Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Rule Changes

Ok so can ANYONE put hand on heart and tell me ALL of these bloody rule changes that have been effected Immediately?  I am totally lost.

And what is your opinion of Hammy going to Whiting to beef about Nico passing under yellows ?  Like maybe he did , maybe he didn't, but hell Hammy has sure opened the gate for every other DRIVER to see Charlie whenever he has a beef. I am sure Charlie is delighted with all this additional attention :-)

This is what Alonso thinks

"I don't care. I give up," said Alonso. "They can tell us what we need to do in every race. We know things change from race to race and now we are back to the rules we had about a year ago, more or less.

I am of opinion for past several years that Mr Whiting (the front man for FiA), has overstayed his welcome due to continuing mess. His should not be a job guaranteed for life. He basically now introduced red flag where used to be double yellow, and only after Hamilton bypassed management, and directly rattled on Rosberg. 

Apparently the overruling of Bernie and the teams on the track limits was done by Todt...who is still in charge of F1 (in case they forgot).

That's fine, but then aren't they all guilty of the same? How could, for example, Whiting change rules based on a rant from a one petulant driver only, without actually sending him back with advise to let adults to sort it out? Substantively Alonso is right; too many rules, too many inconsistencies, too many frequent changes - who is supposed to understand all of that?

54 minutes ago, Sakae said:

....Whiting change rules based on a rant from a one petulant driver only...

Is this a reference to Rosberg-Hamilton yellow flag scenario in the last race? A lot of people were bothered by this, not just one driver.

42 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

Is this a reference to Rosberg-Hamilton yellow flag scenario in the last race? A lot of people were bothered by this, not just one driver.

Lowe - regrettable

Alonso: “I’ve been racing 16 years in F1,” said Alonso. “There were never issues, apart from when you’re fighting for the world championship, or if Nico is doing it. So I don’t see any problem. It will not be a problem in the future. There is no need for clarification.”

Maybe (opportunist) Horner, scavenging for an odd point. That's about bulk of it.

The commentators on U.S. TV (Hobbs and Matchett) also noted the failure to seriously brake as did several other drivers. While it is an issue you can disagree with, it is not an issue that came about because just one driver complained about it. Lots of reasonable people had reasonable concerns.

1 hour ago, Ruslan said:

The commentators on U.S. TV (Hobbs and Matchett) also noted the failure to seriously brake as did several other drivers. While it is an issue you can disagree with, it is not an issue that came about because just one driver complained about it. Lots of reasonable people had reasonable concerns.

No. Both US (actually both Brits) commentators probably should check facts before they providing opinions of that kind on live TV deriding Rosberg. 

(i) Rosberg sufficiently lifted, as documented - FiA checked that, (ii) Rosberg lost relatively less time than others, because he had to pass through only one zone under double yellow, whereas just about rest of them had to go through two. That's how data were explained.

Rosberg was not penalized but they changed the rule afterwards....so.....clearly there was a sense that something was amiss.