Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Could Lewis Be Of The Maranello?

Yeah definatly, but he has never hinted he has had a desire to join Ferrari has he? Just weird though he hasn't inked a new deal yet, Mercedes say its all about done just working in the "details" I wonder what those are? Number one status maybe, what details are there? You either give him the money he wants over the time he wants or you don't. I just don't understand these supposide details.

Yeah maybe but it would be a car related performance clause like alonso's and ferraris I would say. I couldn't see lewis at Ferrari, well not why seb is there anyway, just to big a budget to fork out for salaries, not that Ferrari can't afford it but it just wouldn't make any sense, plus I dare say seb has number one status so if that is the case, he would make an uproar if the wanted to sign lewis. Lewis wouldn't play second fiddle to seb and visa versa.

Intresting story this:

http://www.gptoday.c...ove_to_Ferrari/

Whats your take guys?

It would be an issue of who pays the most. Hamilton is smart that way (or greedy, if you prefer, I don't). The contract with Mercedes is struggling for that reason. If Ferrari goes for huge money, Hamilton will sign up.

Who wouldn't? After all, don't forget that the value of championships has been hugely devaluated by Vettel's catastrophic meltdown against Ricciardo. Add to that, that last season most of the talk was about how good the Mercedes car was and about where would each driver go. So you might as well get paid as much as possible if the car is good enough. Then, just sit and wait for the supercar.

It would be an issue of who pays the most. Hamilton is smart that way (or greedy, if you prefer, I don't). The contract with Mercedes is struggling for that reason. If Ferrari goes for huge money, Hamilton will sign up.

Who wouldn't? After all, don't forget that the value of championships has been hugely devaluated by Vettel's catastrophic meltdown against Ricciardo. Add to that, that last season most of the talk was about how good the Mercedes car was and about where would each driver go. So you might as well get paid as much as possible if the car is good enough. Then, just sit and wait for the supercar.

How do you think it would work out though? I mean Vettel and Hamilton in the same team. Then who would go to Mercedes? Ricciardo to partner Rosberg you think? Something tells me that Mercedes would hold onto Rosberg more so than Hamilton and for two reasons. 1- he is cheaper and still gets decent results and 2- on paper he is German so that would have to help car sales back in Germany you would think. Or another wild scenario is button retiring and lewis returning back to Mclaren. He timed mercs success well maybe he would do the same with Mclaren, wait till there about to peak. Sounds crazy I know but it's another scenario to think about. After all he said he wants to go back but how much truth is in that statement?

How do you think it would work out though? I mean Vettel and Hamilton in the same team. Then who would go to Mercedes? Ricciardo to partner Rosberg you think? Something tells me that Mercedes would hold onto Rosberg more so than Hamilton and for two reasons. 1- he is cheaper and still gets decent results and 2- on paper he is German so that would have to help car sales back in Germany you would think. Or another wild scenario is button retiring and lewis returning back to Mclaren. He timed mercs success well maybe he would do the same with Mclaren, wait till there about to peak. Sounds crazy I know but it's another scenario to think about. After all he said he wants to go back but how much truth is in that statement?

Mercedes is getting a taste of what it means to be forced to always deliver a supercar (since they lack a superdriver). Based on last season's performance, the candidates for that potentially free Mercedes car would have been Ricciardo or Alonso. I mean if driver performance mattered, which hardly ever does.

In any case, Alonso gave up on Mercedes and Ricciardo is struggling. I mean, of course, he is struggling for a superdriver. But if your compatriot gets back on form, Mercedes (or anyone) would be imbeciles not to sign him up.

Rosberg is a better driver than he is showing. And, yes, he's also good for marketing. I say they should fire Lauda starting yesterday.

Hamilton has gotten used to say whatever fancy crosses his mind because the press hardly ever challenges him. So he thinks greatly of himself but most of what he says can be discarded as self-promotion and (silly) head-games.

McLaren continues to be a sewer... and I hope Ferrari is going in the opposite direction.

Good post but do you think Redbull's performance is due to a lack of form on ricciardos behalf? Iam not being biased but I don't think it is, the car is crap for starters and the engine is no good either. Based on what we have seen, I think ricciardo is wringing the neck of what is a super turkey of a car and seems to bring it home in the points even if its 9th or so. I feel he is still strong and the best of the non merc powered cars. But what iam intrested to see is if dan can turn it around basing it on the development side. Only time will tell I suppose.

Good post but do you think Redbull's performance is due to a lack of form on ricciardos behalf? Iam not being biased but I don't think it is, the car is crap for starters and the engine is no good either. Based on what we have seen, I think ricciardo is wringing the neck of what is a super turkey of a car and seems to bring it home in the points even if its 9th or so. I feel he is still strong and the best of the non merc powered cars. But what iam intrested to see is if dan can turn it around basing it on the development side. Only time will tell I suppose.

You are right, of course. The RBR is sht. In fact, it is such sht that the team is openly nervous about it (see the blame thrown at Renault). In a sense, they are coming to realize what a huge save for them was Ricciardo last year.

But this year, the bad got worse and when this happens, everything gets pushed a little more than it should. So worse comes to worst.

Ricciardo is holding in there but so is Kvyat. Granted, the rookie is some 8 or 9 points behind.

It is still too early to tell but, so far, there are no superdrivers this season. The last two ones are not delivering yet and no one else is stepping up. So Ricciardo needs to do better, come what may. You know the "hero to zero" expression. The next handful of races are crucial for him.

Iam not to sure i mean everyone knows the issues Redbull and Renault are having so if ricciardo keeps his nose clean and does the best he can, I think many will over look the issues and say "well, he gave it everything and put all his cards on the table". Making a mockery of f1's love child Vettel last season who in turn made a complete mockery of the sport from 2010-13, I think ricciardo still holds alot of merit and this season will be watched very closly be future employers who fancy the Aussies services. I think realistically, this season won't damage his reputation unless kvyat pulls a rabbit out and goes ricciardo on ricciardo if you know what I mean?

Perhaps you are right and Ricciardo can already move to cruise control. I hope he realizes he really can't. We already have a paddock full of guys waiting for their turn at the supercar. If he does not crush Kvyat, he would become another warm body, one of a bunch of them.

I say, shine bright, mathafacka! Nothing else counts.

Yep absolutley he can't get complacent although I don't think he will. But surely beating a 4x champ, not just beating him but smoking him would have to bring a massive load of confidence and he has to keep his cool. He is doing well with what he has and that's all we can ask for I suppose.

It's a win - win situation for Hammy. Merc want to retain him and Ferrari have not dismissed the rumours ( and the present Ferrari regime seems more transparent than previous). I'm sure he'll wait until the European season to see where all the teams stand, then he can pick and choose.

If he stays with Merc , he'll still get loads of cash and a shot at another title.

Should he go to Ferrari, he will get more cash, slightly less chance of titles - but the possibility of being a champ with THREE different constructors may well appeal to his ego.

I would love to have his problems!

Yeah good analysis DPR, it would be intresting indeed.

Ferrari still doesn't want to sign Kimi for 2016. Looks like they want the big fish. They are going down the wrong road. They are not going to like it.

Apparently his contract now has an extension for 2016 but it has to be Ferrari that activates it, don't know what that means. I had a funny feeling something was up because it didnt take this long to sign Hamilton to Mercedes in the first place. It was a wham bam done deal. This time it seems to be stalling abit and I know Wolff rekins it's a done deal just focussing on minor details but how much of that is actually true? Maybe Ferrari are getting ready to make an offer if they haven't done so already. Would kimi go to Mercedes? Or would he retire? Or possibly go back to Mclaren if Mclaren don't retain button? But IMO Mclaren would be out if the picture as he would just be stepping back into a scenario like last season. Lots of question marks floating around already. But I don't think I've ever heard Hamilton say he has desire to drive for Ferrari. I know must drivers would love the opportunity but it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Even if Lewis wants to drive for Ferrari , why would Ferrari want to partner Lewis and vettel. Both needs to be treated as No:1 . Ferrari s tradition is always they would have a no1 and a no 2. If somehow Ferrari lure Lewis then that is going to end like Mclaren 2007. Lewis knows it , vettel knows it unless ferrari have a different plan. lets see

That's what I said the other day but looks like lewis wants mega bucks and if Ferrari offer him what he wants then anything can happen. Besides lewis rekins he doesn't need number one status. Which I think is bs, who wouldn't want priority on parts and strategy if they offer it.

Lewis has said a few times recently that everything is agreed and it's literally just the lawyers doing their final bits, there are no sticking points.

As for this Ferrari rumour, looks like a non-story to me. Everyone involved has said its nonsense & there doesn't appear to be any decent source for the rumour anyway.

As for Kvyat I've always said he's over-rated. He did ok last year but nothing special, Vergne led the team, and Kvyat is at RBR purely by being in the right place at the right time

Ricciardo is making kvyat look abit ordinary isn't he? I mean the Redbull car is puss but atleast ricciardo is scoring something with it. As for lewis I mean he is your local lad so iam sure you would know abit more than most of us about the situation, so maybe your right there bud.

I just think 99% of GPtoday stories are a load of rubbish in which the journalism is desperate. The sources for the info are always atrocious or virtually non-existent.

Ricciardo is making kvyat look abit ordinary isn't he? I mean the Redbull car is puss but atleast ricciardo is scoring something with it.

Hell yes, he is pwning him something crazy.