can see what he has done and is doing to the sport. I hate him with a passion.

Tch tch Maure. Of course the British won the title, just like we won the war! boxing.gif

Don't mention the war, I did once, but think I got away with it :D

No worries.

And, btw, don't forget that those kids got superlicenses somehow. It's not just Red Bull chasing the unweaned demographics. The big guns are into it too, including Warhol's little sister.

So Sainz will get to show whether he was right to be publically peeved about being overlooked originally in favour of Max.

An entire generation of drivers have been turned into hyped jokes. We need fresh blood. Literally.

Yes but if Max and Carlos are half good then they're bound to end up as hyped jokes too. In fact, Max already is. Far less pressure on Carlos methinks.

I'm not too concerned with age, the same concerns have been raised before and nothing happened, but then Grosjean entered F1 with a few more years under his belt than these babies, and he still crashed into everyone in sight

I'm not sure I understand!

Yeah Max has prooven he can handle the cars and is quite quick to. I was massively skeptical about him but he seems like he can do the job. The one thing with sainz joining, two rookies, watch how hard they push each other.

It could be great but being fast in practice is one thing, I mean Suzie Wolff did a good job at silverstone, but wheel to wheel racecraft is where the concern may lay. As I said though I don't have much concern there due to previous examples who have always been fine

Yes but if Max and Carlos are half good then they're bound to end up as hyped jokes too. In fact, Max already is. Far less pressure on Carlos methinks.

Not really. There is hype and there is hype.

When bad results are justified by blaming the girlfriend, the dog, or a budding tap dancing career, then you've got a problem. Far worse things have happened, some criminal, to then be systematically hidden by hype. Meanwhile, other things that have never happened are still being hyped as absolute truths.

The result is, for example, Vettel. He was a great, awesome promise that, first, went to break every record so that, second, he could be utterly and completely destroyed by a guy hired to be in charge of his chamber pot.

I'm not sure I understand!

These guys are being questioned on their age. I say that their age is not an issue. Many human beings share it. The issue is who they are as individuals.

As I said, it is not uncommon to confuse specific people with generalizations. Thus, and for example, it is said that a nation wins or loses when, in fact, who wins is a single person that happens to have a certain nationality.