Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the ferret

Ecu

You're lying (or pulling a Hillary Clinton - still lying). There is no such statement.

I don't need to lie, I don't have the time to dig up some BS too, I log in to TF1 when ever I am taking a break while my friends go down to take a puff.

Next time you say someone is lying make sure you are informed about what is happening.

http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=21970

A Ferrari official has played down reports that the Italian team exploited a 'loophole' to race ahead in the engine horse power stakes in 2008.

It was reported on Friday that Ferrari may have used the pretext of boosting reliability to add up to 25 more horse power to its V8 unit this year, despite the so-called 'freeze' on engine development.

But an unnamed Ferrari chief is quoted as saying by the German newspaper Bild: "Our new oil system is simply working better. It flows faster and brings more power."

Ferrari spokesman Luca Colajanni added: "Everything has been done according to the permitted limits."

I don't need to lie, I don't have the time to dig up some BS too, I log in to TF1 when ever I am taking a break while my friends go down to take a puff.

Next time you say someone is lying make sure you are informed about what is happening.

http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=21970

A Ferrari official has played down reports that the Italian team exploited a 'loophole' to race ahead in the engine horse power stakes in 2008.

It was reported on Friday that Ferrari may have used the pretext of boosting reliability to add up to 25 more horse power to its V8 unit this year, despite the so-called 'freeze' on engine development.

But an unnamed Ferrari chief is quoted as saying by the German newspaper Bild: "Our new oil system is simply working better. It flows faster and brings more power."

Ferrari spokesman Luca Colajanni added: "Everything has been done according to the permitted limits."

I didn't mean to offend, I'm sorry. But you look at that report, and see the problems there? The Bild is never a reliable source, and the 'unnamed' doesn't help. All that is official in that report is 'Everything has been done according to the permitted limits.' Which is a sentence, with no context, so we don't know what it refers to.

Try websites like autosport and pitpass - you'll never ever see them quoting the Bild, or other tabloids, if they ever do it, they follow up the stories themselves first.

I didn't mean to offend, I'm sorry. But you look at that report, and see the problems there? The Bild is never a reliable source, and the 'unnamed' doesn't help. All that is official in that report is 'Everything has been done according to the permitted limits.' Which is a sentence, with no context, so we don't know what it refers to.

Try websites like autosport and pitpass - you'll never ever see them quoting the Bild, or other tabloids, if they ever do it, they follow up the stories themselves first.

Its okay, I dont take it personal.

I just said I read it somewhere,as I was going through the news section. I may or may not belive it. You really don't know what to belive or what not to belive when its Ferrari. They have always said they treated drivers equally,but later we can hear what some of their former drivers say about their experiences.

Ferrari may have exploited a loophole, my advice to other teams is for them to follow the same, as myself and Muzza have always supported exploitation of loopholes.

Not sure how true this is :o but heard today that Ferrari are not using the Mclaren ECU due to the fact that they had told the FIA at the start of the season that their engine will not run with it and was blowing up engines so they were given permission to revert back to their previous system!!

Does this mean that they still use Traction Control??

Also they have done over 2,000 engine mods even though there is an engine freeze!!

Shock horror is this true?? <_<

You can't just come on here blabbing and expect credibility just beacause you work in F1. You need to provide a source.

The ECU thing i heard about a couple of weeks ago and the engine development item is quite common knowledge as a few weeks ago Torro Rosso and Force India were to be given the engine spec that Ferrari had been running for the first few races as they had a new spec one to run. The way they got round it was to exploit a loophole saying there was reliability issues and the FIA said it was ok. Other teams had got rid of there engine development programs due to the freeze but they obviously hadnt. The other teams will not say anything as what is the point as the FIA will want to keep them sweet -_-

Maybe it isnt true but no smoke without fire

And no fire without paper to burn.

Aliens are clever. That's why the government doesn't want us talking to them.

:lol:

You can't just come on here blabbing and expect credibility just beacause you work in F1. You need to provide a source.

And no fire without paper to burn.

:lol:

Dribbler, I can only tell you what is being discussed at the moment within my team. As I said there is no smoke without fire and due to people moving around within the industry snippets do come out.

As i had first said the engine development did happen but under the guise that it was for safety/ reliabilty and as others had added to the forum Ferrari have not denied that they gained 25bhp due to advances in "reliability"

The ECU section is something that has been discussed a great deal over the last couple of weeks at "work".

And yes i believe in aliens

Me too. Do you support inter-species sexual intercourse as well? Don't tell anyone, but I am actually an extraterrestrial from the neighbourhood of Beetlejuice and my name is not Ford Probe as I told you. So umm your place or mine?

Dribbler, I can only tell you what is being discussed at the moment within my team. As I said there is no smoke without fire and due to people moving around within the industry snippets do come out.

As i had first said the engine development did happen but under the guise that it was for safety/ reliabilty and as others had added to the forum Ferrari have not denied that they gained 25bhp due to advances in "reliability"

The ECU section is something that has been discussed a great deal over the last couple of weeks at "work".

So let me get this straight:

You work in F1 but you came to an internet forum to ask rather cluelessly without citing sources about the Ferrari ECU claims before suddenly turning and trying to make out you had some form of proof it was real so much so that you're now arguing it quite assertively, not to mention you for whatever reason refuse to name the team you work for?

Forgive me if I don't believe a word you type.

You work in F1 but you came to an internet forum to ask rather cluelessly without citing sources about the Ferrari ECU claims before suddenly turning and trying to make out you had some form of proof it was real so much so that you're now arguing it quite assertively, not to mention you for whatever reason refuse to name the team you work for?

:D Actually I work in an F1 team too and I heard Renault were filling the nose of the car with Helium to make them lighter.... shush don't tell anyone, but it comes from a very reliable source - er, me.

At the last race, some helium escaped on the grid just as Bernie was stood by Fred's car. Bernie ended up speaking in a squeaky voice for 5 minutes in an interview on Bulgarian TV. Don't worry I think we I mean they got away with it as nobody noticed. :)

But he has been offered a part as an umpah lumpah in the next Willy Wonka movie on the strength of the interview :D

Not only that but if our 'source' is to be believed he worked at Red Bull for 4 years, and if he's been with his current employer for more than 5 months that puts it all the way back in 2003. For a team that took over Jaguar on the 15th of november 2004 that's quite a feat.

Very much "here here", its like those spam e-mails claiming I can increase my penis size 4 times over, whilst I'd love a 4" penis I know for a fact its BS :P Until many proper sources actually show me the proof for this I'll file it in my bin under "useless waste of time".

Not only that but if our 'source' is to be believed he worked at Red Bull for 4 years, and if he's been with his current employer for more than 5 months that puts it all the way back in 2003. For a team that took over Jaguar on the 15th of november 2004 that's quite a feat.

Elizabeth ive been rumbled, youve found me out what can i say!! (yeah right)

:D Actually I work in an F1 team too and I heard Renault were filling the nose of the car with Helium to make them lighter.... shush don't tell anyone, but it comes from a very reliable source - er, me.

At the last race, some helium escaped on the grid just as Bernie was stood by Fred's car. Bernie ended up speaking in a squeaky voice for 5 minutes in an interview on Bulgarian TV. Don't worry I think we I mean they got away with it as nobody noticed. :)

But he has been offered a part as an umpah lumpah in the next Willy Wonka movie on the strength of the interview :D

:lol: too funny.