Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Official - Alonso Will Not Race In Melbourne

WTF is going on, firstly all the hazy accident details and then Fernando uploads a video of himself telling the world he's completely fine and will be racing in Melbourne, and now this announcement.

Why do Mclaren always do this to themselves (the shoddy PR I mean).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31713292

Told ya. It's a conspiracy the whole of f1 nowadays. The cover up of bianchi, who hears about him anymore? Then they brag about not a single fatality since senna in 94, when we all know it could happen today as Senna's was a freak accident. Why is there all these coverups? If that's the case, should alonso still be racing after his concussion in brazil 2003? There's a risk every single time they go out, what I make out of this is there worried alonso might say something before they have a chance to speak about it publically.

There's something we simply don't know. Maybe the accident was more serious than it was said or they keep things private until the investigation is finished. Whatever, but Alonso missing Aus GP don't match the story they told us.

Perhaps Alonso will enjoy being away from that death-trap of a car for a little longer. He must be wondering if he needs all this crap. The season's not even started yet, and Ron his back to the dark arts of PR mismanagement.

Get well soon Alonso.

Well they said after the accident and alonso came to, he still thought he was a Ferrari driver.

Just wondering if Alonso is now having second thoughts on driving the McLaren.....Maybe he thinks it's a dog???

Mclaren have admitted he was unconscious before he hit the wall, but are saying its a driver error miss judging the wind. Then a pic is released show a significant burn mark level with his head just out side the c#ckpit, like an electrical burn. Why won't they just tell the truth? It just boggles my mind they try cover it up. You don't spend three days in icu if your "absolutly fine" do you? I understand they worried about "second impact syndrome" where if he so happens to have a big accident , they damage could be worse or even fatal. That I understand, but why say his fine and make him miss the first race, if that's not the real story? I smell a small white haired rat called Bernie.

And I thought it was already difficult to get interested in the 2015 season.

Concussions are complex injuries and dangerous as hell. So wishing the man well is the thing to do.

McLaren, geez, what a dump. RD could get lost chasing that fvck none of us give about him.

Anyways... at least we still have Ricciardo.

Mclaren have admitted he was unconscious before he hit the wall, but are saying its a driver error miss judging the wind. Then a pic is released show a significant burn mark level with his head just out side the c#ckpit, like an electrical burn. Why won't they just tell the truth? It just boggles my mind they try cover it up. You don't spend three days in icu if your "absolutly fine" do you? I understand they worried about "second impact syndrome" where if he so happens to have a big accident , they damage could be worse or even fatal. That I understand, but why say his fine and make him miss the first race, if that's not the real story? I smell a small white haired rat called Bernie.

Had to wade in here. Did not see any statement from McLaren saying he was unconscious before he hit the wall. Must have missed that. I don't thing he will race for a while. Either he was overcome by fumes or hit his head several time as he scraped along the wall. He can't remember it for sure and even in the mildest circumstances, loss of consciousness, temporary amnesia and/or concussion requires a minimum four weeks recovery in any sport. We have seen other drivers in bigger shunts get up and walk away. Alonso didn't and there is something to that. Woking are being really dumb about the whole thing and Boullier now looks like the amateur he really is. Jens is carrying this team now and he'll get them going but the fact that Honda couldn't get their Sh#t together in a whole year with simple stuff like seals etc. completely mystifies me. This all smacks of a recent season where Woking went ultra radical with the car and lost all the momentum they had built in the previous season. No one else has and the pecking order remains the same with a positive step up from Ferrari and consequently, Sauber. At this rate, Haas will probably be quicker than McLaren in the next pre-season. They are trying to cram 5 years development into three months of pre-season and it will never work. Dennis is a liability, Alonso is wondering if his career is at an end and a head or two must roll. Has to.

I just read this article claiming alonso took a 600w shock prior to the accident.

http://www.gptoday.c...k_600_watt_hit/

Yes, I read that but it's pure conjecture and McLaren aren't party to it. Personally, I believe the concussion story is fiction and there was an 'engineering' anomaly that caused Alonso some harm. Sure, he probably took a whack to the head as well but that's a scan-and-go job. He was disorientated and confused and Seb said it didn't look like a normal shunt. They didn't get out him out of the car for a while. McLaren said in an early PR that it was NOT concussion and he would be fine. Clearly, that is bollocks. To be quite honest, he probably doesn't trust the car at all at this time and I don't think he'll drive it for some time.

Yes, I read that but it's pure conjecture and McLaren aren't party to it. Personally, I believe the concussion story is fiction and there was an 'engineering' anomaly that caused Alonso some harm. Sure, he probably took a whack to the head as well but that's a scan-and-go job. He was disorientated and confused and Seb said it didn't look like a normal shunt. They didn't get out him out of the car for a while. McLaren said in an early PR that it was NOT concussion and he would be fine. Clearly, that is bollocks. To be quite honest, he probably doesn't trust the car at all at this time and I don't think he'll drive it for some time.

Good post mate, very intresting indeed.

The car trust issue is too over the top. Consider what it implies. Button is gonna drive that same car. So is Magnussen.

If there are problems with the car, the kind of problems that disable a driver while racing, it is criminal to put those two on what could be a flying coffin hurling itself against other drivers, marshals, and public.

I think Alonso's decision to go along with the doctors is more realistic and more devastating, namely, he's given up on the season already and missing a race amounts to nothing.

And, btw, if the car is at fault, McLaren is lying to its drivers for, otherwise, even if Magnussen would be forced to accept a seat on a radioactive Lada, Button would say "fvck no!".

So, either McLaren is lying to everyone (RD has done it before) or this is all on Alonso, meaning, something happened to him, meaning, something is happening to him, meaning, there is something medically wrong with the guy. If the first case is true, the team will undo itself eventually as it did in '07. If the second case is true, Alonso's career is over.

The car trust issue is too over the top. Consider what it implies. Button is gonna drive that same car. So is Magnussen.

If there are problems with the car, the kind of problems that disable a driver while racing, it is criminal to put those two on what could be a flying coffin hurling itself against other drivers, marshals, and public.

I think Alonso's decision to go along with the doctors is more realistic and more devastating, namely, he's given up on the season already and missing a race amounts to nothing.

And, btw, if the car is at fault, McLaren is lying to its drivers for, otherwise, even if Magnussen would be forced to accept a seat on a radioactive Lada, Button would say "fvck no!".

So, either McLaren is lying to everyone (RD has done it before) or this is all on Alonso, meaning, something happened to him, meaning, something is happening to him, meaning, there is something medically wrong with the guy. If the first case is true, the team will undo itself eventually as it did in '07. If the second case is true, Alonso's career is over.

I did not say there were problems but perhaps Alonso had an experience that makes him think there are.

Well Sergio Perez who had that massive high speed accident at Monaco a few years back said he just jumped straight into the car at Canada a few weeks after the accident and he said it so much harder to withstand the g forces while you recovery from a brain injury like concussion. Maybe the same thing will happen to alonso and he knows.

"Auto Motor und Sport claims the telemetry shows Alonso’s highest speed in the corner as 215kph, but then he inexplicably hit the brakes, downshifted, but maintained apparent control of the Honda-powered MP4-30.

Once his speed dropped to 135kph, Alonso steered to the right and struck the wall at 105kph. It is this that Sebastian Vettel observed as “strange”.

It is known that Alonso was at some point unconscious, but the car was only lightly damaged and the 33-year-old’s helmet showed not a single scratch.

What the FIA has reportedly ruled out is the electric shock theory, backed not only by the telemetric evidence but also because Alonso’s medical tests showed no sign of a symptomatic enzyme."

http://www.grandprix...n-for-malaysia/

Done on purpose?? Alonso's character is so dodgy I would definitely NOT rule it out. The poster who commented at the bottom is not alone in that thinking, rumours are swirling around the JA website too...

McLaren team management has been shocking since RG and Boullier took the reins. The non-sensical drama over the second driver, sacking a rookie for the second consecutive year, another radical car that doesn't work and now the Alonso saga. For me, signing Alonso was a waste of money - it will be 2016/7 before this new car starts to dominate - if ever and Magnussen would have been perfectly adequate to take on what is basically a dev role for the driver team this year. If Honda insisted on a marquee signing then they should have been ready to rock from the get-go. Perhaps Alonso has a med problem and he will be sitting out until McLaren are assured they didn't buy damaged goods. Who the hell knows?

It's bizarre that's for sure. I think alonso wants to race and wants to race now, but on advice given, he chose to sit out. Now I Beleive for one that its because he already knows Mercedes wont be touched and everyone else like Ferrari,Redbull, Williams and Mclaren will all fight for the rest so there is no point rushing back. But he will be behind the wheel in Malaysia IMO. The other thing I can't wait to see is if Mclaren do indeed change there livery before Melbourne like Dennis said they would. Alonso knows he can get those maximum 16 points for third any other time as third is the best any other team can achieve as Mercedes set there fastest times in testing just on softs, while everyone else set there's on super softs. They also claimed to only use one engine for the entire testing program. If these rumors are true, it's just a fight for 3rd or lower until Mercedes fault again.

Yes, well, RD has now admitted Alonso got seriously hurt and there was a cover up. It also now seems that Nando is weighing up his long term options beyond the weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't see him until the Spanish GP in May. The other option is a walk away from this contract altogether with a year out or retirement. I still think there is an inherent fault in the car's design and it will be just making up the numbers for the time being. Perhaps FA has decided he will let JB and the team get it sorted out before he drives it again. Who knows? The guy got shook up and at 33 that could be enough to ring the changes. Thank God they re-signed Button.

The fact that Alonso is not in Australia speaks volumes. Surely his presence would still be desired by the team and sponsors.

He's either much more ill than we think, in which case he's not racing any time soon. Or, he just doesn't fancy that car , in which case he may walk.

RD cannot change, he's always been a devious guy. But that is all so 70's now

He would be almost 100% fit just the second impact syndrome there worried about. If he takes another knock to the head while healing from a concussion, it could have drastic effects. That's the sole reason he isn't driving.

Confirmed, Alonso will race in Malaysia. I use the word 'race' loosely, I think the only person he'll be racing is Jenson.

Yeah well unless this "de-tuned" engine is going to be at full pecker then yeah they'll be at the back.