Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Deadly London

I don't know what the answer is Monza. I think all of my suggestions would be viewed as very old fashioned - things like parenting, respect, manners and (national?) pride don't really hit the spot these days. And like some, I've (my family) have been on the receiving end of the knives and guns sh!te - anger and bitterness can cloud good judgment I suppose..........

So, if legislation won't work, then maybe we bring back the birch, the stocks, capital punishment or best of all, the victim (or victim's family) get to choose the punishment - basically scare the sh!t out of those that want to harm others by establishing a proven history of firm, unwavering punishment.

Oops, did I just rant? I must get off my eye for an eye soapbox ;)

Your suggestions are fine. I think I would add national service.

Your suggestions are fine. I think I would add national service.

Yes Monza, I would too.

Most of the low life's would collapse after 1st training and bending for the soap in the showers, those that follow blindly would learn life skills, to stand on their own two feet, be responsible, and catch exotic diseases.

Anyway, didn't do me any harm [/slightly insane laugh]

I don't know what the answer is Monza. I think all of my suggestions would be viewed as very old fashioned - things like parenting, respect, manners and (national?) pride don't really hit the spot these days. And like some, I've (my family) have been on the receiving end of the knives and guns sh!te - anger and bitterness can cloud good judgment I suppose..........

So, if legislation won't work, then maybe we bring back the birch, the stocks, capital punishment or best of all, the victim (or victim's family) get to choose the punishment - basically scare the sh!t out of those that want to harm others by establishing a proven history of firm, unwavering punishment.

Oops, did I just rant? I must get off my eye for an eye soapbox ;)

Personally, I think things have gone downhill since we stopped sending them to Australia. I mean, if that's not deterrent enough for you, then nothing is :whistling::lol:

Why do Americans constantly bring this up. They dont seem to understand that back then it would have been nearly impossible for the British Empire to wage any kind of war with the Americans due to the large distance between the two. If England was closer to America then the result would have been very different.

Las Malvinas?

Why do Americans constantly bring this up. They dont seem to understand that back then it would have been nearly impossible for the British Empire to wage any kind of war with the Americans due to the large distance between the two. If England was closer to America then the result would have been very different.

We bring it up because we are provoked. That's why.

We bring it up because we are provoked. That's why.

I really do think you guys need to move on - it was 230+ years ago!

Take it from a country that has been invaded countless times, repelled a few invasions, organised quite a few ourselves, gained and lost an empire and had a civil war its just not worth bearing these long term cultural grudges.

I mean, if we thought the same way we'd still hate the French because of Napoleon.... oh hang on, we do! Oh crap, bad example :D

I used to provoke Americans, but then I actually went to live in America, and discovered that most of it is about a trillion times better than anything in England (except for possibly the odd bit of the Lake District). The people are nicer, the weather is nicer (excluding Seattle), the scenery is nicer. There's more space, the crime is less evenly distributed so it's easier to avoid, the taxes are lower, the gas prices are lower, the cost of living is lower, the food is better etc etc etc etc.

Mind you every American I know who has been to London thinks it's wonderful. The grass is greener I guess.

England's lovely. It's the some of the inhabitants I don't much care for.

I agree Monza.

Unfortunantly though I will never get to see if this place improves, since I'm leaving the UK forever in a couple of weeks, and I for one CANNOT WAIT!

I used to provoke Americans, but then I actually went to live in America, and discovered that most of it is about a trillion times better than anything in England (except for possibly the odd bit of the Lake District). The people are nicer, the weather is nicer (excluding Seattle), the scenery is nicer. There's more space, the crime is less evenly distributed so it's easier to avoid, the taxes are lower, the gas prices are lower, the cost of living is lower, the food is better etc etc etc etc.

Mind you every American I know who has been to London thinks it's wonderful. The grass is greener I guess.

I went to London once. Huge place. Nifty stuff.

Thanks for visiting us. I hope you come to New Orleans one day.

I (annoyingly) missed out on a trip to go there a few weeks ago due to a work crisis.

But it's very high indeed on my list of places to visit. When's a good time to go? I don't want it to be too ludicrously hot when I visit.

I (annoyingly) missed out on a trip to go there a few weeks ago due to a work crisis.

But it's very high indeed on my list of places to visit. When's a good time to go? I don't want it to be too ludicrously hot when I visit.

Wait till winter. Summer lasts here from May to November. Hell I could show you around if you came down to New Orleans.

England's lovely. It's the some of the inhabitants I don't much care for.

Actually, that describes much of the planet ...

:huh:

and i s**k c**k for a living. BOOHOOO whatb a shame! mNew orleans is a s##t hole. It got trashied by Katrina the slaaaaag!

And the next time a natural disaster strikes your area, I will be sure to mock your tragedy as well.

and i s**k c**k for a living. BOOHOOO whatb a shame! mNew orleans is a s##t hole. It got trashied by Katrina the slaaaaag!

Birmingham, London got trashed by the IRA many times, a plane crashed in Lockerbie killing many etc etc etc etc - would you say the same to them?

You owe an apology.

Even though you are obviously drunk, I can't believe you said that, Ben.

As Med says, an apology should follow.

Birmingham, London got trashed by the IRA many times, a plane crashed in Lockerbie killing many etc etc etc etc - would you say the same to them?

You owe an apology.

They were not natural disasters!

They were not natural disasters!

Natural or otherwise, they are disasters that hurt, and had devastating effects on, thousands of people. If you want to split hairs over how people have suffered devastion and which you choose to take the rip out of, then I'll leave you to it.