Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Boring, Uninspiring, Depressing.

Monaco was a boring, crappy, procession, even worse than usual, full of rookie mistakes and stupid team decisions.

Formula 1 is just full of rich w@nkers who care only about their own bullsh1t. I hope viewers plummet, I hope people stop following this crap. I hope someone comes up with a decent alternative series.

Kimi is showing his age which for me is sad but there's no-one cool to replace him, except maybe Ricciardo. Vettel is just a tool, comes across as a try-hard, tries to be funny and isnt, Hamilton is Mr T before he got on the drugs, Rosberg has no personality, Button and Alonso are screwed for years to come in a dog of a car, and neither interests me, Bottas has no personality whatsoever, Verstappen blames others for his stupid mistakes and has no personality either. All of them are corporate dummies.

I watched the UFC on my PC and the F1 with the volume down, cause I knew nothing would happen.

Unless the racing gets bl00dy close and competitive, for the first time in 15 years, I'm considering retiring from F1 when Kimi does.

I feel the same way. When Kimi goes, I will most likely stop watching every race. I've done it before when overseas in College so I know it's a string I can cut if need be.

Interesting you made this post because I felt the same boring vibe. This is the pinacle of motorsport? In the most extravagant luxurious circuit? Bollocks. In a way we have to thank Verstappen for his stupidness. Because when Hamilton came out of the pits... finally some action. I know it's been joked about for over a decade now that no one can pass in F1, but honestly other than Ricci towards the end, did anyone see anyone pass another? I didn't, or was asleep, or didn't care.

Yes Kimi is getting older, but his zinger on the radio about Ricci not being very nice was gold! At least I got one chuckle out of the race. And in all fairness if Alonso got a penalty, then Ricci should have as well.

When Vettel was winning we still had way more action, drama and competitiveness than what we have now under Merc. And the engine freeze rule can take 100% of the blame for that. We the fans know the other teams cannot catch up on aero alone, thus it's a shoe in for who will win the race. Hamilton most likely first, Nico second. Then it's either Vettel or Kimi. Woohoo. I can't bloody wait.

You're right the new kids are both lame and tame. Vettel can actually be genuinely funny at times, but at least he tries. He's a good natured and friendly chap at heart. I notice Ricci isn't so bubbly anymore. I figured that would eventually happen.

Watching F1 is like watching the Bundesliga. Enough said the better.

As a motorsports fan that doesn't leave us with many options. V8s havn't been good since Brock and the Godzillas were in action. Truth. Even State of Origin games are tame now compared to the past.

The answer is to find another sport, and I did several years back. I started watching soccer. I've always played the sport, but never liked watching it on TV. And then slowly I started to really like it. Now getting excited and watching the Classicos and UCL for me is better than watching F1. To quote Billy Birmingham aka "The Twelfth Man" doing his Murray Walker impersonation... 'These ****ing cars are going round and round, oh it's so ****ing boring'

I feel the same way. When Kimi goes, I will most likely stop watching every race. I've done it before when overseas in College so I know it's a string I can cut if need be.

I remember in the mid 2000's I used to be so freaking excited about the F1. I used to walk around the house singing this little "Formula 1, Formula 1" tune. Now its like, hmmm, should I bother to watch it live. And that was back when it was on at midnight cause I lived in NZ, now its at 10 and Im barely interested.

Interesting you made this post because I felt the same boring vibe. This is the pinacle of motorsport? In the most extravagant luxurious circuit? Bollocks. In a way we have to thank Verstappen for his stupidness. Because when Hamilton came out of the pits... finally some action. I know it's been joked about for over a decade now that no one can pass in F1, but honestly other than Ricci towards the end, did anyone see anyone pass another? I didn't, or was asleep, or didn't care.

I didn't, or was asleep, or didn't care.

;)

Yes Kimi is getting older, but his zinger on the radio about Ricci not being very nice was gold! At least I got one chuckle out of the race. And in all fairness if Alonso got a penalty, then Ricci should have as well.

Yep. It's just hard to see him getting beaten all the time by Vettel. Mind you he is nearly 40.

When Vettel was winning we still had way more action, drama and competitiveness than what we have now under Merc. And the engine freeze rule can take 100% of the blame for that. We the fans know the other teams cannot catch up on aero alone, thus it's a shoe in for who will win the race. Hamilton most likely first, Nico second. Then it's either Vettel or Kimi. Woohoo. I can't bloody wait.\

The rules are freaking stupid.

You're right the new kids are both lame and tame. Vettel can actually be genuinely funny at times, but at least he tries. He's a good natured and friendly chap at heart. I notice Ricci isn't so bubbly anymore. I figured that would eventually happen.

yeah he does try, and he does seem good natured, but he doesnt appeal to me, I dont want to get out of bed to watch him race.

Watching F1 is like watching the Bundesliga. Enough said the better.

As a motorsports fan that doesn't leave us with many options. V8s havn't been good since Brock and the Godzillas were in action. Truth. Even State of Origin games are tame now compared to the past.

V8's might pick up with COTF version II, however they are still slow.

The answer is to find another sport, and I did several years back. I started watching soccer. I've always played the sport, but never liked watching it on TV. And then slowly I started to really like it. Now getting excited and watching the Classicos and UCL for me is better than watching F1. To quote Billy Birmingham aka "The Twelfth Man" doing his Murray Walker impersonation... 'These ****ing cars are going round and round, oh it's so ****ing boring'

Sad but true

Yeah I was the same, it now had little appeal in terms of the build up to the race. Yeah your post I can completly relate to bro, you got it.

Yeah I was the same, it now had little appeal in terms of the build up to the race. Yeah your post I can completly relate to bro, you got it.

*sobs quietly at what once was

The mid 2000's were epic for me as a F1 fan. I've raved about it for years, but 2005 was all time incredible. They had stupid rules back then too, like not even being able to change a tyre if it was flat spotted, but the excitement was electric. Suzuka? Nürburgring? I'll have some more of that please. V10s, great looking cars, ballsy drivers. It had it all. I still tear up knowing that year was Kimi's year had that rocket of a car kept itself together, but despite this, it's still my favourite year going back 10-15 years.

Last year was pathetically boring. This year apart from Vettel's win, which was a nice surprise, Hamilton will take it out again in a car so dominant you're surely have to compare with the Williams FW14 in '91 with Mansell, or Schumi's F2002 and F2004.

2006 sucked as a McLaren and Kimi fan, but we did get his walk to the yacht. That made my year, that and knowing he was off to Ferrari lol.

Many should take the blame for this. Bernie isn't at the top of the list just yet. Firstly I blame the teams stupid silly retarded decision making process. As in, nothing can happen unless it's a unanamous vote. It never works. Strangely years back I wanted to have the teams have more say in the sport, but it hasn't worked out. It's bloody worse. Bernie and Mosley were a kickass team until Mosley got outed, and Bernie basically had all is powers stripped from him to now become an old Don King so to speak, well at least without the Kid & Play hair lol.

Todt needs to step up. The concorde agreement needs to come back. We need someone in charge of this sport. Even if they steer it wrongly, it would still be better than this vote by committee BS we have now.

I can understand why Bernie chase the money with the crappy tracks in countries we never wanted to goto. I didn't like it, but it brought money in. It's not as though some of the Europe tracks have been ragin success' of late. Just look at Germany. Bernie's no fool. He want's these tracks to stick around, but they don't have their Sh#t together, and don't want to pay anything. Bernie's cut deals with legacy tracks and reduced rates before. So it's not as though he's not doing his part. I mean how many times has Silverstone been in trouble? Seems like every other year.

F1 is ****ed. There's no two ways about it. I'd love to see a spreadsheet of engines costs for example 10-15 years ago vs now. I guarantee you it would have trippled. That's not better is it. Sh#t sound, Sh#t handling, no fear to drive them thus allowing underlings to step in and not have issues. The aero side is utterly crap too. The only good thing was when they banned all the winglets on the engine covers and such. I really did like that change. But the front wings are retarted and too wide, the rear wing is useless. KERS/ERS is a failure due to how expensive it costs and how complex the system is. Then we have brake failures due to KERS/ERS failures. DRS is probably minor. But I wouldn't shed a tear if they got rid of it too.

F1 might not die, but many fans are over it to the point they no longer car about the sport.

and for me watching on Foxtell even MORE boring as they don't show ADDS during the race, even though they are boring, sometimes more exciting then F1 !!

Only real exciting time was the onboard camera when Verstapin crashed, that was sure one hell of a crash.

The mid 2000's were epic for me as a F1 fan. I've raved about it for years, but 2005 was all time incredible. They had stupid rules back then too, like not even being able to change a tyre if it was flat spotted, but the excitement was electric. Suzuka? Nürburgring? I'll have some more of that please. V10s, great looking cars, ballsy drivers. It had it all. I still tear up knowing that year was Kimi's year had that rocket of a car kept itself together, but despite this, it's still my favourite year going back 10-15 years.

Last year was pathetically boring. This year apart from Vettel's win, which was a nice surprise, Hamilton will take it out again in a car so dominant you're surely have to compare with the Williams FW14 in '91 with Mansell, or Schumi's F2002 and F2004.

2006 sucked as a McLaren and Kimi fan, but we did get his walk to the yacht. That made my year, that and knowing he was off to Ferrari lol.

Many should take the blame for this. Bernie isn't at the top of the list just yet. Firstly I blame the teams stupid silly retarded decision making process. As in, nothing can happen unless it's a unanamous vote. It never works. Strangely years back I wanted to have the teams have more say in the sport, but it hasn't worked out. It's bloody worse. Bernie and Mosley were a kickass team until Mosley got outed, and Bernie basically had all is powers stripped from him to now become an old Don King so to speak, well at least without the Kid & Play hair lol.

Todt needs to step up. The concorde agreement needs to come back. We need someone in charge of this sport. Even if they steer it wrongly, it would still be better than this vote by committee BS we have now.

I can understand why Bernie chase the money with the crappy tracks in countries we never wanted to goto. I didn't like it, but it brought money in. It's not as though some of the Europe tracks have been ragin success' of late. Just look at Germany. Bernie's no fool. He want's these tracks to stick around, but they don't have their Sh#t together, and don't want to pay anything. Bernie's cut deals with legacy tracks and reduced rates before. So it's not as though he's not doing his part. I mean how many times has Silverstone been in trouble? Seems like every other year.

F1 is ****ed. There's no two ways about it. I'd love to see a spreadsheet of engines costs for example 10-15 years ago vs now. I guarantee you it would have trippled. That's not better is it. Sh#t sound, Sh#t handling, no fear to drive them thus allowing underlings to step in and not have issues. The aero side is utterly crap too. The only good thing was when they banned all the winglets on the engine covers and such. I really did like that change. But the front wings are retarted and too wide, the rear wing is useless. KERS/ERS is a failure due to how expensive it costs and how complex the system is. Then we have brake failures due to KERS/ERS failures. DRS is probably minor. But I wouldn't shed a tear if they got rid of it too.

F1 might not die, but many fans are over it to the point they no longer car about the sport.

Yeah it was good back then but IMO it was even better from 95-97, formula one changed from 98 onwards and has been the start of this downward spiral that we have today.

and for me watching on Foxtell even MORE boring as they don't show ADDS during the race, even though they are boring, sometimes more exciting then F1 !!

Only real exciting time was the onboard camera when Verstapin crashed, that was sure one hell of a crash.

LMAO

Well at least the sport is finally recognising that they've f**ked it all up and wants to make changes, that's all we can ask for really

Well at least the sport is finally recognising that they've f**ked it all up and wants to make changes, that's all we can ask for really

Chances of F1 being good in 2017 = 5%

Is that why they don't show the support races on tv? Because we would find them more entertaining and turn it of once the f1 starts?

I finally caught a glimpse of F1 on Channel Ten last night in replay. They were broadcasting the BBC feed. The BBC gets 10 lives races a year right? So does Australia. Seems they are simply showing whatever races the BBC get to broadcast.

I watched Monaco on an acestream and it was glorious. HD live streaming. Hoping the next race is just as good quality.

yeah the TV coverage on Foxtel is superb, no ads just full race..........BUT THE RACING IS Sh#t................

acestream eh?

Sssshhhhh were being watched lol.