Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the ferret

Ecu

Not sure how true this is :o but heard today that Ferrari are not using the Mclaren ECU due to the fact that they had told the FIA at the start of the season that their engine will not run with it and was blowing up engines so they were given permission to revert back to their previous system!!

Does this mean that they still use Traction Control??

Also they have done over 2,000 engine mods even though there is an engine freeze!!

Shock horror is this true?? <_<

You tell us!

You are our man in Havanna.

You tell us!

You are our man in Havanna.

Havana??? I thought he was embedded with Bin Laden... :o

Not sure how true this is :o but heard today that Ferrari are not using the Mclaren ECU due to the fact that they had told the FIA at the start of the season that their engine will not run with it and was blowing up engines so they were given permission to revert back to their previous system!!

Does this mean that they still use Traction Control??

Also they have done over 2,000 engine mods even though there is an engine freeze!!

Shock horror is this true?? <_<

Haven't heard anything.........do you have a source?

Haven't heard anything.........do you have a source?

I heard it one week back, I read it else where, even read an official statement from Ferrari denying about the exploitation in Loopholes for gaining horsepower advantages, how ever I didnt read anything about ECUs I admit. But I didnt want to make a fuss about it anyways since its understood F1 needs Ferrari as much as Ferrari needs F1.

The ECU thing i heard about a couple of weeks ago and the engine development item is quite common knowledge as a few weeks ago Torro Rosso and Force India were to be given the engine spec that Ferrari had been running for the first few races as they had a new spec one to run. The way they got round it was to exploit a loophole saying there was reliability issues and the FIA said it was ok. Other teams had got rid of there engine development programs due to the freeze but they obviously hadnt. The other teams will not say anything as what is the point as the FIA will want to keep them sweet -_-

Maybe it isnt true but no smoke without fire

The standard ECU thing has gotta be bollocks, they all have sealed units with stewards checking them.

The engine development thing is also rubbish, they are very limited in what they can change, rumour had it they gained 30BHP from this update, what a load of tosh! I think we would notice a rather faster Ferrari, and so would competitors who hire the sound analysis weirdo's to study each others engine tones!

We had heard it was nearer to 70 not 30 and that came from within F1 !

You believe aliens routinely land on earth, don't you?

Me too!

(we are being sarcastic, right?)

Anyway I still think this is unlikely because other teams would complain, and I certainly don't think they could be running without traction control. But you must ask some more questions, resort to torture if you must.

well it is one of the main topics of discussion at the moment if you know what i mean and according to our sources they have never run the mclaren ecu as they had special dispensation from fia

well it is one of the main topics of discussion at the moment if you know what i mean and according to our sources they have never run the mclaren ecu as they had special dispensation from fia

The aliens?

I heard it one week back, I read it else where, even read an official statement from Ferrari denying about the exploitation in Loopholes for gaining horsepower advantages, how ever I didnt read anything about ECUs I admit. But I didnt want to make a fuss about it anyways since its understood F1 needs Ferrari as much as Ferrari needs F1.

F1 doesn't know what it needs and neither do most of F1's fans. I can tell you what F1 doesn't need and that's a pro-Ferrari bias, either perceived or real.

EDIT: Find us a source for this ECU story and we'll chew on it.

Aliens are clever. That's why the government doesn't want us talking to them.

If they were really clever they would not travel throughout the vast abyss of space just to meet some random, usually crazy and pathological liar guy up some deserted hill.

As for the ECU, sorry Mr.Ferret, but as much as I think Ferrari is capable of doing so, the fact that teams are talking about this through rumors and secret meetings, without ever disclosing proofs "because it is useless against Ferrari", means that if this is true, then they are accomplices.

Either Ferrari is blatantly cheating, and thus the teams should cry, scream, go to the FIA, the Justice and otherwise raise havoc, even sabotaging the races (they did it in Indy 2005 and it was less unfair than this claim) or they should shut up and don't throw mud at Ferrari. If they know, but take no actions, then tough luck, no reason to moan afterwards.

For the record, I am one of the most notably anti Ferrari members around here. It is not that I don't want to see Ferrari humiliated. I just want to see them humiliated for the right reasons.

EDIT: Find us a source for this ECU story and we'll chew on it.

:huh: Are you questioning the existence of aliens? Can't you have an open mind? Can't you see? Can't you see what they are hiding from you? :(

I read it else where, even read an official statement from Ferrari denying about the exploitation in Loopholes for gaining horsepower advantages

You're lying (or pulling a Hillary Clinton - still lying). There is no such statement.

The thing with the ECU is utter crap

the thing with the engine is true though. In Turkey Ferrari were allowed to modify their engines because of reliability, the FIA sanctioned it. Now STR and Force India well also get that same modification via FIA rules.

Now the rumors are that the ferrari engine did not gain a few HP but is now capable of running closer to 100% for longer. Now the reason for this is believed that the engine reliability modification allows Ferrari to run the engine at a hight power output via engine mapping. Now this is not against the rules. In effect what it gave Ferrari is a way to run the engine like they did before but when they need to push to overtake in the pits or stay ahead on pit stops they can give the driver more power for some time. Its a loophole in the rules regarding the engine freeze. All Ferrari did was pull a typical Ferrari and read the rules closely and exploited a loophole. Other teams should try it sometime and they might start doing better.

the thing with the engine is true though. In Turkey Ferrari were allowed to modify their engines because of reliability, the FIA sanctioned it. Now STR and Force India well also get that same modification via FIA rules.

Now the rumors are that the ferrari engine did not gain a few HP but is now capable of running closer to 100% for longer. Now the reason for this is believed that the engine reliability modification allows Ferrari to run the engine at a hight power output via engine mapping. Now this is not against the rules. In effect what it gave Ferrari is a way to run the engine like they did before but when they need to push to overtake in the pits or stay ahead on pit stops they can give the driver more power for some time. Its a loophole in the rules regarding the engine freeze. All Ferrari did was pull a typical Ferrari and read the rules closely and exploited a loophole. Other teams should try it sometime and they might start doing better.

Cheers F1 FANatic, didn't know that ;)

But still the other teams would of had to show the FIA sufficient evidence that their engines reliability has been affected by the use of the standard ECU in order to be sanctioned.

Hat's off to Ferrrari then.

I agree Ferrari have some very clever people and lawyers working for them.

Ferrari never seem to break the rules, just bend them enough for them to get an advantage.

Honda on the other hand arent so good at bending the rules, (fuel tank thing).