Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

This Is Why I Love Jap Cars.

As much as I adore Skylines, the Veyron driver was in a stock car and had the reactions of a sloth. Both the start was slow and they didn't seem to be pushing harder than 60%.

I've seen dozens of tricked out Skylines and Lambos hitting 2000hp. The Veyron is 1000+hp in stock mode. Wait until someone goes to town on one and it'd be hitting 2500-3000hp.

This isn't a dig at the Skyline. I love them, but you can't really ever compare a fully modded car to a stock one, no matter what stock we are referring to. Even at 1000hp the Veyron is limited and undertuned. I can't wait for someone to mod the living daylights out of one.

You can when its engine is half the size. That's how I look at it, would handle heaps better also. Never really been a huge fan of drifting really, rather see how fast I can go round a corner rather than drift it. Even some of the tricked out grip custom Honda civics are rediculous. That's what the biggest achievement is with all these huge horsepower Japanese car, it's the capacity of the engine that shocks people. Like my 2l turbo wrx with all wheel drive, the power that little block puts out with a simple ecu retune is rediculous. The amount you can rev these things and the the level you can rev these two is often double that of a supercar. It's amazing but that's my opinion and when you compare price wise, much better value IMO.

How's this for driving? The cars are amazing, the grip is incredible, not toe toon the roads and traffic.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=jn0Ac-bu39E[/youtube]

People dont modify European sports cars because they dont need to. They perform perfectly, out of the showroom. Why alter something that is already perfect? People modify Jappas because they lack performance, comfort, prestige. Then they end up looking like they are tryin too hard and cant afford a real car!

I modified a Civic when I was younger. Bought a new WRX a few years back but dont even bother now. Just use the missus's car and a Z1000

I'd go the skyline anyday of the week. No stock standard car handles well coming of the showroom floor, including a Ferrari. Sure more expensive cars would handle "better" but definate improvements can be made, I bet your bottom dollar that skyline would handle heaps better as it would've had extensive chassis,suspension and rigidity work to handle the power and besides there often 4-6 cyclinders smaller. That alone is more impressive IMO, I always wanted an FD rx7 that's my dream car, not only do they look bada$$, the amount of power you can get from the 1.3l rotary is just pure insanse, not to mention how high they redline. Ever seen drivers race the Wangan in Japan? They have spent over 300k on some of there cars and top speeds over 350kph, cops just get dusted, don't you think if a Ferrari,Lamborghini,Porsche or whatever was faster,more responsive, don't you think they would use them instead? Could afford one if there spending over 300k in just mods.You can get so much more tuning out of a jap car and basically mould it to your driving style, these exotics, not so much, unless your a formula one driver and a specific company wants to make a limited edition car for you to endorse. That's possible the closest an exotic will take, even Ferrari doesn't release there cars at a lower ride height, that's a mod you have to get and I can guarantee it would cost a Sh#te load more than coil overs for a gtr. Not

Only that, you will have a one of a kind car also, not something some sugar daddy who has no idea about cars could walk in and buy.

Oooo now that's getting a little more tougher as Porsche has "RUF" which do some very handy tunining indeed. But Japan and there car culture is rediculous, you have "back yard" tuners that have established themselves so well that now are a reptuable tuner to get legit work done and there's 100s of them. Like the "mine's" lancer evos and skylines you can get, they were once a backyard tuner. Nah can't compare mate IMO.

This is the Wangan freeway. It's a 5 minute clip that will give you an insight as to why I made my decision. Around the 2-3 minute mark it gets quick.

I've told my missus for years, if I was single and didn't have kids, I would be living there as my younger brother does, lives in Okayama. I would move there just to do this, buy my own phat ride as burn them all, race the fastest Japan has to offer, siiiicccckk.

Yeah I must admit the 458 does look pretty mean, but still not my sort of thing really.

On 2015/11/26 at 4:53 PM, spiral.out said:

Here, which one you want, the 1000 HP Skyline, or the 458 Italia. Similar price point.

I like the red. coolcoolcool.

That is true, it has that "racing" aura about it, but it's still a Ferrari and IMO no matter what supercar or exotic some wank spends half a mill to a mill on, would be better than spending the equivalent in a gtr or supra. Gtr would smash anything if the mods are done right and of course spending the money and id prefer to build my own car than buy something like that anyway.

I read a really cool thing today. It was in relation to Lambos. It went something like this. Those who drive Ferrari's want to be somebodies. Those who drive Lambos ARE somebodies!