Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mercedes Worried About Singapore Repeat In Sochi.

Totally. Though I tend to not take any notice of what Merc says these days. With both Lauda and Toto you have two clowns who very rarely say anything meaningful let alone honest. And they seem to love not painting themseles as the total shoe-ins their team have become. I mean what's next, will they talk up Manor as being a threat next year?

Well people already are, with merc power and now sounds like Williams electronics onboard, they certainly won't be where they are now. I agree Lauda says some stupid things but not for one second do I think he is dishonest, he is as smart as they come when it comes to the "smart racer". He improved BRM's car significantly back in the day, before he even drove it. He knows how to plany the game known as formula one and is and was bloody good at it. Niki Lauda was the first "engineer driver" that brought a new approach to the sport. Then came Schumacher, who was very similar to Lauda in that respect,almost identicle, so I hold what he says higher than anyone in the paddock today with probably the exception of Murray Walker and Jackie Stewart.

And yet Jaguar. Basically a total failure that then gave rise to RBR. And Lauda was at the helm for a good portion of it all. Even butting heads with Rahal and

I'm not so sure in todays world and technology, Lauda's input is valid. I think his strength now lies in his approach in how he deals with people. And to me at least, he looks like he could get quite direct and even nasty if needed to. He came from an era where putting nitro pills into the fuel tanks was a thing. Lauda does say alot of really stupid stuff. Every now and then something that's quite good too. But even Marko says a couple of a things a year that make sense lol. It's Toto that's the shifty dishonest one really. But Lauda has played dumb a few times pretending not to know what's going on with this issue or that. He knows. He knew full well what was going on with Hamilton's car during the last laps of the Italian GP, and yet he gives this old fart, dementia I have no idea what's going on look and repsonse when Ted Kravitz tried to get some answers. The Horners and Rons have been honest. Merc not so much. They go out of their way to misdirect and give false answers.

If Williams aren't a threat to Merc, Manor will not be a threat. They aren't going to suddenly be a Force India or something, but they could challenged Sauber.

Yeah I've never liked Toto Wolff, ever since that "secret test" comes across real coy. You make a point about Williams and manor comparison but apparently they have full access to every facility needed manor has. So the talk is they have a good aero package already. But haas has already come out and said there 2016 car is fully developed and there starting on 2017 car already. Yeah, as if.

Haas is dreaming if he thinks it's all good to go for next year. Maybe in their CAD software the car is all designed, but it's not built, and often the car that turns up in Melbourne is totally different than the one they tested with. Add the fact Dallara are building their car and he might have a horrid year in terms of how the reality of F1 is.

Ah yes the secret test. It's no coincidence that Merc immediately started winning after it. Hamilton with the fake selfies and tweets that he's at Disneyland. Plain helmets and race suits. Totally and utterly crooked. I can't look at it any other way and think they knew they were doing something wrong, and then have a good laugh at everyones expense when they got let off. Not cool.

Yes totally and they other thing that also pi$$es me of is the fact basically every team got upset with there flexing front wings, yet all it was down to was weaving the fibre a different when set in the carbon resin. How is that cheating? They passed the load tests each time. not to mention getting shafted on the whole blown diffuser debate. That's hardly cheating compared to a "Ninja tyre test" and yet not once has anyone complained about anything merc has done. Ohh sorry Seb did make one remark to nick in a press conference recently when someone asked nico if he was worried about his tyres and Seb said "why, were they low again" and nico got pi$$ed. that's hardly the point it's nothing, but what Iam saying is no one has made formal complaints about anything, it's like it's a coverup, it's the feeling you get hey? Cause I feel that's the vibe the whole thing lets out, like it's there turn to shine so to speak. They can't do nothing wrong.

RBR testified against Merc after the illegal tyre test. Merc retaliated in getting Ricci's result annulled in Melbourne. One was a deliberate act of cheating, as in the tyre test. The other was an interpretation of fuel flow regs and how RBR at the time did not trust the supposed rock solid fuel flow meter. So yes you're totally correct. No one has made a stink about Merc, their illegal tyre testing, their being the main instigator in Ricci losing a well deserved result. It's like it all didn't happen. No matter what, you visit other F1 websites and you will see the total BS posted about how Vettel is a brat, untalented, only won because of Newey, Horner is an a**hole, RBR are all just a bunch of cheats, and then in the same breath say how amazing Hamilton and Merc are.

Hamilton willingly played along in the deception of that tyre test by pretending he was in Florida on vacation. I havn't seen that kind of sneakiness since well The Emporer emailing Pedro comparing notes on the stolen plans. Just pause for a moment and imagine if it had been Vettel who was the one in the unmarked helmet and race suit, and had tweeted he was on holiday in Ibiza or something. He'd be branded for life for doing that.

It p**ses me off as well. But it's nice to see Vettel at least getting the respect he should be getting now that he's putting in some great drives at Ferrari. Just goes to show it wasn't all Newey at the end of the day.

RBR being shafted on the flexi tests and blown diffuser was horrible. McLaren wasn't taken to task for their F-Duct nor Brawn for their double diffuser. Yet every single thing RBR innovated on, that was legal and passed all the tests, people still scream they cheated. Whiting and the FIA changing rules after the fact doesn't mean anyone cheated. It just means for whatever reason they wer trying to stop a team from winning because the other teams caused such a stink after having failed themselves to copy the idea. In F1 it's ok as long as the other guys can copy it, but when they can't work it out, they lobby to get it banned. The same things happened against Ferrari in the early 00s. But at that point I hated them and the Schu lol. But I don't actually recall them cheating in anyway. Certainly not like at Benetton when they had traction control. I cannot believe to this day they got away with it, because even though they admitted it was all there, they claimed to have never used it. Didn't a driver, Senna possibly even remark he thought that team had Traction Control?

That's what ticks me of the most, is everything redbull did, was within the rules and passed what ever test was thrown at them. Heck didn't the wings even pass another 2 or 3 times after the fia kept raising the test weight? As for Vettel, he would've been crucified mate I can see the headlines now "baby schumi,really is baby schumi". I think at the end of the day,these teams were simply embarrassed they got out done by a bloody soft drink company on there home turf. Not once but 4 times, that's what it comes down to, not the excellent engineering that has developed those winning cars. They realistically did what Ferrari did, just got the right person for each job. As for Benetton and Schumacher, I believe there was an uproar about traction control but it couldn't be found anywhere. Even audited telementry couldn't find it but Senna was adamant while following Schumacher he could hear the throttle being applied in a fashion that resembled traction control. I don't think Benetton every admitted to it but then again it wasn't ever "proven" to have TC so it's up to interpretation I guess or whoever you support lol.

Yes that's correct. 2-3 test of increasing weight on the flexi tests. They passed each and every time. I bet it hurt them that a soft drink company beat them, but in reality RBR have been around alot longer than they have been given credit for. They took over Jaguar in 2005. Started winning from 2009 onwards. So it took them awhile and wasn't some instant success maybe comparable to Brawn even though that wasn't instant, it was for the namesake of "Brawn".

Oh they did have the TC on their car. They even had the software, but they claimed it was a remnant from the previous era when they were allowed in the sport and professed they never used it. So it was there alright, but the FIA could not prove they used it, and thus they skated on it. They have probable cause in the courts of law for criminals but I guess it didn't apply to dodgy F1 teams. I would think Senna would know what he's talking about. Still amazes me to this day how they got away with it.

Cheers brad, but it goes to show just how everyon is on the same page when it comes to the state of the sport and what direction it's going.