Pick the Pole and Podium
The Terms and Conditions of the GPToday.com ‘Pick the Pole and Podium Competition’ are subject to change.
1. By registering to play the GPToday.com Pick the Pole and Podium Competition (“Game”), Entrants ("Entrants") agree to all of the Terms and Conditions. All entries become the property of GPToday.com. Entries are limited to one (1) per person. If GPToday.com determines you have entered multiple times through your IP address or other security measures, you will not be eligible for any prizes in the Game if there are any.
2. To play the Game, Entrants must visit the GPToday.com website located at http://www.gptoday.com/ (“Website”) and follow the links and instructions provided for entry. GPToday.com may prohibit any Entrant from participating in this Game or any future promotion if, at the sole discretion of GPToday.com, such Entrant (i) has tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Game or the Website; (ii) repeatedly shows a disregard for the rules; (iii) acts (a) in an un-sportsmanlike manner or (b) in a manner such as to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass GPToday.com or any other entrant, or in any other disruptive manner; or (iv) selects an inappropriate display name. A display name may be deemed inappropriate at the sole discretion of GPToday.com.
3. Each Entrant must be a registered GPToday.com member and include a valid email address to participate. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
4. In ‘Pick the Pole and Podium’; points will be awarded for picking the correct pole position, fastest lap and finishing position at each Grands Prix of the season. Please refer to the rules for the points awarding break down in the rules.
5. The Game covers the complete 2013 Formula One season. Entrants to the Game must have their predictions for each round registered via the Website by the commencement of the Qualifying session of that round. Predications can be made for the current round and two future rounds and may be changed up until the cut off time for that round. Failure to enter a prediction for a round will result in 0 points being awarded.
6. Points will be awarded to each Entrant following the Grand Prix and will be calculated based on the official results as published on the official Formula One website, F1.com. If the official results for a round are changed due to driver disqualification, appeal or for any reason, points awarded to all Entrants for that round and their total score will be recalculated once the new official results are published.
7. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that points awarded to each Entrant are accurate, GPToday.com cannot accept any liability in respect of any errors that may occur. GPToday.com's decision is final in every respect and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. If there are prizes, all winners will be notified by email using the email address submitted when registering for GPToday.com. Any GPToday.com registered member may enter the competition. Employees of GPToday.com, or its affiliates may enter the game, but are excluded from winning any prizes. The number of entries is limited to 1 per person. If there are prizes, they are as stated on the Prizes page, no alternative will be made available for the prizes. GPToday.com however reserves the right at its sole option to substitute prizes for any reason. If a prize is declined or undeliverable, GPToday.com retain sole discretion to select alternate winners. By registering for the Game or accepting a prize, winners release GPToday.com from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property, which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prizes. GPToday.com expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. All prizes must be redeemed within 12 months of being awarded to the winner.
9. If there are cash prizes, they will be paid to a valid PayPal account that the winners must supply to GPToday.com when contacted. It is each winning Entrants responsibility to ensure they have a valid PayPal account. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to grant to GPToday.com the right to use and publish his or her name, portrait or picture for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration, in any media worldwide, including but not limited to the worldwide web. GPToday.com may also publish, in any media worldwide, results of the GPToday.com ‘Pick the Pole and Podium Competition’ with player's name, position and points.
10. Game Entrants understand that the Game's results are final in all respects and all decisions regarding the Game, including, but not limited to, selecting winners and awarding prizes, will be made by GPToday.com, whose decisions will be final and binding.
11. GPToday.com are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Game or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries in the Game. GPToday.com assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or authorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
12. GPToday.com are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Entrants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Game.
13. If, for any reason, the Game is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of GPToday.com which corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Game, GPToday.com reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game.
14. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the GPToday.com Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, GPToday.com reserve the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. By participating in the Game, and any promotions relating thereto, each Entrant agrees to release and hold GPToday.com, any subsidiaries, associated and holdings companies, their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, either directly or indirectly related to or arising from the Game or from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize.
16. If there is prize money offered for the Game, it is generated through banner advertising on the Website, therefore the use of banner blockers or any other measures to circumvent the displaying of advertising banners on the Website is prohibited. If GPToday.com determines an Entrant is stopping banner advertising from being displayed while visiting or using the Website, that Entrant will not be eligible for any prizes or prize money.
17. The Website and the Game is not in any way affiliated with Formula 1, Drivers or Teams.