Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Italian Press Hails Monaco Master Hamilton

The Italian Jurno might be on the right track, as I read on a German TV text how Schumi was giving excuses for FM at the beginning of the season, I quote: "FM had some missharps and some technical problems at the beginning of the season, but now he performs better than the SO-CALLED nr.1 driver. I never doubted his abilities".

From another forum

;)

From another forum

;)

Pah. That forum sounds like it's built it's foundations on conjecture, misquotes, Schumi bashing, Alsonso bashing, Kimi bashing, Lewis bashing and McLaren bashing! No wait, that's this forum :eusa_think:

At the Monaco start, FM was more concerned with KR than with LH resulting in the latter overhauling Kimi and almost had the jump on FM himself. Again, the reporter is attributing this to specific, though strictly unofficial 'advice' by MS.

Sure, just like in Monza last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vg4ta7LfuI

I'm sure Alonso blocked Massa intentionally to grant the 2nd position to his friend Hamilton. :whistling:

These things happen. It's unbeliavable how whenever Massa beats his teammate people ALWAYS search for an excuse or something to bitch at him.

"That was a Massa track."

"Massa won the race but didn't do what he is paid to do: help Kimi."

"Massa is using Schumacher's dirty advices, there can't be any other explanation!"

"Kimi is losing interest in the sport."

:rolleyes:

Sure, just like in Monza last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vg4ta7LfuI

I'm sure Alonso blocked Massa intentionally to grant the 2nd position to his friend Hamilton. :whistling:

These things happen. It's unbeliavable how whenever Massa beats his teammate people ALWAYS search for an excuse or something to bitch at him.

"That was a Massa track."

"Massa won the race but didn't do what he is paid to do: help Kimi."

"Massa is using Schumacher's dirty advices, there can't be any other explanation!"

"Kimi is losing interest in the sport."

In the event of ALWAYS searching for an excuse or something to bitch at him..... he did a bloody bad job keeping Hamilton behind him!!!! Hamilton was at a disatvantage almost at every corner, yet ending up ahead of him!!! The inept bloody brazilian should learn to yeild nicely!!!

Massa did hold a lighter Hamilton for over 20 laps before the overtake, if Raikkonen couldn't take advantage of that, it's his own problem. Both are there to win races, not to help each other.

Massa did hold a lighter Hamilton for over 20 laps before the overtake, if Raikkonen couldn't take advantage of that, it's his own problem. Both are there to win races, not to help each other.

Carefully read what I'm saying to you...it goes againts every teams ethics and regulations to let a another team pass their driver's without giving them a fight, especially when you're in the best team on the grid and your teammate has been compromised. Further to this, I could've been their 3rd 1-2 in a row, which means for money for the team and more "winning branding". If it was Micheal's advice, it is really ill-adviced. You better pray those points Massa gave Hamilton so easily don't come back to haunt him himself!

Carefully read what I'm saying to you...it goes againts every teams ethics and regulations to let a another team pass their driver's without giving them a fight, especially when you're in the best team on the grid and your teammate has been compromised. Further to this, I could've been their 3rd 1-2 in a row, which means for money for the team and more "winning branding". If it was Micheal's advice, it is really ill-adviced. You better pray those points Massa gave Hamilton so easily don't come back to haunt him himself!

Do you really think Schumi would give advice that would be to the detriment of Ferrari? Michael was many, many things, but he was never anything other than a team player. And he is still a consultant for Ferrari. I doubt very much that his employers would be happy if he was instructing Massa to affect Ferrari's team performance and surely if this reporter knows, then the team would also know?

Do you really think Schumi would give advice that would be to the detriment of Ferrari? Michael was many, many things, but he was never anything other than a team player. And he is still a consultant for Ferrari. I doubt very much that his employers would be happy if he was instructing Massa to affect Ferrari's team performance and surely if this reporter knows, then the team would also know?

the answer is quite simply YES Pabloh. Micheal was one distracting factor during the transition year. He was there during the races, which perhaps took the attention off of the man actually driving the car. Then, as it turns out, Kimi is a free finish spirit, focussing more on the today and tommorrow, not really of the future. and this concerns Micheal.....

Micheal concerns would inevitably be more for his predecessor, for the future of Ferrari, and would do everything in his power to assist Felipe Massa as his...guinea pig. His symphaties, so to speak, would lie more with the brazilian, to carry that tradition forward, which really is'nt a bad thing. The bad thing is he's more of a consultant, and it's turning out to be true... to one brazilian Felipe Massa. Kimi is doing things HIS way, the only way he knows how to. Peter Windsor has written an excellent article highlighting this fact before Kimi even put foot in Maranello, and it's turning out to be true.

Now are we on the same page Pabloh, or do I have to give you more info ;)

My take on this is that there has to be something in it for all this speculation to be doing the rounds. It sounds far fetched, but I was also taken aback by Luca baldisseri comments that Felipe could have done more to fend off lewis when it appeared obvious to most that there wasn't much he could do. Luca is in charge of strategy at Ferrari and should know what is going on within the team to make such comments which, on the face of it, seemed odd. I would also argue that Michael is capable of such skulduggery and is particulary adept at in house politics. Felipe has admitted that Michael is coaching him, so it makes sense that they would view kimi as a threat together with Lewis and react accordingly.

There is no smoke without fire

:eusa_think:

My take on this is that there has to be something in it for all this speculation to be doing the rounds. It sounds far fetched, but I was also taken aback by Luca baldisseri comments that Felipe could have done more to fend off lewis when it appeared obvious to most that there wasn't much he could do. Luca is in charge of strategy at Ferrari and should know what is going on within the team to make such comments which, on the face of it, seemed odd. I would also argue that Michael is capable of such skulduggery and is particulary adept at in house politics. Felipe has admitted that Michael is coaching him, so it makes sense that they would view kimi as a threat together with Lewis and react accordingly.

There is no smoke without fire

:eusa_think:

the fact that Kimi has won his championship at his first year with Ferrari is turning out to be more remarkable. Despite the in-house politics, the advice given from the 7 times world champ to his predecessor, Massa having an excellent relationship with the Ferrari guys, Kimi having to find his feet first and learning to drive the new Bridgestones.... the odds againts Kimi must've been decisively high.

I don't think Schumi would play against Ferrari intentionally but Kimi is not a rookie needed of counselling or advice. I'm quite sure Kimi and Schumi don't like each other very much, maybe they can't stand each other. Schumi's position in Ferrari is something I can't understand this year, if he liked to be a new Todt in the scuderia I would understand him working there but as a consultant... They have the reigning World Champion!

I would like to see Kimi win the title again and Alonso driving for Ferrari next year with him, would they still keep Schumi as a consultant for that couple? Seriously I understand Kimi doesn't like taking any advice from anybody other than himself. It can only bring trouble to the scuderia, it is not good for Kimi but it is not good for the team either. Kimi has to do well in a few races to show he doesn't need any counselling at all.

I think Schumi might well give advice against Ferrari. The better Massa does, the better it cements Schumi's own reputation. Plus certain figures in Ferrari might have put pressure on him to "retire", giving him a grudge. Kimi's refusal to take his advice might also motivate him to do everything to get Massa ahead. :lol: Many of his best friends and allies in the team have been replaced and ultimately Schumi was always in it for himself - I'm sure he's sabotaged his own team mates several times. I'd expect nothing less from the great man.

But tbh I don't know whether it was Schumi's advice to do these things or not. Personally I'd rather establish whether they were even done at all first. If so, Massa is quite capable of thinking it up himself, possibly with his own advisors. I hope he is sabotaging Kimi - that's what F1's all about!

the fact that Kimi has won his championship at his first year with Ferrari is turning out to be more remarkable. Despite the in-house politics, the advice given from the 7 times world champ to his predecessor, Massa having an excellent relationship with the Ferrari guys, Kimi having to find his feet first and learning to drive the new Bridgestones.... the odds againts Kimi must've been decisively high.

I disagree here - Kimi was the 'chosen' one last year if only to justify the huge monetary investment for his services. Having Michael coaching his team mate and Luca Baldisseri, head of team operations, claiming that the same team mate could have done better smacks of infighting to me. Kimi needs to re-assert himself over Massa or I can see a messy end for his Ferrari career.

I hope he is sabotaging Kimi - that's what F1's all about!

If F1 is like that then MS is the greatest saboteur of all time.

Your post just about makes sense. :eusa_think:

:wacko:

Yes and it looks like there's infighting alright. Kimi just can't be bothered imho.

If F1 is like that then MS is the greatest saboteur of all time.

Your post just about makes sense. :eusa_think:

:wacko:

I'm not sure you were watching F1 at the time, but there was a period after Michael's leg break that Eddie Irvine stood to land Ferrari their 1st WDC since the great Jody and there was speculation that Michael would be asked to 'assist' irvine in his battle against Mika. I cant remember the race, but Michael was significantly faster than the field and never expressley lent his support for Eddie instead offering his support to the 'team' - Michael has always been selfish and as Murray states above would gain a lot of satisfaction if massa were to beat Kimi, the driver that was meant to be his heir apparent and was in fact lauded as the faster driver.

Kimi shows very little respect to anyone out there. The comments about having a sh!t, while funny, show a lack of respect and will be paid back, with interest, at somepoint in the future. Human beings are vengeful, none more so than Michael.

the answer is quite simply YES Pabloh. Micheal was one distracting factor during the transition year. He was there during the races, which perhaps took the attention off of the man actually driving the car. Then, as it turns out, Kimi is a free finish spirit, focussing more on the today and tommorrow, not really of the future. and this concerns Micheal.....

Micheal concerns would inevitably be more for his predecessor, for the future of Ferrari, and would do everything in his power to assist Felipe Massa as his...guinea pig. His symphaties, so to speak, would lie more with the brazilian, to carry that tradition forward, which really is'nt a bad thing. The bad thing is he's more of a consultant, and it's turning out to be true... to one brazilian Felipe Massa. Kimi is doing things HIS way, the only way he knows how to. Peter Windsor has written an excellent article highlighting this fact before Kimi even put foot in Maranello, and it's turning out to be true.

Now are we on the same page Pabloh, or do I have to give you more info ;)

Nope, we are not on the same page and we never will be in this regard!

You have your bias and I will have mine. :lol:

I think Schumi might well give advice against Ferrari. The better Massa does, the better it cements Schumi's own reputation. Plus certain figures in Ferrari might have put pressure on him to "retire", giving him a grudge. Kimi's refusal to take his advice might also motivate him to do everything to get Massa ahead. :lol: Many of his best friends and allies in the team have been replaced and ultimately Schumi was always in it for himself - I'm sure he's sabotaged his own team mates several times. I'd expect nothing less from the great man.

But tbh I don't know whether it was Schumi's advice to do these things or not. Personally I'd rather establish whether they were even done at all first. If so, Massa is quite capable of thinking it up himself, possibly with his own advisors. I hope he is sabotaging Kimi - that's what F1's all about!

Cements Schumi's reputation in what way?

I'm not sure you were watching F1 at the time, but there was a period after Michael's leg break that Eddie Irvine stood to land Ferrari their 1st WDC since the great Jody and there was speculation that Michael would be asked to 'assist' irvine in his battle against Mika. I cant remember the race, but Michael was significantly faster than the field and never expressley lent his support for Eddie instead offering his support to the 'team' - Michael has always been selfish and as Murray states above would gain a lot of satisfaction if massa were to beat Kimi, the driver that was meant to be his heir apparent and was in fact lauded as the faster driver.

Kimi shows very little respect to anyone out there. The comments about having a sh!t, while funny, show a lack of respect and will be paid back, with interest, at somepoint in the future. Human beings are vengeful, none more so than Michael.

This is from the F1-facts wesbsite about Sepang 1999, the first race back for Michael after his accident.

Overeager teamwork at Ferrari

The race in Sepang 1999 is characterized by Ferrari's teamplay. Schumacher lets Irvine pass - twice. Schumacher tries to block the McLarens behind him to let Irvine drive away, Coulthard can press through nevertheless.

This rather unpopular teamwork at Ferrari was unnecessary as it turns out: Coulthard retires and because of an extra pit-stop, H

TBH I was very interested at the time of Prost, Senna, Schumi, Mika... TBH, I only switched off "a little bit" during the 99-02 period that I was living abroad.

Are you losing your marbles or something schumikonen? from what I can gather, Abbas is a fan of Lewis, he is actually making a sarcastic post to take the mick out of people bashing lewis for being Lucky. Or did you just skip the facts so that you had the chance to get in another one of your oh so inspired anti-alonso comments?

I was answering to him about Alexhop.

I get the feeling that if Michael had been still running a ferrari, he would be leading the WDC standings by a healthy margin. Ferrari has won 4 out of 6 races, 3 of those being a 1-2, and yet they are 2nd in the WDCs!

Kimi is a great racer, but I get the feeling that he has lost some of his fire since 2005. I mean, while watching te race this weekend I was thinking- is this the same guy that won Suzuka 05? I am not bashing him, just saying that perhaps he has lost his interest in F1 and is just going through the notions. Meanwhile I think, that as odious as comparisons are, Schumi in the same car would have handily won last year and would be ahead this one.

Perhaps that is why there are so many Fernando to Ferrari rumours going around

I think I found the answer for you in this news, I believe the bold part maybe the reason why Kimi looks like not focused on the race.

http://www.totalf1.com/fullstory/view/2604...by_Massas_form/

Rivals impressed by Massa's form

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, May 29th 2008, 09:34 GMT

Leading figures in Formula One have been impressed with Felipe Massa's consistency this season, as the Brazilian has emerged as a threat for the championship.

"Yeah, he is (a threat), but both of them are," said Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norberg Haug of Massa and teammate Kimi Raikkonen.

Having outqualified Raikkonen 5-1 this year, and put behind him the nightmares of his first two races, Massa's growing confidence is delivering a run of form that could see him emerge as Lewis Hamilton's main threat for the title.

And on the back of his pole position at bogey track Monaco last weekend, several F1 figures are convinced that Massa is now a much stronger challenger than many expected early on.

Toro Rosso co-owner Gerhard Berger told Autosport: "Massa needs to prove himself this year, and he's doing it race by race. He's always been bloody quick, but he's had some troughs. It seems like he is getting the maximum most of the time now. Impressive."

McLaren F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh told this week's Autosport: "Massa has always been quick but has not always had the consistency, and not always been error free, but he is doing a fantastic job at the moment and I am sure Kimi is scratching his head on that at the moment."

And four-time world champion Alain Prost is equally praiseworthy of Massa's form - but believes that Kimi Raikkonen's pace may be more about a focus on the title than a lack of ability to respond to his Brazilian teammate.

"Yeah, it's interesting," said Prost when asked about the dynamics between Massa and Raikkonen. "Maybe Kimi has not been very impressive in terms of his performance, and Massa, after he made mistakes at the start of the season, is now very impressive and very fast.

"But Kimi is more stable and seems to be thinking about the championship. I'm not surprised. Kimi is world champion, Massa wants to be world champion, so maybe Kimi does not want to risk going that extra tenth of a second this early in the championship.

"I think since last year he's been one of the contenders. He has speed, and he's now more consistent."