Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxtrot023

Alonso Signs Deal With Ferrari?

Not a fan of analogies then? I thought it demonstrated quite nicely that one should never EVER criticise ones team in public. It aint cricket.

We are living in 2008 not the 1950s

Michael Schumacher would never say something like that ever!

Neither Alonso is Schumacher nor Symonds is Brawn.

What is more important, I don't think the relationship between Alonso and Symonds is any similar to the relationship between Schumacher and Brawn. Anyway, I still think we don't know the whole story about him pitting with Kubica, Kimi and Hamilton. I think Alonso was expecting a risky strategy all or nothing style while Symonds was happy with a conservative one and a few points grabbed.

We are living in 2008 not the 1950s

What on earth does that mean?

Neither Alonso is Schumacher nor Symonds is Brawn.

Neither seven titles is Fernando's nor Renault's. :P

Alonso to Ferrari??? Him & Kimi together = the best F1 partnership since Senna & Prost!

You are great mikathegreat. :)

What on earth does that mean?

It means modern people do not work on outmoded principles of Fair Play (you should know, you supported one of the biggest cheats in the history of motorsport). Formula 1 is a high powered, result driven world and Fernando is well within his rights to complain if he feels that his team cost him a decent result.

Thanks AleHop but think about it! They will rule F1 for God knows how many years! It's weird cos my Dad was talking about it at the start of the season!

Thanks AleHop but think about it! They will rule F1 for God knows how many years! It's weird cos my Dad was talking about it at the start of the season!

Your Dad is Great too! :yes:

And I hope he is right.

It means modern people do not work on outmoded principles of Fair Play (you should know, you supported one of the biggest cheats in the history of motorsport). Formula 1 is a high powered, result driven world and Fernando is well within his rights to complain if he feels that his team cost him a decent result.

You talk as if stupidity were a virtue.

Michael Schumacher understood the virtues of being a complete team player. If there was something to say, it would be done behind closed doors. That is how he got the complete respect and loyalty from his team. How on earth you conclude that to be an outmoded principle is beyond me.

Fernando is trading on the fact that he is better than the car he has currently been provided. If he spoke that way at Maranello, with their current chassis, he would be quite correctly kicked out on his arse, Prost stylee.

Fernando is trading on the fact that he is better than the car he has currently been provided. If he spoke that way at Maranello, with their current chassis, he would be quite correctly kicked out on his arse, Prost stylee.

I don't think Alonso is that c#ckie. He is wrong talking publicly about that matter but he wants the team to change the approach to the races in the future. He didn't want to pit with the top three because he knew it wouldn't deliver a good result. He might grab some points but he wanted a bigger risk for at least a podium. It is important here that he was right but it is most important that he doesn't want it to happen again.

I don't think Alonso is that c#ckie. He is wrong talking publicly about that matter but he wants the team to change the approach to the races in the future. He didn't want to pit with the top three because he knew it wouldn't deliver a good result. He might grab some points but he wanted a bigger risk for at least a podium. It is important here that he was right but it is most important that he doesn't want it to happen again.

:rofl:

The decision was a 50/50 decision that resulted in Nando rejoining the track behind the lumbering Nick. It was unfortunate, but equally the team would expect a 2 x wdc to make lighter work of dispatching of Nick - it was not to be and it resulted in nando making an unforced error and spinning out of the race. To then come and say that the team cost him the chance of victory by not making the right call is a bit below the belt IMHO.

When he opted for the wet tyres in Monaco and it failed, the team didn't come out and say that he should have taken their advice. A team enjoy success together and suffer upsets together.

Remember Nando did the same thing in 2006 when he knew he was off to Mclaren - he accused the team of not helping him to win the WDC and also accused Fisi of not helping him in his WDC pursuit. It really does beggar belief that Renault see him as the best they can get in an F1 driver - has their confidence really fallen that low.

Before anyone accuses me of a hatred for Nando, I don't hate him I just find him a very complex character.

Read Hamilton's remarks about Mclaren, he's said plenty of stupid things, but he knows the team relationship. He always always comes out and apologises for his mistakes and never criticizes the team in public.

That's why Hamilton will eventually be a WDC, and Alonso is the new JV. HE doesn't get the team game at all. He couldn't even stand to have a Barrichello or a MAssa next to him.

Imagine Alonso in Kimi's situation now, with Massa leading him and getting shunted out of a race. The world would be against him, his team would be sabotaging him. Kimi's taking it in his stride. s##t happens. Ferrari picked the right driver.

Fernando is trading on double WDCs, and that's only going to take him so far.

But you once claimed I talk like your dad! :P

Fernando is trading on double WDCs, and that's only going to take him so far.

And double WDCs are not too far away, you think?

The master tactician continues his work

Fernando Alonso thinks Renault should consider abandoning development of this year's R28 if planned upgrades for the next two races are not a big success.

The former world champion is having a frustrating time at the French car manufacturer, who are currently lying a lowly seventh in the constructors' championship.

And ahead of planned aerodynamic updates for the next two races, plus engine and gearbox improvements, Alonso thinks it is getting crunch time for Renault to decide whether to push ahead developing this year's car or switch focus to 2009.

"It's a difficult decision, no doubt," said the Spaniard. "It has to be made sooner or later. I know it's difficult, and I have a strong opinion about it. After Silverstone you have to think about it. We have a couple of developments coming for Magny-Cours and Silverstone.

"Let's wait and see what these do to the car, maybe at those tracks it will be good, so we can carry on developing this car. If it's not good, maybe the season will already be [over] so it's time to think about next year."

Although each individual improvement is unlikely to radically boost the performance of the car, Alonso believes the components added together should make a big difference.

"A small step in every area can make a huge gain," he said. "Let's wait and see. I'm sure that we can go up in the performance, and hopefully that will put us in the points for the championship."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68183

If you don't get it read this story;

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3673552,00.html

Alonso has get out clauses which are performance related

:eusa_think:

And, no I don't hate Alonso

Why all this fuss about Renault's technical development anyway? Why doesn't Alonso simply hand over his 6 tenths?

Why all this fuss about Renault's technical development anyway? Why doesn't Alonso simply hand over his 6 tenths?

Maybe he left them at Mclaren :eusa_think:

For a guy that repeats he does not hate Alonso like a mantra, you really read too much into a perfectly logical, rational opinion about Renault their present and their perspectives. For us with lower IQs could you please be so kind as to explain what is th erelationship between both articles?

I also agree with Kubica on his opinion about Alonso, minus the fact that it would be fun. I agree with Nando's critics that it will probably be a nightmare but who knows.

Good work, you still can do it better but you are very close to your limit.

But you once claimed I talk like your dad! :P
I did? Cos that means you are now a big Ferrari fan who hates McLaren cos of Ron Dennis but he sort of likes Hamilton but did say prick after I told him that he won the Monaco GP mainly cos ITV's deep obsession with him!

For a guy that repeats he does not hate Alonso like a mantra, you really read too much into a perfectly logical, rational opinion about Renault their present and their perspectives. For us with lower IQs could you please be so kind as to explain what is th erelationship between both articles?

I also agree with Kubica on his opinion about Alonso, minus the fact that it would be fun. I agree with Nando's critics that it will probably be a nightmare but who knows.

Ok, you asked :P

Renault currently rank 7th in the WCC - If, as Alonso is suggesting, they do indeed focus on next year's car and 'give up' on this year's car, there is a fair chance that they will not meet the performances clauses set out in his contract. That being the case, Alonso will then hold all the aces come the end of the season and can either choose to stay with Renault or exercise the release clause and go wherever he likes.

The best chance Renault have of retaining Nando for 09 is to improve the car now or they can risk losing him by focusing on next year's car.

What would you do

Ok, you asked :P

Renault currently rank 7th in the WCC - If, as Alonso is suggesting, they do indeed focus on next year's car and 'give up' on this year's car, there is a fair chance that they will not meet the performances clauses set out in his contract. That being the case, Alonso will then hold all the aces come the end of the season and can either choose to stay with Renault or exercise the release clause and go wherever he likes.

The best chance Renault have of retaining Nando for 09 is to improve the car now or they can risk losing him by focusing on next year's car.

What would you do

All that from a guy just saying "let's be honest, we are 7th in the WCC, we better start working on next year's car"? What if he said "great job guys! let's focus on this crap of a car"? Wouldn't you think he was just hoping for this year's failure so he could get out of Renault?

Problem with such assumptions: most of them work both ways.