Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Imola

Imola: Who will win?  

1. 1. Imola: Who will win?

• Michael Schumacher
    • JPM
    • Rubens
    • Ralf
    • Alonso
    • Button
    • Other

iv gon to the dark side and said M$. it was a bit of a toss up between M$, JPM and RB. but i desided to be honest and say M$.

ooooohhh i feel so bad :(

iv gon to the dark side and said M$. it was a bit of a toss up between M$, JPM and RB. but i desided to be honest and say M$.

ooooohhh i feel so bad :(

im with you there mate. Gotta go with M$. BAR will be up there though, they're always competitive at Imola.

Schumacher was 1.4 sec ahead of Barrichello in Friday Practice, who was in turn 0.8 sec faster than Ralf! I can’t see anything but yet another 1-2.

From Planetf1.com:

Schumi admits his rivals have picked up the pace

23/04/04

Michael Schumacher believes he will have a tougher time winning Sunday's Imola GP than he has claiming the victories at the first three races of the year because Ferrari rivals have picked up the pace.

Schumacher shone during the day's opening practice hour taking the top spot on the timesheets by 1.4 seconds over his team-mate Rubens Barrichello. Third-placed driver, his brother Ralf, was a full two seconds back.

However, Michael could only manage third place in Friday's second practice session for the San Marino event losing out the BAR duo of Jenson Button and Takuma Sato. The deficit between P1 holder Button and Michael was only 0.198 seconds

"We had an interesting day. We were very quick in the morning and a little bit slower in the afternoon," the German said.

"We had a clear picture of what set-up we required having tested at this track in the winter, but our competitors have picked up their pace during the course of the day and I think the rest of the weekend will also be interesting. I think we can fight for the win on Sunday, but it will not be an easy task."

Team-mate Rubens Barrichello was even further adrift at the end of the second session and found himself outside of the top ten. His 1:22.096 meant he was 1.130 seconds off the pace, which he believes is the result of struggling to find a decent set-up.

"We have not yet managed to find the ideal set-up for the car in these track conditions, but I believe that, along with my engineers, we will manage to find the right solutions to fine tune the F2004 for tomorrow and Sunday. On top of that, we have seen that the potential is there."

Schumi knows that track, he has won there many times. I expect this race to be no different.

We don’t know how much fuel Button had onboard but it was a very good lap nonetheless – he was a full 1.2 sec quicker than Sato!

Yes well DC was a whole lap faster then kimi as was massa over giancarlo

This just typifies the comments of the Takuma Sato fans. They cannot admit that Sato, driving an identical car to Button, performed poorly by being outpaced by the huge margin of 1.2 sec and qualifying some 5 cars behind Button – who managed to clinch pole by 0.3 sec from Michael Schumacher.

Perhaps you didn’t see qualifying but Raikkonen and Fisichella didn’t set a time!

This just typifies the comments of the Takuma Sato fans. They cannot admit that Sato, driving an identical car to Button, performed poorly by being outpaced by the huge margin of 1.2 sec and qualifying some 5 cars behind Button

This just typifies the comments of the Takuma Sato fans. They cannot admit that Sato, driving an identical car to Button, performed poorly by being outpaced by the huge margin of 1.2 sec and qualifying some 5 cars behind Button

if i am not mistaken webber was also more than a sec ahead of klien... but i dun see anybody crucifying him....

Klien is a rookie and Sato is not.

In some attempt to give the HUGE Benefit of the doubt, lets say Sato's : "Stuffing of the Setup" = He actually risked a rain setup and had one more lap of fuel on board than Button.

Button does a Stunner of a lap and Sato a Sinker . O.K. ....but the fastest lap times as posted up over at Pitpass.com show Button 2nd fastest to M.SCHum. and Sato 8th fastest just ahead of Kimi which is pretty much indicative of the race pace and results. (Sato's Honda blows and is out though)

Did he have the same tire selection as his teammate Button ? Does it matter?

Sato having the motor go only lessens the impact of how many points went up in smoke ... Jacques would of pulled a 4th or 3rd I am sure .

I count an easy 6-10 pts lost so far this season for B.A.R. as lost pts were also Gained by Williams and Renault .

Sato just proved his incompetence. This, at one of BAR's best track, and he was over half a second a lap slower than Button, and lost time on in and out laps. Another fantastic perfomance. As for that blow up, I think someone forgot that Jacques isn't driving for them anymore and they can get rid of the 'detonate' button. :wink:

Sato just proved his incompetence. This, at one of BAR's best track, and he was over half a second a lap slower than Button, and lost time on in and out laps. Another fantastic perfomance.

Very true

Sato just proved his incompetence. This, at one of BAR's best track, and he was over half a second a lap slower than Button, and lost time on in and out laps. Another fantastic perfomance. As for that blow up, I think someone forgot that Jacques isn't driving for them anymore and they can get rid of the 'detonate' button.  :wink:

hmm, i detect a strengthening in your anti-sato stance shaun... :? :wink:

Sato just proved his incompetence. This, at one of BAR's best track, and he was over half a second a lap slower than Button, and lost time on in and out laps. Another fantastic perfomance. As for that blow up, I think someone forgot that Jacques isn't driving for them anymore and they can get rid of the 'detonate' button.  :wink:

Your anti-sato detectors are working well my friend :lol: I feel i've been fair to Sato but now I'm gonna let rip. He wasted that car all weekend and it just p**ses me off to see someone so low in ability compared to the man he replaced perform so poorly when everyone is praising him and throwing sh!t on Jacques. Could be frustration, I don't know, but it's really getting to me. Everyone believe the garbage DR said about JV, he's out of a drive whilst Sato, as good as he is, is nowhere near the calibre of Jacques is given the second best car on the grid and finish 8th, well he would have had his engine not given up. Imola has always been a BAR track and their best one going on previous years. Heck JV put the 99 BAR in 5th on the grid!!! Now if he does the same at Barcelona, then there's more criticism on its way!! Sheer frustration really, but noone can say it's not true.

Your anti-sato detectors are working well my friend :lol: I feel i've been fair to Sato but now I'm gonna let rip. He wasted that car all weekend and it just p**ses me off to see someone so low in ability compared to the man he replaced perform so poorly when everyone is praising him and throwing sh!t on Jacques. Could be frustration, I don't know, but it's really getting to me. Everyone believe the garbage DR said about JV, he's out of a drive whilst Sato, as good as he is, is nowhere near the calibre of Jacques is given the second best car on the grid and finish 8th, well he would have had his engine not given up. Imola has always been a BAR track and their best one going on previous years. Heck JV put the 99 BAR in 5th on the grid!!! Now if he does the same at Barcelona, then there's more criticism on its way!! Sheer frustration really, but noone can say it's not true.

well it does not p**s me off because it means that there is one less good car for Webber to pass. but yes Sato is bad but hes kool and well that first year with Jordan does not count because hes in a new cr with a new team and and new engine on tracs (some) that he has not been on in two years. but i must say that Kline was a long way don at Imola. MW beat him and MW had only a V8 behind him.

MW beat him and MW had only a V8 behind him.

a v8 :lol:

seriously tho what the hell is up with that? did he have problems?

and sato had gearbox troubles. this is just an explanation, and in sato's words after getting up into 4th place at the start, ahead of ralf:

"Already we had a problem. There was a breakage in the front suspension so that there was no mechanism to hold the ride-height at the end of the straights. It was hitting, bumping and bottoming all over the place, and it happened first at Turn 2 on the first lap. That hurt me everywhere, even at low speed and under breaking. It also gave me mostly oversteer, although at first I thought that was because of horrendous rain the night before making the track green."

barcelona should see him improve.