Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Italian Press Hails Monaco Master Hamilton

Even the notoriously nationalistic Italian press had to hail Ferrari adversary Lewis Hamilton's win on the streets of Monaco on Sunday.

"With extraordinary talent, Lewis was the master of the wet circuit; he did not even have the best car," La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Italian sports newspaper, wrote.

Famous Italian marque Ferrari, hindered by numerous team and driver mistakes on Sunday afternoon, struggled at the Principality despite locking out the front row of the grid in qualifying.

"Ferrari remains strong enough but Maranello may take the liberty of no more errors," Corriere dello Sport, another Italian sports newspaper, surmised.

Tuttosport, a Turin-based sports newspaper, characterised the Prancing Horse's Monte Carlo outing as a "half-disaster," and La Stampa said the race had been a "blackout" amid the common perception that the F2008 is still the quickest car in the field.

"After seven years Ferrari had hoped for victory in the Principality but must again accept humiliation. McLaren fully deserves this victory," Tuttosport concluded.

What!! IMO Lewis had a better strategy with pitting earlier for HIS mistake into the wall, Thereby he is the master in wet??? The SC benefitted him immensly and ony losing 2 places after a pit, so how is that masterful??

What!! IMO Lewis had a better strategy with pitting earlier for HIS mistake into the wall, Thereby he is the master in wet??? The SC benefitted him immensly and ony losing 2 places after a pit, so how is that masterful??

Oh comon Ankit! he won it fair and square. :P Yes, he did make a mistake that had benifitted him, so what? Every driver knows that Monoaco is a lottery to drive. He made one mistake, rest of the time he was just pushing and pushing. He didn't have the fastest car, but he made use of his chance more effectively than any one who finished behind him.

Oh comon Ankit! he won it fair and square. :P Yes, he did make a mistake that had benifitted him, so what? Every driver knows that Monoaco is a lottery to drive. He made one mistake, rest of the time he was just pushing and pushing. He didn't have the fastest car, but he made use of his chance more effectively than any one who finished behind him.

I agree with you both on this one. Confusing, eh?

Indeed.

They're kicking Ferrari's a## by hailing Hamilton and McLaren but the truth was that Hamilton made a mistake and it helped him win. He did a good race but he wasn't mastering anything.

Indeed.

They're kicking Ferrari's a## by hailing Hamilton and McLaren but the truth was that Hamilton made a mistake and it helped him win. He did a good race but he wasn't mastering anything.

I am not surprised by your comments. Yes it did help Lewis, but Mclaren hinted they were heavier than Ferrari anyways, you cant say Lewis couldn't have won if he didnt have that puncture, he had a fantastic start and he was just waiting to pounce on Massa, but he didn't try anything stupid, and just stayed clear off Massa'a dirty water. May be to your opinion you think it was not special, but driving in Monacco with all the pressure and keeping off the barriers on wet conditions are not like driving a Fiat Uno on a straight road. Atleast he didn't make a stupid move on someone where one can never overtake! :P

In the following link, you could read what a man who knows more about F1 than you thinks about Lewis's win.

http://totalf1.com/fullstory/view/260170/W..._Monaco_legend/

The facts:

Lewis got sideways and hit the wall and popped his tyre off the rim. This forced him to pit early, but due to his speed and keeping close to Massa he returned to the race having only lost two places.

Massa was in the lead, hit the pit lane paint and missed the first corner and was then stuck behind Kubica until Kubica pitted.

Kimi drove s##te from the flag, and topped it off by crashing into Sutil.

Lewis drove an excellent stint and reversed a 16-sec deficit into a 33-sec lead until Rosberg missed his braking point and nerfed it pretty hard into the wall. Following not too far behind was Lewis, and I think he was first of the televised cars through the mine field of carbon fibre shards that James Allen would have you believe are better than police spikes in giving out punctures.

Massa had ZERO answer to Lewis. Even Sutil, who benefited from mayhem around him, whilst staying off the walls himself was being out driven by Lewis.

IF (time to play the if game) Rosberg hadn't nerfed, it was plausible that Lewis may have lapped everyone. He was 2-3sec faster than Massa a lap, occasionally a second slower (possibly due to traffic??).

So it was a master class. A class with humility because he did have a mistake. But neither Ferrari drivers were going to touch him in that race.

The facts:

Lewis got sideways and hit the wall and popped his tyre off the rim. This forced him to pit early, but due to his speed and keeping close to Massa he returned to the race having only lost two places.

Massa was in the lead, hit the pit lane paint and missed the first corner and was then stuck behind Kubica until Kubica pitted.

Lewis drove an excellent stint and reversed a 16-sec deficit into a 33-sec lead until Rosberg missed his braking point and nerfed it pretty hard into the wall. Following not too far behind was Lewis, and I think he was first of the televised cars through the mine field of carbon fibre shards that James Allen would have you believe are better than police spikes in giving out punctures.

Massa had ZERO answer to Lewis. Even Sutil, who benefited from mayhem around him, whilst staying off the walls himself was being out driven by Lewis.

IF (time to play the if game) Rosberg hadn't nerfed, it was plausible that Lewis may have lapped everyone. He was 2-3sec faster than Massa a lap, occasionally a second slower (possibly due to traffic??).

So it was a master class. A class with humility because he did have a mistake. But neither Ferrari drivers were going to touch him in that race.

At last an opinion from someone that actually saw the race

:rolleyes:

Yes I do feel that Ferrari strategy was not the best but also the Ferrari's just did not have the pace. They did a stand out job in qually but it was not a true indication of the state of play around Monaco I felt.

I am not surprised by your comments. Yes it did help Lewis, but Mclaren hinted they were heavier than Ferrari anyways, you cant say Lewis couldn't have won if he didnt have that puncture, he had a fantastic start and he was just waiting to pounce on Massa, but he didn't try anything stupid, and just stayed clear off Massa'a dirty water. May be to your opinion you think it was not special, but driving in Monacco with all the pressure and keeping off the barriers on wet conditions are not like driving a Fiat Uno on a straight road. Atleast he didn't make a stupid move on someone where one can never overtake! :P

In the following link, you could read what a man who knows more about F1 than you thinks about Lewis's win.

http://totalf1.com/fullstory/view/260170/W..._Monaco_legend/

Don't be surprised he hate LH because being a rookie he trashed FA.

I hail LH too, he did a great job.

Don't be surprised he hate LH because being a rookie he trashed FA.

I hail LH too, he did a great job.

You hate FA, you should know why. Maybe you love God as much as you hate him? Forgive the guy and forgive us ABF's if you don't mind.

BTW, I don't hate Hamilton, I know it is hard to understand for you.

Abbas, Hamilton won the race because he drove consistently with a quite heavy car but he was lucky as well. You don't need to read an article you need to watch the race. Believe it or not, Italian press are hailing him and McLaren because they are kicking Ferrari/Kimi/Massa in their arses that way.

The facts:

:lol: Lewis did do a great middle stint, but I think it's silly to say Lewis out drove Sutil, can't we just say that they both drove very well?

:lol: Lewis did do a great middle stint, but I think it's silly to say Lewis out drove Sutil, can't we just say that they both drove very well?

Apparently we can't. :(

But maybe we could say both Alonso and Raikkonen didn't drive very well. :)

Alonso needs to watch out for Webber - 6 points behind to a car with a 'customer engine' will not go down well with his legions of fans. Imagine the great nando beaten by the journey man webber - blood will flow

:P

Alonso needs to watch out for Webber - 6 points behind to a car with a 'customer engine' will not go down well with his legions of fans. Imagine the great nando beaten by the journey man webber - blood will flow

:P

Excellent! Alienating 2 sets of driver's fans in one fell swoop, I'm impressed. I reckon you go for 4 next time :lol:

:lol:

Excellent! Alienating 2 sets of driver's fans in one fell swoop, I'm impressed. I reckon you go for 4 next time :lol:

:lol:

You hate FA, you should know why. Maybe you love God as much as you hate him? Forgive the guy and forgive us ABF's if you don't mind.

BTW, I don't hate Hamilton, I know it is hard to understand for you.

Abbas, Hamilton won the race because he drove consistently with a quite heavy car but he was lucky as well. You don't need to read an article you need to watch the race. Believe it or not, Italian press are hailing him and McLaren because they are kicking Ferrari/Kimi/Massa in their arses that way.

I don't hate Alonso but do enjoy a lot watching his fan's behavior, we had great names here because of that and you are building a big name too believe me.

I agree.

He said it was all or nothing in Monaco after the race but he didn't need to risk so much at Loews. I'm very disappointed, really. He wanted to do something impossible and he crashed into poor Heidfeld. I think he needs to grab some points every race, he shouldn't even look at the podium yet. He has to prove he is a WDC every race or he could lose focus if he goes every race trying to finish way too high. Can these drivers be conservative or they forget about it?

I still expect he can finish the season on top of Heidfeld and Kovalainen. I know it is not easy but if they keep drivng so badly Alonso should do it, he must do it. B)