Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Congrats Williams!

Fantastic work by the team, just magnificent! Ralf drove an unbelievable race and I could not be more relieved to finally see another team win a race, despite being disappointed that Mika only managed fourth.

Mika really knows how to keep his spirits up. After the race in a live radio interview with the Finnish press online he sounded HAPPY and everything. Anyone agree? Dont forget that he said it himself, he is in a better situation than last year after four races despite having less points.

He is now 22 points behind the lead and going into the fifth race last year he was 22 points back so dont think any less. GO WILLIAMS!

Hi claire :)

GnS aren't fond of Williams i think, so therefore they are congratulating Ralf and BMW but not Williams, if you catch their drift.

They are pleased for Ralf and his win, and for BMW but are sad that they had Williams as part of the team that they dragged over the finish line.

I hope I have paraphrased that ok, GnS...if not, feel free to correct me. :)

[Maybe even in pretty colours lol]

Thanks December, Shame on you GnS! :)

Williams (to quote a famous wrestler) are "the best there ever is, the best there ever was and the best there ever will be"

Every Williams fan across the world deserved that win, to watch them dissapear into obscurity for the last couple of years, was painful.

December

your paraphrase was A1, thanks.

haven't worked how to do the pretty colours yet.

i don't dislike williams, in fact i don't dislike anyone but a few outrageous statements now & then helps keep the forum alive

soooooo, is montoya a liability to williams.

to be really great you need luck as well as ability & he like johnny herbert & stirling moss just dosen't have it

hard to be constructors champion with a team of one.

Ok, I am a dyed in the wool Schumacher fan [both initials acceptable] and a Ferrari fan, but even I believe montoya really has the capability to become an awesome driver. I even believe he may be able to be the next schumacher [to paraphrase another post on this board somewhere...i read too much here, you know].

Montoya has shown flashes of brilliance much the same way that ralf has over the last 2.5 seasons. Except that montoya has done it far more quickly than other rookies and quicker than ralf himself.

I believe together they make a good solid team for williams and yes the bad luck of being rear-ended hasn't helped, and williams still need to work on their cars, but in my opinion, this WDC is going to hot up. Maybe 1st and 2nd are already wrapped up.....but its the place getters that are going to prove the champions of tomorrow.

Thats my 5 cents with [including GST] without the pretty colours, coz i don't know how to do that either LOL :)

I dont think Montoya is a liability to Williams, you have to remember he has only driven in 4 races and completed 1 succesful pitstop.  The press are building him up to be something great, but I dont think we will see that greatness this year.  

Ralf is riding high at the moment, which will give Montoya the chance to concentrate on getting a bit more experience.

As for Montoya being the next Schumacher, we havent god rid of the old one yet!  

Do you think in years to come, some rookie will be built up as the next Montoya?

Claire :)

LOL Claire

Yes i do!

Just as michael schumacher was the next senna. :)

And Senna was the next Fangio [ i think, can't remember]

As years go by we all are guilty of following the legends of the legends.

there is nothing wrong with building people up to try and fit the previous legend. It gives them new records to break and new goals to achieve.

And it gives us great racing to watch!

So I guess that would make Raikonen the next Hakinnen.  

DC was built up to be the next Jackie Stewart.  Anyone elso want to join in?   :)

Claire

I think Damon Hill was the next Graham Hil :) lol

And just about any promising rookie was the next Senna/Fangio

Claire

so back to my theory about luck

johnny herbert the next stirling moss (the best driver never to win a world championship) & montoya the next johnny herbert

sooooo sad

damon mansell, nigel hill what's the difference

where's keke rossberg when you need him

what planet are you from?

Monty will run rings around Ralf.  Give the lad a fair go before you write him off as another 'bad luck' case.

The boy has only driven in 4 GP's and already he has lead a race (maybe would have won it) and shown that he has bigger balls than tripple word chump Schumacher...

planet reality, jagman

monty was not all that lucky in indycars either

ok he won the series but you could win one of those

i think the telling part of your post was

"(maybe would have won it) "

in sport it's who does not who might have

I think there are a lot of maybe's in this sport.

But I agree with you on the bad luck GnS.  Herbert used to have dreadful luck, DC went through a couple of seasons of the same.  

Montoya hasnt seemed to have a lot of good luck so far this season, coupled with being a rookie too.  I think things will pick up for him, at least I hope they do.

Claire

eh, he was not lucky but he won the series?

I agree that CART is not as professional as F1, but saying anyone could win the series is pretty much cr*p.  Monty won becuase he has skill and big balls like Villeneuve did when he won the CART series (god knows how Zanardi won it though ;) )

Herbert had dreadful luck granted, but sometimes you have to sit back and wonder if you make your own luck, sure everyone has a bad day, but to have a whole bad career?, there is more to it than luck and some driver who blames the luck should really have a good look at them selves.  DC is another, he has had had the car to win the WC three times or so, yet he hasnt done it, thats not bad luck, its something else, call it lack of skill or whatever.

If Monty hasnt won a race or scored a bucket of points after this season then I will eat my words on him, but give him a chance, he has only had 4 races, where as ralfy has had 5 season?

i didn't say anyone could win cart, i said you could win it & you are not just anyone are you jagman?

stirling moss had a whole unlucky career & so i think did johnny herbert.

maybe johnny didn't have the talent to be champion but his inability to finish races was due more to bad luck than bad driving.

as for dc, having to give wins to (yawn) mika cost him at least one genuine chance at the championship.

All this Montoya talk, what about Raikkonen!?

Kimi has already been praised by Mika Hakkinen as a future star, so lets remember there are other newbies besides Monty.

Bernoldi? Well so far he's shown to be a Mazzacane in a better car.

mika praising kimi.

is there such a thing as the finnish mafia?

love the tone in allan jones voice when he describes mazza. total boredom, as in "oh yes there are 21 drivers in the field & mazza completes the call of the card"

bernoldi who?

oh yes, arrows, as in swift as----- not.

GnS: do you know anything else than spitting on other drivers and teams which are not Ferrari???

what the #### is wrong with u ?? so old and so immature..??

even 18 years old dude, who is watching F1 for 2 years

do not spit on other drivers which are trying to suceed

in F1.. i even talked to tifosis.. they were not as hostile

as u are.. #### it..

about Williams win.. thank you.. i think we deserved it..

it has been quite a long time since last win, but we're

coming back..

about Monty.. i agree with jagman.. give him a time #### it.. look at Jenson last year.. we was the rookie of the

year altough he never lead a race..

about Kimi, Enrique, Gaston.. all of those guys are trying

the best they can possible do to be succesfull.. give them

time.. what did schumi1 do when he arrived in f1? in his

first testing he had a fite with Senna.. why? coz he did

not let Ayrton throu altough it was testing..

give 'em time ppl.. even apple needs time to grove up..

I must have read the thread wrong, but I dont remember GnS being hostile.  I think you may have your wires crossed again Viper.

In fact he was only stating that Monty has bad luck, not that he was rubbish.

The point is we all support different teams, and that always makes for interesting discussion, which shouldnt be misunderstood as being hostile or biased.

Claire :)

Claire.. let's talk about GnS..

" love the tone in allan jones voice when he describes mazza. total boredom, as in "oh yes there are 21 drivers in the field & mazza completes the call of the card"

bernoldi who?

oh yes, arrows, as in swift as----- not. "

correct me if i am wrong, but this is not beeing friendly

too much, don't u think so?

He's not a fan of WilliamsF1 and he told us almost in

every post that.. i'm not a fan of ferrari, but who cares?

and after all.. i was talking about his last post not

the previous..

if he was joking.. than.. man.. some ppl have a strange

sense of humor.. or maybe they're forgeting to use

the "smiley's"?

he laughing at all which is no Ferrari and i don't really

like that, so i'm sending quite hostile posts..

if u look at my comments closely, u can see i'm really

not hostile as long as some one is talking rubbish..

and i know that kind of people.. i met 'em a lot..

from race to race.. in pits, on the stands..

Take care babe

take care Claire

Remember, debate is good, but please, let's not let this get out of hand! Just keep the bad comments (about other posters) to yourself.

Now theres a more interesting forum, keep up the good work MV but please don't get personal, after all this is supposed to be fun. And yeah when I was 18 I thought I knew it all too.

Talking about personal, I just looked up the dictionary definition of viper.

(1) Any of various highly poisionous snakes...

(2) A false, treacherous or spiteful person...

Don't blame me for that it's in the dictionary & I didn't choose your username: you did.

As for being anti everyone but ferrari.

There is usually a queue of people waiting to bag them so I try to find something different to talk about. eg luck, colours, engine manufacturers etc.

Of course lateral thinking is often misunderstood, but note my signature emoticon ends with a wink. A bit of tongue in cheek does no harm at all.

Be happy everyone, the Spanish is on this weekend & I'm sure we will have plenty to talk about then (especially if Williams or Ferrari win [sorry Mika])

Hey everybody..

first of all.. yes.. i was a little bit too personal..

i'm taking back those words.. i was just p*ssed of..

second of all.. i have no intentions to stay here any longer.. no one ever reply to my post, except if it's

hostile or kind of conflict.. ("when will williams be on

top again".. the post with the higher visists and replys,

but those reply's were just hostile ones).. so.. maybe u guys don't like anybody else like aussie or brit.. dunno..

dun care.. at WilliamsF1 i have very good relationship

with guys.. but here with comp freaks.. no comment..

third of all.. there are better places, when a man feel

a little bit more welcome than here, and ppl respect

his opinion a little more, altough he's just new comer,

than here when u gotta be almost prime minister of GB,

to respect ant to reply to your opinion.. and i think

i did not post bad opinions and questions whatsoever..

so.. guys.. for the future.. give rookies a little

more atenttion than you're giving it to your self and

your friends

with kind regars

p.s. Viper's are not only snakes GnS :]