Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxtrot023

Alonso Signs Deal With Ferrari?

:lol: It's an interesting question what Alonso was really thinking. On the one hand I can see Fed Up's argument that Alonso is widely thought (not just by the British press, or the Lewisterics) to want to move on to Ferrari or BMW, because even if they focused now on 2010's car, Renault wouldn't win him a WDC again any time soon. Nevertheless, as Andres says writing 2008 off might be the best thing to do objectively anyway. The best argument against Fed Up that I can see is something Andres also alludes to: Alonso at BMW with Kubica would quite likely be a disaster. Tbh I tend to agree with Fed Up's guess more than Andres's, but who knows; and if Alonso is planning on leaving, where will he go and who will he partner?

:lol: It's an interesting question what Alonso was really thinking. On the one hand I can see Fed Up's argument that Alonso is widely thought (not just by the British press, or the Lewisterics) to want to move on to Ferrari or BMW, because even if they focused now on 2010's car, Renault wouldn't win him a WDC again any time soon. Nevertheless, as Andres says writing 2008 off might be the best thing to do objectively anyway. The best argument against Fed Up that I can see is something Andres also alludes to: Alonso at BMW with Kubica would quite likely be a disaster. Tbh I tend to agree with Fed Up's guess more than Andres's, but who knows; and if Alonso is planning on leaving, where will he go and who will he partner?

He may be planing to quit!

For a guy that repeats he does not hate Alonso like a mantra, you really read too much into a perfectly logical, rational opinion about Renault their present and their perspectives. For us with lower IQs could you please be so kind as to explain what is th erelationship between both articles?

Perhaps he should focus on not crashing the car? They could have doubled their points tally in the last two races if Fernando hadn't blown it. If he can't do his own job well, he can hardly complain about others can he. A real driver right now would be pounding away at the test tracks. His remarks to the media are not constructive in anyway, it's like he is the sole spokesman for Renault, on race strategy, car development everything. And while handing out that advice, he is also rather obviously and transparently angling for a Ferrari seat. You don't even plan to stay F@#$%^^, what do you care what Renault does next year.

Perhaps he should focus on not crashing the car? They could have doubled their points tally in the last two races if Fernando hadn't blown it. If he can't do his own job well, he can hardly complain about others can he. A real driver right now would be pounding away at the test tracks. His remarks to the media are not constructive in anyway, it's like he is the sole spokesman for Renault, on race strategy, car development everything. And while handing out that advice, he is also rather obviously and transparently angling for a Ferrari seat. You don't even plan to stay F@#$%^^, what do you care what Renault does next year.

Because they would be a threat to him! :P:P

Tsk, tsk. So much hatred in the air :P

Ok. Let's do this. I will accept for this post that Nando is the greatest cheat of all times. That he is a monster of arrogance. That he only is in this for the money. That he eats human flesh. That he killed Kennedy. Feel free to add whatever you want to this list. I will accept it all (no, Paul, not you! and I was talking about Nando, not me!)

Now, as my IQ is still as low as it was a few posts ago. Could any of you what the feck does any of that have to do with the fact that the guy is saying what anybody else would have said about Renault??? I can understand that many of you dislike Nando, heck, I even can't stand the guy many times. But to see any signs of malice in this article needs really a paranoid mind that would put Senator McCarthy to shame.

But to see any signs of malice in this article

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity."

It's just funny, for the past two years he has been doing everything possible to destroy his career :lol:

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity."

It's just funny, for the past two years he has been doing everything possible to destroy his career :lol:

I'll give you that, too. I feel generous today. My objection still stands, though. :P

Ok. Let's do this. I will accept for this post that Nando is the greatest cheat of all times. That he is a monster of arrogance. That he only is in this for the money. That he eats human flesh. That he killed Kennedy. Feel free to add whatever you want to this list. I will accept it all (no, Paul, not you! and I was talking about Nando, not me!)

Now, as my IQ is still as low as it was a few posts ago. Could any of you what the feck does any of that have to do with the fact that the guy is saying what anybody else would have said about Renault??? I can understand that many of you dislike Nando, heck, I even can't stand the guy many times. But to see any signs of malice in this article needs really a paranoid mind that would put Senator McCarthy to shame.

Now let me help you again :P

I'm not saying Nando is indeed going to jump ship and you may be right that he is taking the sensible approach given that 09 could really shake up the grid due to the new regs. What I'm saying is that if Renault abandoned the development of this year's car they effectively give up their option for Nando services for next year. It will then mean that Alonso can flirt with all and sundry and decide where he wants to go rather than be forced by an option in his contract.

- In 06 he jumped ship without even telling Flavio

- In 07 he again created an environment where it was impossible for him to stay at Mclaren and left!

- in 08 he has already accused the team of costing him a win due to strategy

Jenson Button pays monetary compensation to get out of contracts, Nando is more clever than that.

Although it is still early days, it is clear to me that Renault have made a mistake in laying out the red carpet for Nando's return. By mortgaging their future to pay his salary they've had to settle for Piquet as the number 2 (for parmalat $$) and released a gem in Heikki. Last season they were the 4th best team now they're the 7th

My take

;)

Mario Theissen, apart from that moustache, is a shrewd customer. If you were him, when looking back at how Fernando ran around at McLaren with a waistcoat full of grenades, would you take Fernando on? Bob may be throwing down the gauntlet in public and i suspect that he would brush away any Fernandy-petulance like a blue bottle from a turd, but it's so unnecessary. Nick is not as capable as Fernando but still able to bring home an all conquering Beemer in second place.

Fernando should be able to pick any team in the pitlane. As it is, the teams are carefully weighing up the virtues and pitfalls of having him. So, Mario, walk away. Chase Nico and see your sponsors swoon.

Now let me help you again :P

I'm not saying Nando is indeed going to jump ship and you may be right that he is taking the sensible approach given that 09 could really shake up the grid due to the new regs. What I'm saying is that if Renault abandoned the development of this year's car they effectively give up their option for Nando services for next year. It will then mean that Alonso can flirt with all and sundry and decide where he wants to go rather than be forced by an option in his contract.

- In 06 he jumped ship without even telling Flavio

- In 07 he again created an environment where it was impossible for him to stay at Mclaren and left!

- in 08 he has already accused the team of costing him a win due to strategy

Jenson Button pays monetary compensation to get out of contracts, Nando is more clever than that.

Although it is still early days, it is clear to me that Renault have made a mistake in laying out the red carpet for Nando's return. By mortgaging their future to pay his salary they've had to settle for Piquet as the number 2 (for parmalat $$) and released a gem in Heikki. Last season they were the 4th best team now they're the 7th

My take

;)

That's alll very nice and plausible. But it's not what I am saying. Your theory is possible (I would not say probable, but that goes with everybody's idea of how shrewd Alonso really is) but it still has nothing to do with t he article posted. It's like taking an article where Hammy talks about track conditions at Magny Cours, then say that it proves that he will stay at McLaren next year.

Umberto Ecco would call this "cogitus interruptus", a situation where someone hints that there is a conection between two things when there actually isn't.

That's alll very nice and plausible. But it's not what I am saying. Your theory is possible (I would not say probable, but that goes with everybody's idea of how shrewd Alonso really is) but it still has nothing to do with t he article posted. It's like taking an article where Hammy talks about track conditions at Magny Cours, then say that it proves that he will stay at McLaren next year.

Umberto Ecco would call this "cogitus interruptus", a situation where someone hints that there is a conection between two things when there actually isn't.

It doesn't matter to me either way, but I never take what Alonso says at face value, there is always a hidden meaning in his constant briefing of the Spansih press. I admit there is a very flimsy connection between the 2 articles and i guess you are sticking to this instead of looking at the broader meaning of what he is actually stating.

IMHO Alonso cannot afford to spend another season in a car that is only challenging for points - if he does, as Cav has said, he will suffer the same fate as JV and Jenson Button. For example, at the beginning of the season his stock was higher than that of Kubica despite al the goings on at Mclaren - I'd argue that is no longer the case as he is over driving the car and making elementary mistakes. Kubica, on the otherhand, looks a WDC for the future, so teams are more likely to hanker after him than Alonso on current form - Webber is also outperforming Alonso.

He needs to get out before it's too late and he knows it.

Just thinking outside the box Andres, there is no need to take things literally it is all conjceture and speculation at this stage.

;)

It doesn't matter to me either way, but I never take what Alonso says at face value, there is always a hidden meaning in his constant briefing of the Spansih press. I admit there is a very flimsy connection between the 2 articles and i guess you are sticking to this instead of looking at the broader meaning of what he is actually stating.

IMHO Alonso cannot afford to spend another season in a car that is only challenging for points - if he does, as Cav has said, he will suffer the same fate as JV and Jenson Button. For example, at the beginning of the season his stock was higher than that of Kubica despite al the goings on at Mclaren - I'd argue that is no longer the case as he is over driving the car and making elementary mistakes. Kubica, on the otherhand, looks a WDC for the future, so teams are more likely to hanker after him than Alonso on current form - Webber is also outperforming Alonso.

He needs to get out before it's too late and he knows it.

Just thinking outside the box Andres, there is no need to take things literally it is all conjceture and speculation at this stage.

;)

Yes, I was just focusing on the relationship on the two articles. As for the theory itself, I think it is not too probable but hey, Alonso is complex enough to be a bit unpredictable so who knows.

That's not what you normally say.

Anyway, since you're not playing anymore you will find the pix on www.my-jilted-baldy.com

at the beginning of the season [Alonso's] stock was higher than that of Kubica despite al the goings on at Mclaren - I'd argue that is no longer the case as he is over driving the car and making elementary mistakes. Kubica, on the otherhand, looks a WDC for the future, so teams are more likely to hanker after him than Alonso on current form - Webber is also outperforming Alonso.

Indeed. Perhaps that is another reason why Alonso is over-driving, and making the kind of comments he often does when under pressure.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the guy. Now that most of the predictions the Alonso-critics made have come true - Renault won't gain that much from him, McLaren will be fine without him (rather than fined with him) etc - and now that his mainly moronic fans have piped down, I wish he'd just change his awkward ways and show us all how good he is again, in a car worthy of his talent. Would be great to see him against Kubica in an harmonious team where everyone is getting a fair deal.

Indeed. Perhaps that is another reason why Alonso is over-driving, and making the kind of comments he often does when under pressure.

hah, you do not know how glad I am of you throwing in this statement... Alonso is apparently doing what Kimi did when he had "inferior" equipment.....makes you think is'nt it!!!!!

for all of his Kimi is destroying his toys crap!!!

hah, you do not know how glad I am of you throwing in this statement... Alonso is apparently doing what Kimi did when he had "inferior" equipment.....makes you think is'nt it!!!!!

for all of his Kimi is destroying his toys crap!!!

Kimi was busy breaking the fastest car on the grid in '05, hardly 'inferior'. Different scenario. Alonso is overdriving, showing us his limitations as a driver and his lack of mental strength.

Engines are far harder to break now, which might explain why Kimi is so much gentler on them now, with the 19k rpm limits.

Kimi was busy breaking the fastest car on the grid in '05, hardly 'inferior'. Different scenario. Alonso is overdriving, showing us his limitations as a driver and his lack of mental strength.

Engines are far harder to break now, which might explain why Kimi is so much gentler on them now, with the 19k rpm limits.

and still poor febble minded Alonso still managed to beat your idol Schumi in 06 B)

Fernando Alonso says he is yet to decide if he will stay at the Renault team following the end of this season.

The Spaniard is believed to have a performance-related clause in his contract that would allows him to leave the French squad at the end of the year.

Alonso, returning to Renault after a year with McLaren, has scored just nine points in seven races and lies in ninth place in the drivers' championship.

The two-time champion admitted the season has been worse than he had expected and says he will decide on his future later in the year.

"I don't know (if I will stay with Renault)," he told a news conference on Monday. "It's not been a good year so far and it has been worse than we expected. We have not been on the podium, let alone won a race.

Perhaps, if you hadn't binned it in Canada, Nando, the team would have at least achieved a podium.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68373

"I don't know (if I will stay with Renault)," he told a news conference on Monday. "It's not been a good year so far and it has been worse than we expected. We have not been on the podium, let alone won a race.

"We have a lot of work to do. I will take a decision on my future towards the end of the year when we'll be able to see how far we have come."

The Renault driver, however, is positive the French squad can enjoy a strong race in Magny-Cours this weekend.

"In France we have a lot of support and for me it's like racing in Barcelona," he said. "During the week the team have worked hard and have made improvements with the car in testing. We have taken another step forward.

"I feel full of confidence at the moment and we are on the right track."

A more complete quote of the article Fed Up has posted.

"Good morning," said the Spaniard at a press conference.

A more complete quote of the article Quiet One posted.

A more complete quote of the article Quiet One posted.

"Thanks for listening to my rants" said the spaniard. :P