Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxtrot023

Alonso Signs Deal With Ferrari?

:D Oh no, so you are into 25 minute-long songs about goblins then?

'fraid so. Any band that writes the lyrics "The air won't stay the demon's wings, the hour approaches, pounding out the devil's sermon" floats my boat. It's ridiculous and non-sensical. Probably why it suits me.

I always preferred Focus. 25 minutes of yodelling and flute solos.

Prog rock is like, unlocking the key to your soul, man........

I always preferred Focus. 25 minutes of yodelling and flute solos.

Prog rock is like, unlocking the key to your soul, man........

Why, that'll be 'Hocus Pocus' you speak of. Awesome band, one of my fave's.

This Maure bloke definitely didn't get all he wanted at Christmas when he was young.

Is that all you have? Christmas? It must have been quite a traumatic time in your life...

Hold on, hold on,... nope,... I'm afraid I don't feel your pain.

Is that all you have? Christmas? It must have been quite a traumatic time in your life...

Hold on, hold on,... nope,... I'm afraid I don't feel your pain.

Any more demands then?

Thats funny as i heard this week that Alonso has already signed for ................Honda!!

I fell sick...

Santander poised for Ferrari switch

By Jonathan Noble Friday, July 11th 2008, 16:53 GMT

Spanish banking giant Santander is set to become a Ferrari sponsor in 2010, high level sources have told autosport.com.

In a move that would heighten speculation former world champion Fernando Alonso is on his way to the Maranello outfit, Santander is poised to switch teams after its current exclusive arrangement with McLaren comes to an end.

The company originally joined the Woking-based team at the start of 2007 as it intended to make the most of the team's capture of Alonso.

However, the former world champion had a troubled time at McLaren and quit them to join Renault for this season. The Spaniard and his team are sponsored by Dutch banking group ING.

Alonso is believed to be holding out for a Ferrari deal, and has been tipped as favourite to join the Italian squad in the near future.

However, news of the Santander move in 2010 will only increase suggestions that a deal is in the offing with the Spaniard. Santander would be unlikely to commit to the team without some hint about Alonso's future plans.

A Santander spokeswoman refused to comment on the speculation, but made it clear on Friday the company was committed with McLaren until the end of next year.

"We are not making any comments about this," she told autosport.com when asked about the Ferrari deal. "We have a contract with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes until the end of 2009."

Despite Santander's planned future switch to Ferrari, there is a chance that the company could also opt to maintain some link with McLaren from 2010.

Although McLaren lost Alonso, Santander has benefited greatly, especially in the United Kingdom, through its association with Lewis Hamilton. This has been bolstered by the company's title sponsorship of the British Grand Prix.

Source

Well..

Well..

Several newspapers (serious ones like El Pais, ABC, etc) have pick up this story too, that Santander will become a sponsor of Ferrari to the tune of 30 million Euro per year for at least 3 yrs. The corporate director of PR said in a radio interview that Santander was going to invest heavily in F1, and that they were 100% behind Alonso.

This is curioser and curioser

Interesting, but and there is always a but. Ferrari are a great team for sponsors to be associated with, because of their massive worldwide following. Santander while the Spanish connection is clear, and with a direct link to Fernando Santander may see the possible chance that Fernando does indeed sign with the Scuderia as an added bonus to the partnership.

Kimi and Felipe are like two guys sat alone at a banquet who are just picking at the garnish of grapes. Fernando is the hungry boy outside with face pressed up against the glass, dismayed at their apparent lack of appetite (as well as Felipe dropping cutlery on the floor).

Head chef Domenicali looks on, scowling at the waste and wondering whether to take an offering outside to the hungry one........

Kimi and Felipe are like two guys sat alone at a banquet who are just picking at the garnish of grapes. Fernando is the hungry boy outside with face pressed up against the glass, dismayed at their apparent lack of appetite (as well as Felipe dropping cutlery on the floor).

Head chef Domenicali looks on, scowling at the waste and wondering whether to take an offering outside to the hungry one........

hahahahaha :lol:

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Very good description.

:clap3:

The rumour was that Honda were interested in signing Alonso.

However, it now appears that Honda have agreed to retain the two B's and with Red Bull now sorted that leaves Alonso with a move to either Renault, BMW or Ferrari.

The Button+Honda combination is starting to get boring...

The Button+Honda combination is starting to get boring...

I think both the team and driver match each other...

They both suck :P

*runs and hides...