Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Dod Monaco

Pick 'em  

60 members have voted

1. 1. So who was it?

• Hamilton
    • Kubica
    • Massa
    • Webber
    • Vettel
    • Barichello
    • Nakajima
    • Kovalainen
    • Sutil
    • Kimi
    • Someone else

Sutil had to be added for me - but I resisted the temptation to make it multichoice :)

Lewis for me plus creditable mention for Kubi, Webber, Sutil, Vettel and Nakajima

NB: is there any need for Sutil's name in capitals or are you trying to go against tradition as usual

:P

Lewis for me plus creditable mention for Kubi, Webber, Sutil, Vettel and Nakajima

:lol: You win the craziest fanboy award. He crashed, was slower than his teammate.

NB: is there any need for Sutil's name in capitals or are you trying to go against tradition as usual

His name is in capitals because he was DOD.

Honestly - 3 reasons.

1. I was really really excited by his outstanding performance

2. I wanted people to see him because it's not the usual list of just the top 8

3. I wanted people to see his name so they could vote for him if they wanted to (okay - maybe a little naughty, but not nearly as naughty as the old kimster today)

His name is in capitals because he was DOD.

I think he did very well, but we need to put his performance in perspective

- 1 stop strategy

- safety car

- mistakes by all of the top drivers

- he is also very good in wet conditions

Vettel is just as good if not better.

Do you really think you can place Hamilton as the DOD?. He won, but was very fortunate. I think Sutil, Kubica and Massa all had better races, but didn't have as good of luck. Hamilton was stellar putting together those string of laps before his final pit stop. I'll give him credit there, but man he was lucky not only to recover from smacking the wall, but to have that incident actually help his chances of winning, was pure blind arse luck!!!!!!..

I think he did very well, but we need to put his performance in perspective

- 1 stop strategy

- safety car

- mistakes by all of the top drivers

- he is also very good in wet conditions

Vettel is just as good if not better.

But if we compare Sutil and Hamilton's races then Sutil was much better! He made no errors unlike all the other drivers bar Kubi and his pace was exceptional given the car he had.

What's wrong with gaining from so called top drivers mistakes? If your argument is based on luck, and you think Hamilton didn't have any, then I can't help you :lol:

Do you really think you can place Hamilton as the DOD?. He won, but was very fortunate. I think Sutil, Kubica and Massa all had better races, but didn't have as good of luck. Hamilton was stellar putting together those string of laps before his final pit stop. I'll give him credit there, but man he was lucky not only to recover from smacking the wall, but to have that incident actually help his chances of winning, was pure blind arse luck!!!!!!..

Yes, Lewis was fantastic today and IMHO was DOD. After his mistake and unscheduled pitstop he was 4th. His middle stint when he managed to leapfrog Massa & Kubica was masterful - He was the fastest driver on the track and deservedly won the race. Remember he managed to overturn a 16 sec gap to Felipe to a 33 sec lead before Rosberg's shunt

In the interests of fairness I've added KIMI in capitals too just for you :P

Yes, Lewis was fantastic today and IMHO was DOD. After his mistake and unscheduled pitstop he was 4th. His middle stint when he managed to leapfrog Massa & Kubica was masterful - He was the fastest driver on the track and deservedly won the race. Remember he managed to overturn a 16 sec gap to Felipe to a 33 sec lead before Rosberg's shunt

His teammate was still faster. So it was the car.

Honestly - 3 reasons.

1. I was really really excited by his outstanding performance

2. I wanted people to see him because it's not the usual list of just the top 8

3. I wanted people to see his name so they could vote for him if they wanted to (okay - maybe a little naughty, but not nearly as naughty as the old kimster today)

His name doesn't need to be highlighted for people to see it. Best to either put all names in caps or not or some could accuse you of being condescending if you genuinely believe what you've written here.

Either way it doesn't matter, you have your choice and others will have theirs.

I hear you. He did have a masterful middle section, and I can see how you could form that opinion. I just think he benefitted from better luck today then the guys I picked ahead of him.

I guess you gotta be good to get lucky, and today Hamilton was both.

But if we compare Sutil and Hamilton's races then Sutil was much better! He made no errors unlike all the other drivers bar Kubi and his pace was exceptional given the car he had.

What's wrong with gaining from so called top drivers mistakes? If your argument is based on luck, and you think Hamilton didn't have any, then I can't help you :lol:

I think Kimi was the driver of the day today because:

1) Hamilton is black

2) The cars have 4 wheels

3) Everyone was s##t today

4) He likes to take a s##t.

He was the fastest driver on the track and deservedly won the race.

I agree that Lewis drove a good race and did very well. I still think Sutil was DOD though.

Incidently - over the race distance Hamilton was indeed fastest (he won) but...

1. He only put in the 6th fastest lap

2. If we pick the "fastest driver" (i.e. the winner) for the DOD every time, then lets just stop doing DOD

3. Do you pick the winner for DOD every race? hmm.. thought not

;)

His name doesn't need to be highlighted for people to see it. Best to either put all names in caps or not or some could accuse you of being condescending if you genuinely believe what you've written here.

Either way it doesn't matter, you have your choice and others will have theirs.

My my - if it really matters that much I'll change it.

Boy - I wouldn't want to fall out over the capitalisation of a name.

My first reply was a little light humor, since I thought you're complaint about "SUTIL" rather than "Sutil" was in jest.

Evidently you were serious.

Consider it done.

EDIT - done, and oh yes -

I have my choice and others will have theirs.

So far - 9 for Sutil and 1 for Hamilton.

Lewis an Sutil did very well, you must also remember that it was their pit stop stratedy that make them look better. Lewis get my vote, after his first mistake from which he luckly escaped, he was on fire. May be he didn't set the fastest lap because he didn't need to do that.

Poor Sutil. I see a lot of bitching agaist Kimi, where as most of you guys don't even bother to take a note on what Alonso did to Nick. I think Nando could have got his car to third if he was a little more patient.

I think Kimi was the driver of the day today because:

1) Hamilton is black

2) The cars have 4 wheels

3) Everyone was s##t today

4) He likes to take a s##t.

:lol:

I guess when people are picking DOD logic goes out the window.

Webber of course! He went on to dry tyres when the track was still too wet, and still managed to capitalise on the mistakes of others by being his usual Mr smooth. Points is where it counts. Nicely done too from Vettel, and bad luck to Sutil.

Lewis an Sutil did very well, you must also remember that it was their pit stop stratedy that make them look better. Lewis get my vote, after his first mistake from which he luckly escaped, he was on fire. May be he didn't set the fastest lap because he didn't need to do that.

Poor Sutil. I see a lot of bitching agaist Kimi, where as most of you guys don't even bother to take a note on what Alonso did to Nick. I think Nando could have got his car to third if he was a little more patient.

Completely agree. Hamilton didn't need to set the fastest lap - my last post was in answer to Fed-up claiming he was the fastest on the track though.

The reason I plump for Sutil though is this - he started in 19th and was in 4th. Hamilton started from 3rd and won.

I agree Hamilton did do well though. And I also agree that fortune favored them both. And yes Nando had a bit of a mare too.

I went for Kubica because once again he seemed to have a big edge over his well-regarded team mate. Sutil drove a great race too, and won't have done his chances of staying around any harm.