Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Else Have They Driven (well!)

After reading Argentos reply re: brundle's latest little drive.

I was wondering what else have past and present F1 drivers driven (well). I remember Mansell having a none too great British touring car attempt, Kimi and his (probably drunken) snow mobile and Hakkinen having a go at rallying.

We all believe that F1 pilots are the best of the best, and many go and earn a little extra for their pension fund in dtm.

But can anyone tell me of an F1 driver actually doing well at another form of motor sport ?

I'll start the ball rolling myself.....Mansell > indy/champ/cart thingymajig

We all believe that F1 pilots are the best of the best, and many go and earn a little extra for their pension fund in dtm.

No, we don't. You do. I don't. So we don't. ;)

There's a few failures in stock cars right now. Scott Speed won an ARCA race at Kansas and is 6th in points right now. Montoya won a road course race in Sprint Cup. Neither are lighting the world on fire.

Other than that, a lot of F1 rejects went to American open wheel in recent years. Justin Wilson and Robert Doornbos did well in Champ Car. Which isn't saying much since Champ Car was all ride-buyers anyway.

Ayrton Senna once had a go in a rally car and was supposedly quite quick. Schumi races bikes on occasion, but struggled in a recent SBK race.

Jimmy Clark could drive anything, 1965 Indy 500 winner.

He was the 1964 BTCC champion. He also had one start in NASCAR.

Was a time when sports cars was the way to go. Warwick and Brundle are both World Sports Car Champions. And Le Mans winners. Brundle also second in IROC I think.

Alain Prost is pretty handy with the ice racing.