Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxtrot023

Alonso Signs Deal With Ferrari?

I did not see anyone say that. Maybe you are imagining things?

Yes, he is.

I prefer BMW but lately I see many Ferari fans looking forward to seeing Alonso in red. :rolleyes:

Yes, he is.

I prefer BMW but lately I see many Ferari fans looking forward to seeing Alonso in red. :rolleyes:

Alonso in a BMW is another strong option

I prefer BMW but lately I see many Ferari fans looking forward to seeing Alonso in red.

Not all of them. I would imagine cav would have a heart attack :P

I would imagine cav would have a heart attack :P

I'm sure he'll find something to say if that happens. ;)

I did not see anyone say that. Maybe you are imagining things?

Really? Look below. All the 'fans' who used to get off on criticizing Ferrari.

Also in the news

Kimi could quit end of 2009 season

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3654809,00.html

yeah but nando is a proven driver that has taken home the goods twice, unlike those other drivers, and even if we feel he is an old hand he is merely about to become 27, and if anything this year driving the R18...sorry the R28 will make him more hungry
I agree! I've always said I would hate for Alonso to drive a Ferrari, but seeing him drive the crock of Renault sh!t this season has made me change my views on this... Bring on the red prancing ponies!!!

I hate to admit it, but Piquet is looking more like a pay driver qith every race...

Fernando never has or had anything against Ferrari

Ha. Remember 'F1 isn't a sport anymore'? That is of course before Alonso himself became the biggest cheat in the history of F1.

But you did change stripes too! Didn't you? :P You do agree Ferrari is another cheating team! ;)

I don't support anyone any more, I jsut laugh at anyone. Right now Kimi fans are a great source of amusement, still second to Alonso fans of course, who, of course is the new JV.

Did you all see Alonso screw up yesterday :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Ha. Remember F1 isn\'t a sport anymore? That is of course before Alonso himself became the biggest cheat in the history of F1.

He was commenting about the FIA. they implied the Penalty, not ferrari ;)

Really? Look below. All the 'fans' who used to get off on criticizing Ferrari.

Ha. Remember 'F1 isn't a sport anymore'? That is of course before Alonso himself became the biggest cheat in the history of F1.

I don't support anyone any more, I jsut laugh at anyone. Right now Kimi fans are a great source of amusement, still second to Alonso fans of course, who, of course is the new JV.

Did you all see Alonso screw up yesterday :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

you are irritatingly amusing! :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll show you the car they have ready in Maranello for Alonso.

FerrariF1Crash.jpg

BTW, what happened there. Seriously, I don't remember that happening.

Speaking to Spanish reporters after the race, Alonso said the strategy error probably cost him the race.

"The strategy was a mistake that it was too big for what we should demand from ourselves," Alonso was quoted as saying by AS newspaper. "We would probably have won if we had stayed on track instead of pitting when the safety car came out.

"Heidfeld came out ahead of Kubica and he was quite far behind us. He had a long stop. Stopping on lap 25 we would have been ahead of Kubica and we could have won the race."

He added: "We are not going to have a lot of chances to fight for the podium with BMW, and less of being able to match their speed, like this weekend. We had the chance and we didn't take it, so we'll have to wait until we get the next one."

Alonso said he had double-checked with the team to see that they were sure about the strategy call.

"I asked the team twice on the radio if they were sure that that strategy was the best, and they told me it was and I pitted," he added. "When I saw Heidfeld was in front of our car I realised I was right, that it would have been better not to pit."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68166

This is the sort of team play Ferrari or any team brave enough to take him on can expect.

If a driver feels a strategy is wrong, he has every right to call it into question, and on this Occasion he was well within his rights to do so. Drivers are part of the strategy it is not just the team that defines it, and you evidently need to remove your I HATE ALONSO glasses for a second, see past your bias, and actually read into the issue here, which is a driver with a legitimate complaint about a strategy error.

If a driver feels a strategy is wrong, he has every right to call it into question, and on this Occasion he was well within his rights to do so. Drivers are part of the strategy it is not just the team that defines it, and you evidently need to remove your I HATE ALONSO glasses for a second, see past your bias, and actually read into the issue here, which is a driver with a legitimate complaint about a strategy error.

So, i'm visiting friends with my wife at the weekend. Before we go into their house, we agree that we'll stay for a couple of hours and then drive home. She'll drive because she's not too bothered about drinking.

Fast forward two hours; I'm deep in conversation with the husband (he's a great guy and we're on our fifth beer). My wife approaches me and asks "are we going then?"

I reply "Oh, come on. Why don't we stay the night? Go on, have a glass of wine, let your hair down".

The glare i get reminds me that our previous agreement has been dissrespected. I'm making her out to be the bad guy, in front of our friends. She's not happy. I'm out of order.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68166

This is the sort of team play Ferrari or any team brave enough to take him on can expect.

I might be wrong but I think there's something we don't know about Alonso not staying on track like BMW did with Nick Heidfeld. Of course I'm not saying he is right talking freely about that matter but at the end of the day he lost a good chance. I hope Pat Symonds say something about the matter.

You're getting it wrong mate - I DONT HATE ANY F1 DRIVER!!!! - I've posted the link to demonstrate his lack of team play. It is fair enough to make decisions with or without the team, but it is demotivating to blame the team for a 50/50 decision that went against him. If he had said 'WE agreed the strategy and it went against US' then he is sharing responsibility.

Michael Schumacher would never say something like that ever!

Perhaps Nando is correct, but I'm not sure I can remember all the details now. It would strike me as odd if he can figure out the best strategy, while driving, better than a team of engineers with computer models.

But yes, it is even more odd that he chooses to publicly blame the team - the only team that will ever be built around him.

Yet another person using a rediculous analagy to try and make a point. Funny.

Should i stoop to correcting your spelling? No. Some of the toys in your pram have got sharp edges.

Not a fan of analogies then? I thought it demonstrated quite nicely that one should never EVER criticise ones team in public. It aint cricket.