Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Max Verstappen

I got an interesting email from a close friend today shedding some light and his opinions on the Max Verstappen promotion to redbull. He told me that Verstappen was summons before redbull bosses to explain why he felt he didn't need to let the redbull cars through when instructed, but it was his father who did all the talking saying max should be driving the redbull car and if he wasn't by a certain date, he was able to sign with Ferrari at any given time, just kvyat's ONLY error helped redbull give the verstappens what they wanted. Bare in mind this is what I was told by a friend who has pretty reasonable sources. I think it's a plausible scenario don't you?

Max is a good driver and probably can get a lot better - but he needs time. I don't think he can be an instant star. He needs a couple of season to become one as shown in his real performance in Monaco.

Right now, he's just one lucky b@stard who got a welcome gift from RB in Spain.

Love him or not, the guy who has only recently acquired a civil driver license, in Baku ended up on the heels of DR.

Mind you, here are some facts:

- car is basically "new" to him as he was transplanted with season in progress (missed pre-season drives)

- gap to DR in last race was 1.467 [sec] on the finish line

For you all who do love (I do not however) team-mates comparisons, facts are there, and it is reasonable to suspect that he will be pain for DR, admitted or not.

12 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Be that as it may, Spain was still a Fluke and a Gift. 

Lucky bas12rd, isn't he?

Super lucky ba@stard !

And my prediction was correct that he won't have another podium from Canada until Baku.

I will  extend that prediction until British GP. Otherwise I will ban myself from this forum for a month !

I still can't help to think Redbull are "favouring" Max more so than dan when it comes strategy and implementing it. Just every time dan has a sniff to do well, the team let him down. He should have 2 wins along with that pole position also, Max hasn't done any real racing for his positions with the exception of Baku, he always seems to come out ahead after stops or pass someone with dead tyres therefore making little effort to hold max up. To me, call me biased but it feels Redbull are trying to push him along by helping him achieve those positions easier and dan is bigger and older enough to look after himself, that's the gut feeling I get from that team ATM, I don't feel dan is getting the fair chances he was before, is what I am trying to say or every Aussie must have pretty rotten luck lol. Because come qualify and the team has little impact on the car as it will help or hinder the results the next day, dan is always quicker max is either hero or zero, does well or bins it.

I think Max is very much in a 'win one - crash one' phase at the moment. He drives like a karter. Kvyat was atrociously treated in all of this and Red Bull got caught by a wily old Dutchman. They have shattered DK's confidence somewhat but he'll bounce back. I believe Grosjean may hop back to Renault and Kvyat may go to Haas. He is superquick and has matured well. I wouldn't be suprised if he isn't on Ferrari's radar too. As far as DR is concerned, he need to forget about Max and concentrate on his own game. After all, you are racing the circuit, not the man. 

Yeah but redbull have proven time and time again and they did it to kvyat, results mean nothing to them, it's the way you look in the eyes of redbull and who can push the brand forward and attract new fans to the sport or new consumers to the brand. Results mean nothing and kvyat prooved that, robbed of his seat after he scores redbull's first podium of the season. This was all done just to hold onto max because everyone wants him, apparently max had a Ferrari deal lined up if redbull didn't come to the table, that's what his father said and it would make sense as I feel redbull literally pushed everything of the table to fit him on, like everything was rushed and done so in fear, is the impression I get.

May I enquire how do you know with any degree of certainty that Max had an offer from Ferrari to drive for them in 2017, and he has rejected that offer in favor of driving for RBR? Can you be more specific what's this all about?

Ian trying to find this story I read a few weeks back that said that Jos approached redbull and basically said that Max deserved to be in the car now or he could just take max and accept an offer from Ferrari or Mercedes. So that's why everything was done so quick, don't know how much truth is int that but soon as I find it I'll post it. 

I think that speculation evolved around believe, had RBR failed to promote him, than he was contractually free to accept an outside offer, and Ferrari, just as Mercedes (and others) were participating in a bidding game which actually never played itself fully out, because RB pre-empted any such deal by sacrificing Kvyat (to his surprise).

Yeah that sounds more like it tbh, so i have to agree there but this story I read, it wasn't really a story it was part of another story so ism struggling to find where i read it but I heard the negotiations were with Jos and he was willing to take other offers.

5 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Ian trying to find this story I read a few weeks back that said that Jos approached redbull and basically said that Max deserved to be in the car now or he could just take max and accept an offer from Ferrari or Mercedes. So that's why everything was done so quick, don't know how much truth is int that but soon as I find it I'll post it. 

your opening statement said it was an email ??

Yeah thats what Iam looking at I've got heaps to dig through, share the same with my missus and she's a teacher from school so it's hard to find plus there's the chance me or her had deleted it so I hope I can find it but I've found a story similar.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula1/36206848

last paragraph but the story/email I read made it sound like there's was already an adoption at both Ferrari and Mercedes and redbull made an offer that Mercedes or Ferrari couldn't or wouldn't match. And made it sound like his father is the one calling the shots instead of max.

Verstappen's stellar debut season put him on the radar of the sport's two top teams, Mercedes and Ferrari, both of whom have considered him as a potential driver for 2017.

But he is under contract to Red Bull until the end of 2017 and the decision to promote him could be motivated at least in part by a desire to ensure they keep hold of arguably the hottest rising star in the sport.

From "considering" to "having an offer" is still long way. I would have to agree however with perception, that RB did not want to lose him, so they hurry up.

Yeah I know but I can't find the email Iam sti looking but. This is what you get when your missus never deletes the inbox,you have over 150 emails to look through lol.

Even F1 legend Niki Lauda, who is Mercedes’ team chairman, agrees with that.

“Max is the most promising talent I’ve seen in years,” he told Welt newspaper.

“The boy has the attitude of a world champion.”

DR has a mountain to climb, because public (include insiders) seems on the side of MV, be that right or wrong, timely or premature. It will have some influence on RBR's management thinking. 

It already has, what you on about. Redbull will bend over backwards to keep max while dan they know is on the other side of his redbull career, they know he will go and will probably let him but max on the other hand, no way, he's worth to much in terms of younger fans coming into the sport, his following on social media, max is now the face of redbull. Yeah he has made a few stupid mistakes but you have to admit that verstappen is driving with a lot more experience than he actually has, he's a phenomenal talent and I'll admit that now after bashing him so bad before the 2015 season.

Wonder how many of those hands Max has received? To bad his hands weren't as good on the wheel.

Yeah I could imoagone going to a place to "do business" with him only having to clear the place full of his goons, just like this.

5 hours ago, radical-one said:

a wife beater and now a father beater as well?

I'll beat him up if he ever comes to Tokyo:aikido1yw:

Why bother? Maybe you could introduce him to a couple of your rikishi friends, especially if they are in nasty mood.