Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medilloni

Monaco Practice And Qualy

*Grumble* Massa on pole out-qualifies Kimi again!

Anyway nice job by the red cars, what happened to those Macs though, Lewis over driving it? Rosberg was great.

Looking forward to the race.

I have a feeling that Mclaren are heavier! :D
Yeah, but is that really going to help them at Monaco of all places? The Ferraris can run and hide and any disadvantage will be outweighed by the fact they're better on race day than in qually. Mclaren had to strike today and they unfortunately failed.

I have a feeling that Mclaren are heavier! :D

I have a feeling that Kovalainen is heavier... Again! :excl:

another ferrari pole.

another ferrari win.

good for ferrari - well done.

s##t for the championship though - this season's quickly getting dull.

don't really think it's worth watching any more if ferrari remain unchallenged for another couple of races.

... who am i kidding - of course i'll watch, but i won't enjoy it much <_<

I thought that FA would be in a better position giving that he had some wonderfull driving skills and this is basically a driver's circuit were the car is not as important as in other tracks, I just saw FA in the same or worse position as he had been doing so far, so can anybody (not as biased as me) to explain why he couldn't use his skills this time or are we going to blame his car again... :eusa_think: ... don't answer me now let wait and see what happen in the race tomorrow, maybe he is in a whole new different strategy and I may be talking too soon, please be patience and wait until tomorrow but keep an eye on this.

I'm not sure. It looked, before now, that the Renault had problem on the really high-speed stuff so I expected them to balance it out here but FA has been pretty anonymous and Piquet has been a joke. (Well, I expected Piquet to suck but still.) Maybe the Renault is out-and-out slow, maybe Fernando is, as he was the case in 2004, suffering from fairly poor motivation or just having a bad weekend? He did stick it in the barriers in FP2 and just hasn't looked like he's getting the best out of the albeit not amazing R28.

It is fine. Alonso's got the canoe set-up for Sunday so it was already planned he would be 7th in Q3. ;)

I wonder how Massa could grab P1 in Q1, Q2 and Q3 provided Raikkonen is such a piece of ice of a driver, so talented, raw speed. Maybe he's been in a vodka glass today? And what about Hamilton? Is he 3 or 4 laps lighter than Kovalainen? Maybe 5? His face was a bit pale after Q3.

:rolleyes:

It is fine. Alonso's got the canoe set-up for Sunday so it was already planned he would be 7th in Q3. ;)

I wonder how Massa could grab P1 in Q1, Q2 and Q3 provided Raikkonen is such a piece of ice of a driver, so talented, raw speed. Maybe he's been in a vodka glass today? And what about Hamilton? Is he 3 or 4 laps lighter than Kovalainen? Maybe 5? His face was a bit pale after Q3.

I guess we will see FA in a rowing machine tomorrow, he was the only one to set up his (canoe) car for the race and went to qualified with that set up, that's not very smart in a race where the pole siter got almost half a race won already, maybe he is just falling apart.

Well, I've just watched the qualifying and have to say that I am totally shocked. Not only is it a Ferrari 1-2 but Massa is on P1!

Ron Dennis's comment here:

"Especially in Monaco you can destroy your race with a smaller fuel load and it is easy to make a wrong decision in that respect. With a good start, and if we can stay out longer, even from the second row it is possible to win here.

"We have a good strategy and I expect a very hard fought grand prix in hopefully good weather conditions."

As usual it seems McLaren have run heavy-ish, based on the performance advantage seen in the practice sessions maybe 3-5 laps extra fuel. But im not personally convinced it'll be true, Ferrari always seem very good in low grip situations, practice 1 to most races they are straight out and fastest, but as the grip goes down the other teams start to catch up. Quali 1 and 2 today showed Ferrari did appear to be faster, on both compounds, then McLaren.

Im worried, if Ferrari win here then it seems the title fight is off and its a straight Massa vs KR fight. In which case, go KR!

I have to say, so far this season I am massively surprised by Kovvy's speed, he really does seem to be settling nicely in to the McLaren team, and at a lot of times is faster then Hamilton, already! Looks like a great team combination for the next few years - or at least I hope :)

On the topic of Piquet, I read a news article claiming he had been given 2 races to prove his worth, as usual no official source so probably a load of rubbish, but after a full year of F1 testing and a number of races under his belt I would imagine its now time for his true pace to come through, Monaco isn't the best gauge for this, but he was painfully slower then Alonso, compared with a WDC you'd expect maybe half a second, but not 1.5! Maybe Webber should go there, Vettel to RBR and Sato to STR :-)

I thought that FA would be in a better position giving that he had some wonderfull driving skills and this is basically a driver's circuit were the car is not as important as in other tracks, I just saw FA in the same or worse position as he had been doing so far, so can anybody (not as biased as me) to explain why he couldn't use his skills this time or are we going to blame his car again... :eusa_think: ... don't answer me now let wait and see what happen in the race tomorrow, maybe he is in a whole new different strategy and I may be talking too soon, please be patience and wait until tomorrow but keep an eye on this.

Monaco isn't a "driver skill track" it's a downforce + mechanical grip track.

Unless it rains it's gonna be worse then last year as there's no more electronics = no salvation from the dirty air.

This may be the definition of 'shameless fanboy'

Massa'a confidence grows with every race. He is getting used to not having driving aids and is one of the guys that is actually improving. His stock is raising rapidily. No driver aids, another pole against KR in the same equipment. People can only deny his skills for so long. He is fast becoming one of the best.

F1 is all about the here and now, what happened in the past is the past.

I wish Massa well.

This may be the definition of 'shameless fanboy'

Of course, Alonso should have got P1 today in his R28 but he's no value. ;)

I hope you feel better now.

Of course, Alonso should have got P1 today in his R28 but he's no value. ;)

I hope you feel better now.

I was more referring to the way you excuse Alonso's performance by talking about race setup and use fuel loads to criticize Hamilton whilst carefully ignoring how these factors may have come in to play for the benefit of Kimi (Who was, IIRC 0.038 off of pole) and Lewis (Who soundly beat Heikki), the pair of whom, strangely enough, were Alonso's rivals last year. Co-incidence? More to the point you totally fail to take in to account the fact that Alonso has already stuck it in the wall once this weekend, doesn't have any real sort of team-mate to compete with and only qualified 7th out of 9 in the last qualifying session. If he'd planned to start 7th he's very lucky DC binned it.

I was more referring to the way you excuse Alonso's performance by talking about race setup and use fuel loads to criticize Hamilton whilst carefully ignoring how these factors may have come in to play for the benefit of Kimi (Who was, IIRC 0.038 off of pole) and Lewis (Who soundly beat Heikki), the pair of whom, strangely enough, were Alonso's rivals last year. Co-incidence? More to the point you totally fail to take in to account the fact that Alonso has already stuck it in the wall once this weekend, doesn't have any real sort of team-mate to compete with and only qualified 7th out of 9 in the last qualifying session. If he'd planned to start 7th he's very lucky DC binned it.

Whatever floats your boat...

Massa'a confidence grows with every race. He is getting used to not having driving aids and is one of the guys that is actually improving. His stock is raising rapidily. No driver aids, another pole against KR in the same equipment. People can only deny his skills for so long. He is fast becoming one of the best.

F1 is all about the here and now, what happened in the past is the past.

I wish Massa well.

I hate to admit your right. I'm still confident that when push comes to shove Kimi is the better driver, but we'll see how far Massa can go.

Monaco isn't a "driver skill track" it's a downforce + mechanical grip track.

Unless it rains it's gonna be worse then last year as there's no more electronics = no salvation from the dirty air.

Raikkonen and other driver call this a driver's track, should I believe you or believe them? let me think about it i will answer to that later.