Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sudarshan the shumi fan

Force India Files A Complaint

Force India's Adrian Sutil and the team's chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne werer summoned to the Monaco Grand Prix stewards after the German lost a potential fourth place following an accident with Kimi Raikkonen.

The world champion appeared to lose control of his Ferrari under braking for the chicane on the final restart of a rain-affected race, before hitting the rear of the Force India, causing terminal damage to the German's car.

Sutil was disconsolate having produced a career-best drive in the wet conditions, and Gascoyne told UK broadcaster ITV that he believed that had the roles been reversed his driver could have expected a penalty.

"The frustration is that if that had been a Force India driver hitting a world champion we would expect to get a one or two race ban, but when it is the other way around it is disappointing that the stewards... well you know I hope they look at it and act accordingly," said Gascoyne.

"We have asked the stewards immediately to look at it because they should do," he added.

"That sort of driving, taking someone else out needlessly, as I said if that had been someone at the back, a young guy doing it, they would get a penalty. But it doesn't seem to happen the other way around."

Gascoyne said he was particularly disappointed because the incident had come after Force India's best performance in Formula One.

Sutil had made the most of wet conditions to climb into the top seven by lap 15, and Gascoyne said that it was through a combination of good driving, clever strategy and some fortune that they were running fourth on merit, between the Ferraris of Felipe Massa and Raikkonen when the accident occurred.

"Obviously it was a great event for us and a great race from Adrian," he said. "We got some luck in certain things, but also we were very much on top of the strategy. We were in control, we picked up places on the track because we controlled when to switch to dry tyres.

"On the restart we didn't really have a problem, but Raikkonen always looked as if he was going to do something stupid and in the end he did.

"Adrian has always been good in mixed conditions, obviously last year in the wet around here and on Saturday morning when it was he was very competitive, so we were pretty confident in him.

"Even on the restart we felt he could cope with Raikkonen behind him. And he could, he made a good restart, bringing his tyres in, everything was under control but he just got hit up the back."

I seriously think it is unfair, its a racing incident and we have seen it many times.

I feel what Gascoyne is saying is rubbish. Saying 1 or 2 race ban.

What do you guys feel?

I seriously think it is unfair, its a racing incident and we have seen it many times.

I feel what Gascoyne is saying is rubbish. Saying 1 or 2 race ban.

What do you guys feel?

It depends. Do i sympathise with Adrian and the whole of their team? Of course, the implications are huge for them. They are rightly aggrieved. But filing a complaint to get Kimi punished? If Kimi had a history of being reckless and a regular cause of accidents then i would say, yes, he should be punished. But there was no intent. He didn't want to crash. It was a mistake. It happens.

Move on Mike, old boy.

That's just a racing incident.

How many times we have seen this, it happens even in dry races where the driver loses control.

No doubt Sutil drove very well, but it's bad luck and you got to live with it.

If KIMI was stupid and reckless we would not have been a world champion

That's just a racing incident.

How many times we have seen this, it happens even in dry races where the driver loses control.

No doubt Sutil drove very well, but it's bad luck and you got to live with it.

If KIMI was stupid and reckless we would not have been a world champion

It reminds me of Kimi losing his first win to Micheal when he went off after skiding when he ran over one of Toyota's spilt oil and as the yellow flags were waving Micheal overtook him and won the GP. That was unfair.

But what happened today was a racing incident. I hope they bring traction control back if they need to improve overtaking.

Racing incident. Poor Sutil. But he has a good chance of getting in a better team next season because of this race^^

Force India driver Adrian Sutil has been cautioned for overtaking under yellow flags during the rain-affected Monaco Grand Prix.

Sutil and the team's chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne were summoned to the steward's office after the race, and the German was reprimanded for passing Rubens Barrichello, Kazuki Nakajima and Nelson Piquet on lap 13.

A statement read: "The stewards do warn the driver of car no.20 as to his future behaviour in relation to appendix H, Chapter 2, Article 4.1.2b of the International Sporting Code."

He probably would have been stripped of the points anyway had he won any - For those insisting on a ban for Kimi, Sutil could also suffer the same fate for the above misdemeanors

:P

He probably would have been stripped of the points anyway had he won any - For those insisting on a ban for Kimi, Sutil could also suffer the same fate for the above misdemeanors

:P

I just read it! :P

Just read it, Stewards decide not to take any action against KIMI :)

A statement read: "The Stewards after hearing the explanation of both the Competitors representatives and the drivers decided that the incident requires no further action."

Poor GASCOYNE , needs to judge and think better before making comments.

I can understand that Force India are upset, but I can't believe Mike would carry on like this, he has the experience to know that it was a racing incident and sadly these things happen. Move on and avoid looking like a bunch of cry babies.

Don't forget EBS or ABS.

And active suspensions.

and automatic transmissons like CVTs, flexy wings, movable floors and Secrete fuel tank! :P

Okay, just joking about the fuel tank.

Its amazing how fuel effiecient the Mercedes and BMW engines are. I heard that both of them could fuel their cars consuming less time to Ferrari, obviously with less fuel because they consume less fuel. hmm.....

and automatic transmissons like CVTs, flexy wings, movable floors and Secrete fuel tank! :P

Okay, just joking about the fuel tank.

Its amazing how fuel effiecient the Mercedes and BMW engines are. I heard that both of them could fuel their cars consuming less time to Ferrari, obviously with less fuel because they consume less fuel. hmm.....

Nop they said that BMW pit stop is 1 SEC less than what Ferrari's is and 2 sec less than what Mclaren's is.

So if it has got anything to do with Fuel efficiency then Ferrari v8 is more efficient than Mercedes Engine.

looks like we all agree - racing incident

Racing incident? Kimi was drunk...he couldn't even drive straight....he was just trying to park by his yacht.

Racing incident? Kimi was drunk...he couldn't even drive straight....he was just trying to park by his yacht.

:lol:

Kimi did well to keep it off the wall. That was the F1 equivalent to a tank slapper!!!

Racing incident, yes. But does anyone honestly believe that, had the roles been reversed, there wouldn't have been a massive hue and cry?

Racing incident, yes. But does anyone honestly believe that, had the roles been reversed, there wouldn't have been a massive hue and cry?

You would like to hope that Ferrari wouldn't b!tch and moan, if the sitaution had been reversed, they have been around long enough to know that this kind of thing happens in motorsport. But then again we are talking about Ferrari.

Force India have a good reason to negotiate a better engine deal with for 2009 on the basis of lost points.

While I agree it was the right call to make, it was plainly a racing incident, I also agree with aussie.

Had the situation been reversed Ferrari (or any team for that matter) would have been screaming for Sutil's head.

i don't agree ..i think @ same spot too many guys lost the control ..coulthard,rosberg & Heikki & Condition were tricky!

FIA/Bernie hv soft corner for Hamilton & Ferrari.So you never know ... :P

simple racing incident. if you want blood for Kimi's downhill antics then Alonso wants stringing up for his wreckless lunge. I still find it a little odd that Kimi sliding sidways with the anchors on was still quicker than sutil on the same piece of tarmac.

I think overall it was a fustrating day for most drivers, Hammy, Kubi and Sutil did well but next time in the same conditions thay could easily be the first to go off. Street races, rain and all that horse power don't really go.

Q. Did you see Kimi crash into Sutil?

MW: "Yep and I was like this [rubs hands]. He was having trouble warming the rears, I could see that from when he came out of the pits. It took two or three laps to get the rears started. He wanted to push Sutil hard on the restart, but the rear tyres were obviously not hot enough. He would have saved the car, but it was unfortunate. Of course I had a smile on my face. I owe Kimi a drink."

Classic Mark Webber

Q. Did you see Kimi crash into Sutil?

MW: "Yep and I was like this [rubs hands]. He was having trouble warming the rears, I could see that from when he came out of the pits. It took two or three laps to get the rears started. He wanted to push Sutil hard on the restart, but the rear tyres were obviously not hot enough. He would have saved the car, but it was unfortunate. Of course I had a smile on my face. I owe Kimi a drink."

Classic Mark Webber

lol, can't see Kimi declining that offer. ;)