Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Rbr. Kyvat And Ricci. Much Respect.

Take a bow RBR. Giving back the place to Kvyat was full on class. I hope people give RBR the respect they deserve on this one and let pass incidents and Webber/Vettel issues die once and for all. This is a different era and they deserve applauds.

Deniatly, kvyat was faster today and deserved to be ahead of ricciardo. Good to see them let daniel have a crack due to the fresher tyres, he made heaps of ground but couldn't do anything about it and it was fair to return the favor back to kvyat. It takes two drivers to play fair and they both put the team ahead of themselves.

Lol, no way. But that rivalry between lewis and nico goes back beyond f1.

Yeah all the way back to Niki giving Lewis rides in his private yet some years back. Even if Lewis beats Nico on track, off track Nico looks to have a far more grounded life. Lewis just collects gold chains...

Yeah all the way back to Niki giving Lewis rides in his private yet some years back. Even if Lewis beats Nico on track, off track Nico looks to have a far more grounded life. Lewis just collects gold chains...

Very true, even Damon hill said the same thing.

*private jet!! not private yet lol

Yeah it's clear to me off track Lewis is aimless. Everytime I see the huge gold chain of his, I fully expect to see his boxers showing and his pants hanging around his a##. Maturity maybe something he never gains.

Nico is now married to a total hottie and I think will be alot more happier in his post F1 life than Lewis will be even during his current F1 career.

On the last lap of a Grand Prix, I think Seb for instance would have said too bad, but Danny Ric showing how much of a gentleman he is, n I hope Danny K repays the favour some day, I some how doubt he will though

Whilst Vettel did say something along those lines last year, he still yielded to Ricci. Vettel has a wicked sense of humour so he may very well have had a mischievous smile under that helmet of his.

Kvyat already showed his class by letting Ricci through. And Ricci likewise gave the space back. Neither owe each other anything I feel.

No they don't owe each other anything and its not going to change anything, if anything it helps kvyat nail some big points as to date he only has 5, he has a few more now though:

I think Ric could take Kvyat ,but they decided to play it this way! Ric was saving his engine and tyres at first stint ,he said it so, just like last year most of the races, and pushing it during last stint! But this is Monaco, very strange track!

Not to mention he is on his last engine already.

I agree on the respect to both DR, DK and the team. Somehow I'm not sure either of them would be so 'gentlemanly' if they were fighting for the Championship.

Probably true, but then again if that was the case, RBR wouldn't have ordered Kvyat to let Ricci past I don't think. No team has ordered such a thing since the bad old days of Ferrari with Schumi and Rubens. Modern teams have of course done team orders, but it's been when the other is mathmatically out of the running.

Kvyat drove well but I don't think ricciardo was truly on it to after the safety car. Him being on his last engine, he would have been driving at about 90% and I think the pace he had after the safety car prooves this as he was able to close on lewis who had fresh tyres and couldn't pass Vettel.

Well, both Ham and Ricci were behind Ferraris, Ricci got past Kimi, Lewis didn't pass Seb. I'm gonna suggest that Ricci was on it 100%.

Well, both Ham and Ricci were behind Ferraris, Ricci got past Kimi, Lewis didn't pass Seb. I'm gonna suggest that Ricci was on it 100%.

After the safety car he was once he could sniff a chance, but prior to that he wasnt. What you think

About the pass on kimi? I thought kimi left room and turned in at the last moment and wasnt expecting dan to try fit in there and it's only the experience of kimi that stopped an accident IMO. I don't think dan expected kimi to turn in either I think he thought kimi saw him. It wasnt intentional.

After the safety car he was once he could sniff a chance, but prior to that he wasnt. What you think

About the pass on kimi? I thought kimi left room and turned in at the last moment and wasnt expecting dan to try fit in there and it's only the experience of kimi that stopped an accident IMO. I don't think dan expected kimi to turn in either I think he thought kimi saw him. It wasnt intentional.

Thats what I don't understand about racing rules. Now I prefer Kimi to come out on top of Dan, but in this case this is what I think.

If the driver behind, can get their car inside the driver in front, they deserve to be there and must be avoided. This incident with Kimi, it was Kimis job to give way to Dan. Why? Because Dan was under control, and he was in Kimis way. He wasn't crashing or sliding or out of control. he was faster, and braked harder.

How many bl00dy times have we seen the guy up the inside blamed for a crash because the leader turns in on him. If he's in control, he should have the right of way.

They always talk about "This guy had the racing line, so its up to the guy behind to get out of the way". Well you know what. I call BULLSH1T. If the guy attacking from behind has his car under control, and has an overlap, it should be up to the guy in front to give him racing room, not the other way around. You want to fix whats wrong with no overtaking, there's your first GODDA4MN STEP.

Yeah well said, same with alonso, he had the inside and was well and truly alongside Hulkenberg when the touched and alonso got a penalty, that wasnt fair IMO, if he was dive bombing then yeah but the move was basically completed. How was that move by Verstappen on Maldonado, how they didnt touch was unbelievable.

"Yeah it's clear to me off track Lewis is aimless. Everytime I see the huge gold chain of his, I fully expect to see his boxers showing and his pants hanging around his a##. Maturity maybe something he never gains.

Nico is now married to a total hottie and I think will be alot more happier in his post F1 life than Lewis will be even during his current F1 career."

So because Lewis likes to wear a gold chain he must be immature? I doubt that you are honestly that narrow minded that you judge people by their appearance and assume that Lewis must be unhappy because he's unmarried, surely. Do you consider all jewellery-wearing males to be immature then?

Yeah well said, same with alonso, he had the inside and was well and truly alongside Hulkenberg when the touched and alonso got a penalty, that wasnt fair IMO, if he was dive bombing then yeah but the move was basically completed. How was that move by Verstappen on Maldonado, how they didnt touch was unbelievable.

I believe that Alonso lost the rear end and slid into Hulk which is why he was penalised. In regards to Ricci, my understanding of the rules say that if the front tyre of the car trying to overtake is inline with the rear tyre of the car infront, then he is deemed to be along side, therefore the car in front has to allow room. What Ricci did was not a penalty, look at Bianchi at last years Monaco, he just about pushed Kobayashi out of the way and wasn't penalised.

"Yeah it's clear to me off track Lewis is aimless. Everytime I see the huge gold chain of his, I fully expect to see his boxers showing and his pants hanging around his a##. Maturity maybe something he never gains.

Nico is now married to a total hottie and I think will be alot more happier in his post F1 life than Lewis will be even during his current F1 career."

So because Lewis likes to wear a gold chain he must be immature? I doubt that you are honestly that narrow minded that you judge people by their appearance and assume that Lewis must be unhappy because he's unmarried, surely. Do you consider all jewellery-wearing males to be immature then?

Yes that's exactly what I said and meant about the gold chain, NOT.

Lewis looks like a total knob, that's my point. Yet he's the focal point of Merc, their ambassador. Regardless of gold chains, stupid hair cuts or strange "friends", he doesn't look happy. His life is not grounded. You don't have to be married to be grounded. Don't take my word for it if you like. Damon Hill said the same thing. His physical appearance is secondary to how he's acting and portraying himself.

Yes that's exactly what I said and meant about the gold chain, NOT.

Lewis looks like a total knob, that's my point. Yet he's the focal point of Merc, their ambassador. Regardless of gold chains, stupid hair cuts or strange "friends", he doesn't look happy. His life is not grounded. You don't have to be married to be grounded. Don't take my word for it if you like. Damon Hill said the same thing. His physical appearance is secondary to how he's acting and portraying himself.

Exactly and Damon has been exposed to many eras of formula one. It's like seeing a young Schumi back in the day wearing mc hammer pants, just wouldn't happen, seems this "class" of being an f1 driver hasn't intrested him and that's the thing, he can do as he likes but like you said monkey, he is the face of a major company but of merc is fine with it then I guess it's fine, even if people think it doesn't fit the criteria.