Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Canada - Race No. 7

I missed the race, it was being shown at 11pm and this morning I had a 7am flight to catch (I'd be curious to know the viewers figures, how many people up to 1am to watch F1?) so I am writing to ask you a question: is it worth watching the race tonight when I get home?

Or what I've seen from a few clips and what I could read what more than enough? So far my impression is that Ferrari screwed up once again and after that Vettel made many small mistakes, Hamilton had another very poor start and to cheer him up he barged onto Rosberg but that is perfectly ok with Toto, on the contrary maybe Toto will say that it was all Rosberg's fault, he should have kept a wide berth, Bottas was lucky that Rosberg was knocked out and then the RBRs kept all the competition at bay and no one could pass them (still, Bottas didn't make any mistake). Verstappen apparently drove quite well, or, at least, he has shown that he can take the pressure (but is he as fast as, say, Hamilton? who knows, I guess that we'll have to wait and see) and that Rosberg seems to be losing faith in his chances of becoming WDC once again (one has to woder how can he win all that there is to win until it matters and then, all of a sudden, Hamilton starts winning and Rosberg starts spinning or losing his brakes or whatever else is the matter on that day, it happened in 2014, in 2015 and is happening again this year... and for the record I don't think that Rosberg buckles under pressure).

Have I missed anything?

I missed the race, it was being shown at 11pm and this morning I had a 7am flight to catch (I'd be curious to know the viewers figures, how many people up to 1am to watch F1?) so I am writing to ask you a question: is it worth watching the race tonight when I get home?

Yes, I think so. After the start I thought 2013 season is back again. Seb took off, and gap to Hamilton in P2 was just increasing. This is second time this season, when Ferrari was trying to predict what others will do, instead focusing on themselves, while pushing performance at the limit for 70 laps. It of course backfired yet again.

See Vettel backed Ferrari's strategy call. He almost pulled it of to but this tyre issue you raised earlier Sakae must not affect others so drastically as apparently alonso did over 50 laps on a set, I ant tell you what he had on but I assume it couldn't be an US for that duration.

Well, missed the race. Had it recorded as I had other activities going on during the day. Got back home in the evening, turned it on and it was pre-empted with an hour-and-a-half special on the Orlando shooting (terrible stuff). They switched back to the race on lap 68 out of 70, so got to watch the last 2 and a half laps. Saw Rosberg spin and the podium ceremony. No need to go back and watch a race that I know the results to, so I guess I just saved two hours of time.

Anyhow, I gather it was a good race with impressive drives from Hamilton and Vettel, and a bump between Hamilton and Rosberg.

Vettel was the driver of the day there IMO, he did everything he could but it still wasn't quite enough.